August 1, 2014 | 1854 users online

Palettes - MAC - 15-PAN

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by rinstarangel

I have 2 of these almost all filled up and my 3rd empty is on it's way. These are great for organizing eye shadows according to colors or finishes. Watch out though...it's addicting to try and get them all filled up!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

You definitely can't beat the quality of MAC palettes for the price and the fact that they're magnetized .. I have 4 pans, and 15 pans, and while I love both .. I prefer the 4 pans if for no other reason than the elimination of "guesswork" on what's inside, since the lids on the 4's are clear. I still love my bigger palettes .. but I'm hoping MAC will eventually re-do the 15's with clear lids so that I can easily and quickly see what's inside without having to label them, or keep opening/closing them to see what's inside. All in all though, for $12.50 .. it doesn't get much better than this! MAC palettes never break on me, and are incredibly convenient since it allows me to depot and consolidate my stash :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by CMmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these palettes! They save so much space, whether it's in your train case or just lying around on your vanity. Perfect for those who collect all the eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 4:29:00 AM More reviews by pinksnowbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

love it, great for organizing shadows. for those that complain that it doesnt have a mirror/brush holder, thats because its not meant to be carried around in your purse!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely ADORE these palettes.

So many different types of eyeshadows fit within this palette, and it just sooooo convenient and easy to store. For the quality of this palette I will be definitely buying more.

They are an amazing investment. Especially since I have bought many other types of makeup palates that fit MAC shadows and they aren't nearly as great of quality. In these ones I never have to worry about the eyeshadows falling out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

This refillable compact is simple, sleek, and slim. It has a flat black plastic exterior with MAC logo on the top. Unfortunately, there is no mirror or well for storing a brush. Overall, the palette is the same size as MAC's refillable 6-pan (blush) palettes, just with a different insert for holding 15 pans. Perfect for gals who like to depot and/or mix and match colors.

The palette itself is magnetized. Holds pans up to 26mm in diameter, such as:

Smashbox eyeshadow singles

Studio Makeup / Studio Gear

Urban Decay Eye Shadow

Wet 'n' Wild

-->See snickersforsnuggle's notepad (click here) for a more complete listing. (You may have to click on "continued" to get the hyperlink to work.) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by nerdcat

I SWORE that I would never depot... but... then... ugh.... I totally caved!

Well innitially I just wanted to create a palette of neutral/everyday shadows that I intended to buy in pan form slowly over time... but I got anxious looking at an empty palette with only four shadows in it so I decided one or two of my earlier shadows would work well in the palette... and then some more...and then some more...

NOW I have TWO palettes full (one neutral and one pinks/purples) both depots and propans, and I couldn't be happier.

I still keep some LE packaging and a few colours that I had already hit pan on and was afraid to break in the depotting process....

My depotting technique:
I have NEVER broken a shadow during this procedure, and only ripped one label and that was before I perfected my technique.
All you need are the right tools:
A $2 eyeglass repair kit from any drugstore. (this is the secret weapon!)
A candle
A fridge magnet(cut into tiny pieces), like a pizza advertisment or some such...

So I use the mini flat head screw driver that comes with the eyeglass kit to pop off the top pan section from the pot part of the MAC container by sticking it into the seam at the front in the latch part.
I hold the back of the shadow above the flame of the candle until is it a little "sweaty" with condensation and then I put the shadow face down on the table and press the screw driver into the melty back of the pan until the metal pan comes out of it.
It will still be gluey and sticky so I attach a tiny magnet to it then and put it aside.
Next I take the "pot" part of the container and put the sticker/label side above the flame.
After a few seconds, the sticker will begin to seperate from the plastic and it will be easily pulled off.
It too will still be sticky so I put it directly ontop of the magnet on the back of the shadow metal pan.
I press down to make sure the label is properly stuck to the pan and VOILA!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This opened up a lot of space that I needed lolz.
I love how it's magnetic so I could re-arrange when I needed it.
Great buy. Will recommend to all my friends.
It's quite slim too so even if you stacked it, it doesn't take up a lot of space :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2009 5:54:00 PM More reviews by samantha1987

I can really say that i have NEVER made a smarter cosmetic purchase before! In the past my many shadows were just laying in their drawer, in no order at all - causing me to use just a few of them.

But now that i have them all sorted into pallets, i am using (and combining) colors that i didn't even remember i had! Of course as a result my eye looks are better than ever.

Its even a point of pride to look at all your pallets, organized by color or finish, or brand (since there are many besides MAC that actually fit). Because the shadows are only attached by a magnet, it is also i a lot of fun to rearrange the colors to your hearts content.

So even if you think your collection doesn't require a pallet (i didn't think mine did), i urge you to give this a try. Seeing all your shadows together will revolutionize the way you do your eyes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by neekolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THESE!!!!!! never in the world i would think to be owning one of these and now i own THREE!!! oh my goodness, you just get hooked! i decorate the front of mines with a sticker so i know which one is which. i love these so much and they're perfect for traveling!! it would get so annoying searching for the color you wanted to use when everything is mixed together!