December 21, 2014 | 1586 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Lrdz

I love this concealer! I especially love the packaging because I can squeeze it out directly onto my face instead of having to dip the brush into a jar. I apply a few dots on my very stubborn acne and acne scars and with a few layers they are concealed! I gave it 4 lippies because it's not the best full coverage ever (although it can be achieved through many layers) but it works for me on a daily basis and if set properly with powder will not budge and cake up your face. Gives a nice natural finish. Wish I could give it 4.5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

Not too many people talk about MAC Select Cover-up anymore, but it's definitely one of my favorite liquid concealers. It's creamy (not watery) - not too thick and definitely not heavy. It provides a good light-medium coverage, so in conjunction with a medium coverage foundation, this concealer is really all you need. It's not going to provide opaque coverage for those with severe darkness, but for those with minor to average dark under-eyes, this should do the trick. It has more coverage than Moisture cover (that stuff just does nothing for me) and just does a fabulous overall job of brightening my under-eyes (this is usually what i use it for, for the most part). If you are on the fence about this one, grab a sample... this concealer is a win! Although I dread going into the MAC store because they all know who I am and they know I spend a lot of money, so they try and push products on me, which I am sure they do to everyone. Dont impluse buy there (you will get yourself in trouble, i know i do!) However, this is a very solid concealer (one of my favorites in liquid) and worth giving a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by apollo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have started using NC45 in this product to cover very minimal 'tired' lines beneath my eyes, and 'eyeglasses indentations' on either side of my nose due to a pair of heavy glass frames i wear (but need to replace due to this problem, lol). anyway, this product does a good job for my needs. wish it came with a mini applicator brush though, because i think that brush application is probably the best for this sort of concealer. overall, i'd repurchase, but will try bobbibrown's concealer also to do a comparison.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This is a great concealer if you are looking for something that provides light to medium coverage.

If you are looking for heavy coverage, this isn't for you. This is great for blending because its not too thick like other products. I like applying this to my under eye circles as well as getting the redness out from my cheeks. This is one of the few concealers that doesn't give me any problems for caking and seeping into wrinkle lines. It does dry your skin a tiny bit so make sure to use a daily moisturizer!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by jennclaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a light concealer with a very watery, liquidy consistency. The coverage is comparable to a high coverage foundation. It is water based so it does not last long and It has a very "classic makeup" scent to it. Its also really hard to keep this from slipping, fading and CREASING underneath the eyes so you have to powder it, and even then, good luck keeping it from creasing. I much prefer MAC's mineralize concealer to this. Although this one does come with A LOT of product. I had a nice run with this product, but I've found better concealers and with not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by materialface

This is a good concealer for a few reasons. This isn't my favorite because I've tried other concealers that are much better (bobbi brown, maybelline dream lumi, revlon photoready, .the balm, laura mercier).

pros:
- good price point for the amount of product in the tube. I've had my current tube for a year now and i have 3/4 left.
- packaging is nice and the squeeze tube is great because the hole is tiny to control how much you take out

cons:
- if you have bad under eye circles and heavy discoloration like me,
this won't do much for you UNLESS you use a correcting concealer first (yellow or green) to cancel out the darkness.
- this is a good spot treatment concealer for blemishes. the consistency is good so your blemishes aren't left looking cakey.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by ankosh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i actually gave it to my friend for free after i use it 2 times ( really a waste of money)i really dont know how poeple loves this !!
it is either i dont kow how to use or it is not good for my skin type
it is so hard to blens and it settles into my fine lines and i tried to blend it with everything but nothing works( brosh, fingers, foundation brush sponge )
it dries soooooo quiecly and it is so sheer it doesnt cover anything although i dont have dark circles just a littel to hide and it did nt
for me it was the worst ever
no offinding thouht i know there are alot of poeple conceder it as HG concelores i am sorry it did not work for me at all

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by libertinexox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great concealer. It's one of my two favourite concealers that I pretty much use as foundation and while this one is more expensive, the little tube lasts forever and a tiny amount goes pretty far. It also covers better and has more staying power.

I have very dark circles around my whole eye and I like a super natural, no-makeup look so I'm really picky about concealers and most are too heavy or drying for me.

This one does have a tendency to look a little dry on it's own but when I use coconut oil as a moisturizer under it and put it on before the coconut oil dries it gives a more dewy, natural result. It also took me a while to figure out that I don't need much (even though I do need a lot of coverage) and to blend it out like a foundation instead of patting it on gives a more natural result as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Houn01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been using the Skin79 Orange BB Cream and when I use it under my eyes it tends to crease so I decided to get this concealer since it's matte. I apply the bb cream all over and a thin layer under my eyes just to give it a little moisture and then I put on this concealer and it works great! No creasing! It definitely covers my darkness under my eyes too. I love that it's really easy to blend and doesn't crease like the Studio Finish concealer. This concealer is very lightweight and really works well with my bb cream. I use the shade NW15, the pink undertone brightens up the darkness yet the color goes well with the color of my bb cream.

I like the packaging more than the other MAC concealers I've used. I got tired of the Studio Finish concealer,it's in a pot, and when I used a brush it didn't get any product on it since it was so thick and I would have to use my fingers to warm it up but it would get stuck under my nails. This tube concealer is PERFECT! I have more control of how much product I use and there is so much product in this tube! It's definitely worth the $18. I would definitely repurchase this because its fantastic! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by claudiamariad

I needed to build this concealor to effectively cover my under eye circles and blemishes. Though it didn't perfectly conceal them, it did a pretty good job. However, when I'd build it, after a few hours it seemed to move around a lot and it created a strange looking flaky texture on my skin. It even dried out my skin really bad. It doesn't look natural at all and I do not recommend it. I am sure that for a little extra money there's something on the market that will work much better.