October 2, 2014 | 1279 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 7:24:00 AM More reviews by khadijanile

ok so i took away a lippie because i feel it is overpriced and there is NO sense of luxury from packaging! the product however works very very well as part of the BECCA regime, using prior foundation stick and only cover where is needed. you get a wonderfully flawless result. using it on its own,...Mmmm. if you have perfect skin... why not... will even out colour ever so slightly if you dont have much to even out!
i think to use it alone you need pretty amazing skin!

BECCA is a great brand and i love their foundation stick.

They have a LOAD of colours also.... something for everyone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by iammao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using 2 colours (Camel & Olive) of the LSC off and on for a year. The other TM I own is a Laura Mercier one. I use this with Becca's loose finishing powder and concealer.

My skin colour - MAC NC20/25 in the winter, about NC30 in the summer wtout serious tanning, but when I do my colour can swing on far ends on the spectrum. I am of Sinic descent but I'm less yellow and more neutral compared to most ethnic Chinese skintone.

Colour: I'm currently about NC30 this summer without serious tanning done and I'm matched with Camel.
The colour is a good match, it brightens up my own neutral skintone but does lean towards yellow undertones. I love that oxidisation is at a minimum, and barely noticeable. Update 09/2011 - I've paled out a lot and no longer tan. Now I'm matched to Cashmere.

Texture: This is literally a tinted moisturiser. It is moisturising and it has a tint. It can on a little tackier than other TMs which come out of the tube more like liquid foundation vs moisturiser. However, the texture does not interfere with blending.

Coverage: It has a low to medium coverage with a focus on improving skin colour. I use the matching concealer over the LSC to mask any problem spots. It is semi-matte after layering with loose powder but shows up dewy but yet velvety to the touch after a few hours.

I find that this works well because I prefer a natural look. Most medium to high coverage foundations leave me with a very flat look.

Usage: Keeping in mind the tacky texture, I have tried applying with MAC's foundation brush, a wedge sponge and my fingers - all resulted in flawless application. My fave is applying a wedge sponge with a rolling movement.

I normally do not trust the moisturising properties in TMs despite having oily/combi skin. In my early tries with this, I layered on a light oil absorbing moisturiser under this TM. It resulted in a mess.

Later on while reading the product info that came in the box, Becca strongly suggested skipping a moisturiser unless you have very dry skin. I looked at the ingredients list again and realised I should give it a try. Jojoba oil amongst other emollients are high in the list, so if you are breaking out with this, make sure you are not using extra moisturiser underneath, or if you layer extra sunscreen. that it doesn't contain extra emollients.

So now I use the Laura Mercier primer (only to finish it up) underneath the LSC and finishing it off with Becca's loose powder. The effects have been amazing. No breakouts, no sliding, minimal to no oxidising.

Also, please remove the LSC with an oil based cleanser like Fancl's/ Shu's due to its clingy texture. You may be leaving residue on your skin which may otherwise contribute to breakouts often reported by some users.

Claims:
I have to say that the three Becca products I own have lived up to it's claims.

The LSC's suncreen - I went to visit a friend in Discovery Bay, Hong Kong for a whole day during the height of summer. I forgot to bring sunscreen for my holiday and only had this. I pretty much used it as the first line of UV defence for my skin throughout my holiday. After walking up hills and beaches for hours with only this one, I went back with no sunburn, and no increased aggravation of hyper pigmentation spots along my cheekbones.

Waterproof when layered with Becca loose powder -
Summers in Hong Kong and Mainland China make tropical weather look like a nice day in spring. With average humidity levels from 70%-80% and temperatures of about 40 Celcius during the day and 32 Celcius at night, it is impossible to wear any kind of makeup and not expect a pool of mess.

Once again, the same trip to Discovery Bay was a serious test drive for Becca's products and claims. After 8 hours outdoors, with at least 2-3 hours being in the sun, climbing hills and sweating, I was truly shocked and amazed at how the LSC and loose powder lived up to it's claims.

Of course I was a sweaty mess, and my makeup wasn't exactly fresh out of the pot matte, but neither was it obvious I was wearing any makeup nor had it melted off my face (everything was clearly there when I took it off at night). Instead, I just looked like I was glowing after climbing up a hill, sweat included of course. The tint had remained intact despite the sweat, heat and humidity!

Price: This stuff is not cheap. But I have not found anything close to it. So I will willingly pay/squirrel my way for cheaper sources/discounts.

If you fly out of Changi Terminal 3, you can pick this up at duty free for SGD89 (~USD 61.70), $10 cheaper than at Sephora. Update 09/2011 - Becca is no longer stocked in Singapore.

I also got a very good deal in HK's Lane Crawford during the summer sale period. Any foundation product + powder product = free full size concealer of your choice.
So I paid approx. HKD 810 (~USD 104.50) for three full sized products.

