October 25, 2014 | 946 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by snowflakegirl

Mascara is the one beauty product I always seem to fall for the hype on, I keep trying mew ones as they come out, finding them OK or not very good, and then going back to this until something else catches my eye! I think I just need to stick to this from now on, as nothing else is as good! I've got quite long, thick lashes anyway, and Inimitable makes them longer and more defined while looking totally natural and never ever clumping. I will still have a bit of a flirt with Lancome Hypnose for evening wear, but this is most definitely my daytime HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by jpcls

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara will lengthen but not fill in much. I already have long lashes and this makes them look like long spider legs. The worst part is it makes my eyes burn and tear for the whole time I have it on. Not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by raini21516

I looooove this mascara. I'm super confused about the reviews complaining about clumping or crumbling, maybe they just got a bad batch? Anyway, after curling and applying this, my lashes were super long, but not spidery. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

I can honestly say that this is one of the worst mascaras I have ecer tried. The wet formula weighed down my lashes and left me with spider lashes. Not my idea of looking natural. So definitely not the kind of look I was after!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

im currently using this mascara... will definately recommend this... Very good quality and makes my lashes look thicker.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by Anarspace

I wanted this to be the best mascara!!!!! It's Chanel ! Unfortunately I was very disappointed. In order to wear it I had to treat my eyes with clear eyes to get the red out in advance! It would crumble off my lashes after a half hour, and was very clumpy. I splurged on this stuff thInking it was a wise choice.... And I feel like I was beat out of 47 bucks. I don't advise this product to anyone and my search for a new mascara continues.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in black and I like it, but I don't love it. The formula seems thinner than some mascaras so it goes on smoothly and coats each lash nicely without clumping. It doesn't seem to be particularly volumizing or lengthening but I like the definition it gives my lashes. I've noticed a chemical smell when I use it but it does not irritate my eyes. I like the brush and the tube is elegant, as you would expect from Chanel (unlike the giant orange LashBlast tube). My main complaint is that it stays wet longer than other mascaras which makes it easier to smudge while I'm finishing my makeup. I bought this as part of a holiday set but I don't like it enough to justify the price and repurchase it on its own.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by m4k3meup

This is one of my favorite mascaras. The brush is a great size for applying all over the lashes and also being able to get the corners without getting mascara all over. The brush is also great at separating lashes. It works really well at lengthening and emphasizing long lashes. It can hold a curl well, and doesn't really flake at all. The only drawbacks for me are that it doesn't do much in the volume department. I have long lashes but not very thick, and I find it doesn't do much to add that fullness and volume. I find that it also runs a bit easier than other mascaras I've tried (this is a review for the non-waterproof version). Overall though, the separation, curl, and lengthening that it does is great. Definitely worth trying out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by shaktigal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Its Ok, but certainly not an inimitable product at all. Nothing special really. When i compare it to my all-time favourite mascara, which is "Origins Fringe benefits, lash loving mascara", then the Chanel falls back with regard to price, since costing twice as much, also the easy application of several layers without unwanted areas of uneven "accumulation" is not as good as with Origins, and Origins is more natural looking and just looks better (sexier) on my lashes. Sadly this mascara is not available any more on the Swiss market.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by kate0680

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i got a sample of this mascara when buying a perfume and i found the formula fantastic. no clumping, subtle thickening and nice lengthening. sure its not dramatic, but i'm not a huge fan of super thick unnatural looking lashes. i have hooded eyes which can get quite oily and i often have problems with mascara ending up on my upper and lower eyelids. But i found even with the non waterproof version this was not an issue, so long as i wear too faced SI or urban decay PP, unlike the mascara i am now using which is diorshow waterproof formula (not a fan). The size of the brush is also great. I think its up there with the best mascara i've used. Good thing i got that sample, or i may have never tried it :)