Flexitol Heel Balm

4.7

Water, urea, lanolin, cetearyl alcohol, mineral oil, glyceryl stearate, decyl oleate, PEG-20 stearate, paraffin, phenoxyethanol, sodium PCA, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), allantoin, centipeda cunninghamii extract, glycolic acid, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, benzyl alcohol, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil, arginine, aloe vera gel, fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've been using this for 5 years now and I've recommended to everyone I know. It really works; my heels were severely dry and used to crack, but since I started using this product that was no longer an issue. My routine now includes using my ped-egg, taking a shower and then slathering this on my feet and wearing socks a few nights a week. It really softens your feet which can be rather painful when they get super dry. Also, because this keep my heels soft and non-flakey I only need to get pedicures once every 2 months as opposed to once a month. The smell....It's pretty bad, but because the product works I'd have to say it's worth it.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This stuff actually does what it says it will do--cures horrible painful cracks, or just plain dry feet. How refreshing.

No hype here--the photos of nasty cracked feet on the box might have come from a dermatology textbook. Don't let that put you off. This product is about substance, not style.

Open it up. Don't waste time smelling or looking at it too closely. The color and scent aren't awful, but it's not that Creme de Mer or whatever it's called. Just massage it into your feet. Let it dry a little bit. It's a tad sticky, but not bad.

Then, put on your socks and prepare to be amazed. I can't remember how quickly it works, but I'm sure you'll feel moisturized within the hour, and healed more quickly than with any other foot product.

There are other products out there that contain urea, the magical ingredient. However, few contain the high concentration of urea found in this product---I think it's 25%. CVS has a generic substitute that works okay, and I think I saw something similar at Sally's, but I'd stick with the real deal. It's not that expensive. Anything this popular that's so unattractive must be good!

on 8/4/2009 2:36:00 PM

Great product! Using this, with my ped egg, it has been the first summer I have not had painful, cracked heels! Living in Phoenix I wear sandals from April to October and have been embarrassed about my heels. Not anymore!

It works, does exactly what is says on the packaging; treats dry, cracked skin on feet to give you softer skin. Fast. One or two applications later you can see and feel the difference; all you have to do is keep on going.
It's readily available in most drugstores, for a fair price (considering it actually works where a lot of others only claim to!) It's worth it. Only gripe is it smells pretty strong, and it leaves feet slippery. But then most foot creams do, and I don't mind as long as it works! Powerful stuff indeed.

on 7/14/2009 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have what I call 'farm girl feet' -- and have searched high and low for a product that can really help 'heal my heels.' This one and this one ONLY, does it. I saw visible results after one days use. AMAZING. The only negative about this little tube of heaven is the smell. It does stink. But I can easily get past that due to the results it provides.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

after i use my Checi foot file, i follow up with flexitol and apply some socks...wake up with super soft feet! my feet have been dry lately and i've tried different lotions...but this is by far, my fave!

on 3/23/2009 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this for my feet, which get very calloused and cracked if I don't use this product. I use a scraper (such as the Ped Egg) in conjunction with this and have never had lovelier feet! After applying Flexitol, my feet feel very warm and turn a little pink, but it is not an unpleasant feeling. It smells mediciney, but the results are definitely worth it.

on 2/25/2009 5:43:00 AM

Thank you Makeupalley for the high rating on this product. I never would have found it on my own.

It is the only product that has healed my severely cracked and dry heels. I put it on at night and wear cotton socks to bed. It soaks in fast and is easy to get out in the flip top tube. It's holy grail product for me now. I love it. I can finally wear flipflops and slinkback pumps again.

The constistency is perfect and I don't notice any type of odor. My hands seem so much smoother, too, just from the application process. I found it at Walgreens and Target for about $4 for 4oz. The active incredient is 25%urea. Other lotions and creams I have tried only contained a smaller percentage, so I'm sure the high content has something to do with its effectiveness.

I truly can't recommend this product enough.

on 2/21/2009 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, I am not reviewing this for use on my feet. I have pretty severe keratosis pilaris - those pesky, red bumps on your upper arms. Regular lotion does nothting, and I was not about to shell out $40 for some fancy lotion. Urea works for KP as well so I figured Id try it. I can already notice a small difference with one use. With KP, the results only last if you continue to use it, so I imagine this will save me a lot of money. Now, my KP is pretty severe because this product doesnt even so much as make my skin tingle (and its something like 25% urea?). So I would not recommend this for those that only have minor problems. My only gripe is the smell, not so bad when its on your feet, but when its on your upper arms *cringe*. It reminds me of the hair dye I used to use, hence 1 lippie off. For the results, I will continue to use it and deal with the stench.

on 1/17/2009 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is HG! A lifesaver! I have those type of nasty heels that you see in the "before" part of the PedEgg commercial..and I have tried everything, before this, only regular pedicures and Gehwol Foot Salve worked. I lost my pedicurist and my feet cracked up again on me. Deep, crusty and bleeding cracks. I read the reviews for this, and am I ever glad that I did! My feet are now as soft and smooth as they are gonna get for the dead of winter, and no cracks! Love this stuff, will continue to repurchase until I build an immunity to it. (Hope it doesnt happen)

Top Rated Flexitol Products