BeneFit Cosmetics Get Bent Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

3.0

on 4/23/2008 7:02:00 PM

I get why others wouldn't like this mascara, but I really like it. It holds the curl like no other mascara I have ever tried, the sales associate was not lying about it being a push up bra for lashes. The formula is a little on the thick side, and clumps are possible, the first few times I had to wipe the brush off. There are more good qualities though: it lasted all day and night and didn't flake or smudge, is a nice dark black, and the sleek metal tube stays clean. It can be layered nicely and adds some length and volume. I have tried bending other mascara brushes and using the bent disposable ones they use at makeup counters but it is not the same as Get Bent, the results are not as lifted. The only downsides: it is a little thick, and the tube has already dried out and it has only been a little over a month which is a pretty short life span for mascara. I will still buy another tube though and see if there is a trick to getting it to last longer. I'll also probably still experiment with other curling mascaras, but I would (and will) repurchase this one.

on 4/19/2008 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was in search for a good curling mascara for my long lashes and from realsimple.com, this pulled up as the best. This was the worst mascara I've ever purchased. It doesn't curl my lashes but weighs it down; it's clumpy; too much product goes onto the brush; and it's a big mess trying to put the brush into the tube as the product goes all over the rim. I wish I had my receipt to return this product.

on 4/14/2008 7:14:00 PM

Ummm, this mascara is terrible....I usually really ike Benefit makeup but this is waaaay overpriced for a clumpy, goopy mess with an awkward brush!! Definitely will not buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I loves mascaras and im always on the hunt for a better one. I love benefit products but was dissapointed with this one.

It clumps and the design of the wand makes it pull out more pruduct than needed....it doesnt separate or lift as I had hoped. I've only had it a few days and its alreasy seems to be drying out! There are alot better mascaras out there so dont waste your money on this expenive one!

******CLIQUE FOR PIQUES;

I haven't touched my Get Bent! in ages. It's one of those mascaras you never learn to love. Being a half-asian white girl, my lashes are too unique for my liking, and every mascara either clumps, runs, or worse, doesn't even look like it's there! Get Bent was no exception.

I love Benefit products due to their cute packaging, and cheesy names, but this just doesn't cut it! too much product comes out of the tube, making it impossible for control! I took a picture of it to SHOW YOU how much comes out when you first start using it. The formula is rather on the dry side, so I don't appreciate that, but it's fine. The brush is a total hater. It takes awhile to get used to it, and i constantly get smudges on my upper eyelids because the brush is flimsy. I hate that definitely.

The formula coats my lashes making them decent. Sorry I didn't feel like putting any mascara on to show you, but I did take some pictures for those of you that don't know if you're wanting to purchase this or not. I'd say try it yourself, or swap! because this definitely isn't worth as much as it's valued. I got mine in the Fast and the Flawless kit (Get Bent, Benetint mini, Eyebright, and Some-Kinda-Gorgeous), which half of the stuff I can't use.

Bottom Line: Too much product comes out! Too clumpy.

continued >>

on 3/28/2008 10:18:00 AM

I like this mascara once it has been used a bit- when i first got it i was very disapointed it- i thought it wayy too clumpy and just not worth the 15 quid i Paid for it. if you want a similar effect/product go for lancome hypnose mascara- thats much better

on 3/22/2008 11:08:00 AM

At first, the worked wonders, made my lashes a lot thicker (which is what I wanted, I don't need the length). But after a few weeks the liquid got very clumpy and needed to be wiped off before I could even use it.. with this method it lasted over a month, still with great results ...but was a hassle to do everyday.

on 2/19/2008 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I read the reviews on this one and decided to give it a shot. I was hoping for the best but there was no hope in sight! I have short sparse lashes and wear contacts as well. The brush was a little hard to get used to but I managed pretty well the first time I applied. I didn't really see any improved/added curl and length was decent. I was disappointed since the box referred to this as a "wonder bra" for lashes. Two hours after application my eye started bothering me, I looked in the mirror and saw flakes, had irritated eyes, and my curl had disappeared. Back to Sephora it went!!!!

on 2/7/2008 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The formula is the same as Bad Gal Mascara. The brush makes for an easy application but is hard to stick back in the tube without the mascara getting all over. Upside, it makes my lashes look fuller and longer than other mascaras.

on 2/2/2008 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like the bent brush but it just seems to dry up so fast...the store sample seemed so clumpy so I figured it was because it was the sample...I bought it and have had it for about 2 weeks. New product also clumps. Poor quality.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products