Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

3.2

Not tested on animals

on 9/5/2013 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have medium length 3b highlighted hair. I bought this thinking "you get what you pay for"... and since its expensive, it should be great! Well, not so much.
I did enjoy this when I first got it, but I noticed that if I use it more than once a week, my hair gets incredibly dry=frizz and impossible detangling... I also don't think you need 16 pumps.. that's a tad excessive.
It's okay if you are using not so much of it... and trust me, once you realized you just paid $100 for a kit, you'll want to make it last forever.
You're much better of co-washing or finding a much cheaper alternative like "Hair One" at Sally's or Loreal EverCurl.

You would also expect that the customer service would be better for such an expensive product. Wrong again! They are HORRIBLE and rude. Don't expect a refund for their double billing.. :(

Not a bad product but certainly not a great one either.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product doesn't foam at all, which is a little weird to get used to, as it's supposed to be a sort of shampoo/conditioner combo. It conditioned my hair well and made it very soft, but also very heavy; it never really felt clean when I used it, and it was harder to style. It just felt perpetually oily, sort of. It didn't smell particularly great, either; not bad, but not stellar. I expected a lot more for the price, I guess.

on 8/25/2013 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It's just okay. I use it when I shave my legs now.

on 8/19/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like this when I use shampoo first, not without. It makes my hair greasy and weighed down :/

on 8/16/2013 1:59:00 PM

I've read some reviews about this product making hair fall out, has anyone experienced this? I need feedback on this..

The last thing I need is my hair falling out as I have curly fine hair. I used this product for the first time yesterday before I read the reviews about hair thinning with repeated use of this cleanser, but my hair felt really soft and bouncy so, not bad. I find a little goes a long way on my hair, everyone says to use a lot, I used a few pumps and it did fine, you have to rinse really good. I love the Replenishing Treatment Mist and the deep conditioner that it came with, I think I will alternate with my Organix shampoo and see how it goes.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I did not pay for it, a friend gave me a small tube, thank goodness!! My scalp burned and itched after my first use. I had to rinse my head with cold-ish water a few hours afterwards to sooth it. It did make my hair look nice, but I am just slightly wavy and bendy, not curly or frizzy. I really wish I could like it because my hair looked and felt so nice, but hey, it just irritated my scalp. Also, I read QVC reviews (there are 250 plus) users of WEN stating that after long term use they noticed their hair falling out or thinning. I think I will stick to occassional use of L'Oreal Cleansing Conditioner and my Body Shop Bananna Shampoo. I LOVE Body Shop products in general. They never irritate me. I tried it on a Sunday, it's now Wednesday and my head is still itchy ish days later :( Sorry Chaz, you won't be getting thirty dollars from me a month when I can just pay eight.

UP DATE: I had to stop using it all together. Not only did it burn and itch my scalp, but I tried it just on the ends a few more times and LOST hair. Even my fiance noticed my hair was thinner and he never notices anything beauty wise LOL! My strands were all over our white bathroom floor. Again sorry CHAZ, but I prefer my cheap Suave Coconut and Body Shop shampoos and conditioners, even my L'Oreal Cleansing Shampoo is way better than WEN :(

on 7/27/2013 2:39:00 AM

This product is great but it depends on how you style it and your air type. First off you need to use a large quantity for one wash. Secondly if you wanna blow dry straight this product isn't for you because your hair is over moisturized so the oils will just burn the hair from the heat. Thirdly, if you have hair that you don't need to style and with a little moisture you can just let it be and look wonderful well then this is for you. I have curly hair that is thin and a long thin face. I need to style it so I get more volume and often straighten so Wen does not improve my looks. Great product and idea but not for me

on 7/15/2013 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I ordered this from the shopping channel and it was a big mistake. The costumer service was horrible when you try to cancel an order they hound you and say they'll send you some of their other products. Trying to cancel my second order was a nightmare. The cleanser it's self was pretty moisturizing but it wasn't worth the money. I'd buy this if it was cheaper and they sold it in stores where I could return it without any hassle.

on 7/11/2013 9:21:00 PM

Oh my God. Just - Oh my God. Please do yourself a favor and buy this. I swear to you that it is worth EVERY penny. I can't even tell you how absolutely amazing this product is. Short, sweet, and to the point - This will give you the softest and healthiest hair ever. GO BUY THIS!!! NOW!!!!!

on 7/4/2013 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have to say anybody who is getting a residue after washing isn't rinsing properly.
I have extremely course, dry brittle hair from highlighting for the summer. This stuff has saved my hair hands down. After usage I don't have to flat iron my hair any longer, so a win win in the long run as I am using less products and not using the flat iron.

I let the water run on your head for at least 1 minute (in the shower), after that I put 13 pumps in my hair, focusing on my scalp, then running the product through the ends, rinse then repeat but only using about 5 pumps, then I comb through (product still in hair) pin up with a clip and leave until I am done my shower. Rinse then put one pump in damp hair and then towel dry. This process has left my hair really clean and conditioned.

I paid $38.00 for the bottle, but I no longer have to buy Shampoo and Condition which ran me about $60.00 using Aveda so it is cheaper.

Would I purchase again, yes hands down!!!

Popular Hair Products