Verdict - I love this and the other Becca products I have purchased. It has truly lived up to its claims. The choice of colours are awesome and I wish I had bought more during my trip to HK so I will have a light enough colour when winter comes along. I will continue buying this because it fits my needs for now. But the bottle is likely to last a while so we'll see.

Update 09/2011 - I have since purchased the stick fdtn in Latte to spot layer over the LSC for special occasions and photos. The effects are amazing. This is my fall back combo everytime I need that seriously good skin look, not seriously good foundation look.

34 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 4:46:00 AM More reviews by greaterthan76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this in conjunction with the heavier foundation stick and loose powder and have received compliments about how 'amazing' my skin looked! Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by riya2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin is reasonably clear although a little dry so I hate cakey foundations and don't need them. This is a perfect cover up, sheer and quite moisturising, evens out skin tone and provides an spf. It's more like a tinted moisturiser than a foundation. People with oily skin might find it adds too much "dewiness" but I need an added moisture boost so I really like the texture. Bottle is a pain as it stops pumping about 3/4 through and you have to fish out the rest of it with a paddle or tap it out onto your hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by slipping_glimpser

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to give this foundation a try as so many people on the board have raved about it. Initially, I too felt pretty rave-y about it, until after a few days of wearing it, I started developing cystic breakouts in places that I never break out - my cheeks. I have normal to dry skin and when I do break out it is where one might expect - the nose and chin. I chose to deny this was related to the Becca and after healing that monster zit (about 2 weeks) I went ahead and threw caution to the wind. I was all smiles as I applied the LSC again. It looked great. A few days later - deja vu. I put this foundation away, far away. Shoot, it is a brand new barely used foundation. I keep thinking I should raok it, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for any bad breakouts in others. I still have the red scars on my cheek. I don't know what the ingredient(s) is that might have caused this, but since I\/ve stopped using it I have not had this happen again. Please approach this with caution if you are certain it won't cause skin issues for you. If, on the other hand, your skin agrees with it, I did love the finish and the coverage. Very natural. The shade - Nude - perfect match for NW 20. I gave it a high rating despite my problems with it because it was a great shade match, loved the packaging (pump), and until I broke out it looked so good. My loss.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by luvnudao

Meh! gives no coverage, the pump was the worst thing ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by DarlaRay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't usually wear foundation, I like TM's better. My main reason for not wearing foundation is because I like my skin to look natural and not "cakey". Becca always does such a good job at providing natural skin colors. This foundation provides just enough coverage to even out my skin tone, but not enough to make it appear that I am even wearing foundation. It goes on smooth and blends in easily. It's light weight and very sheer. I haven't ever had an issue breaking out while wearing this.
The packaging itself is along the same traditional lines of Becca. With it's pump plastic bottle it's easy to dispense and I can see when I am getting low. One pump is usually too much product for me, but I've gotten used to only pumping what I need.
Becca provides a lot of colors to choose from so if you are like me and tend to be paler in the winter, and darker in the summer, you can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jencasino

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lightweight foundation that provides coverage without clogging my pores. I use this, along with my other Becca faves, as the base before I put on the rest of my mkeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by shoeho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm sending this back to Becca. It's runny, gives virtually no coverage, and is just plain bad. No reason to purchase it that I can see. I adore a wide range of Becca products (creme blush, beach tint, e/s, lippies), but this is NOT one. I'll spring the extra $ for Chantecaille, or just use Face High Noon Glow. Only reason I bought Becca LSC was because I wanted a "spray" TM--not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received Becca LSC Makeup in #Porcelain (lightest shade) in a swap. For reference: I'm a cool- to neutral toned NW10 with dry, sensitive Rosacean skin. Still looking for a HG foundation/TM light enough to suit my pale complexion and not irritating my sensitive skin. According to Becca's website LSC is a tinted moisturizer/sheer foundation which means it isn't supposed to offer lots of coverage. Which it doesn't indeed; for me it offers just enough coverage to even out my ruddy cheeks while still showing my freckles through. #Porcelain is pale enough (it is lighter than NW15 for sure) but unfortunately a tad too pink for my skin; I would prefer it to be more neutral-toned.
The texture is great for my dry skin! This is the most moisturizing tinted moisturizer out of all the others I've been trying, including LM tinted moisturizer and BB TM. Please note that I always have to wear my regular moisturizer underneath any foundation/tm and I still have to wearing this particular foundation/tm but whereas other tinted moisturizers did leave my skin kind of dry after a full day of wearing Becca LSC didn't so. The finish is dewy and radiant but not shimmery. I didn't experience any irritation.
Becca LSC comes in a pump bottle; one pump is all I need to cover my whole face. I apply with a damp sponge; it spreads out evenly and blends well.
Conclusion: this is the first tinted moisturizer/sheer foundation I like but I won't purchase because I do need slightly better coverage; the shade isn't right for my skin and because it's hard to get overhere. Also it's quite expensive; one bottle retails for $48. I have to mention though it's a large bottle, containing 50ml/1.7FL.OZ. *PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No