April 17, 2014 | 1424 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 4:46:00 AM More reviews by greaterthan76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this in conjunction with the heavier foundation stick and loose powder and have received compliments about how 'amazing' my skin looked! Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by riya2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin is reasonably clear although a little dry so I hate cakey foundations and don't need them. This is a perfect cover up, sheer and quite moisturising, evens out skin tone and provides an spf. It's more like a tinted moisturiser than a foundation. People with oily skin might find it adds too much "dewiness" but I need an added moisture boost so I really like the texture. Bottle is a pain as it stops pumping about 3/4 through and you have to fish out the rest of it with a paddle or tap it out onto your hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by slipping_glimpser

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to give this foundation a try as so many people on the board have raved about it. Initially, I too felt pretty rave-y about it, until after a few days of wearing it, I started developing cystic breakouts in places that I never break out - my cheeks. I have normal to dry skin and when I do break out it is where one might expect - the nose and chin. I chose to deny this was related to the Becca and after healing that monster zit (about 2 weeks) I went ahead and threw caution to the wind. I was all smiles as I applied the LSC again. It looked great. A few days later - deja vu. I put this foundation away, far away. Shoot, it is a brand new barely used foundation. I keep thinking I should raok it, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for any bad breakouts in others. I still have the red scars on my cheek. I don't know what the ingredient(s) is that might have caused this, but since I\/ve stopped using it I have not had this happen again. Please approach this with caution if you are certain it won't cause skin issues for you. If, on the other hand, your skin agrees with it, I did love the finish and the coverage. Very natural. The shade - Nude - perfect match for NW 20. I gave it a high rating despite my problems with it because it was a great shade match, loved the packaging (pump), and until I broke out it looked so good. My loss.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by luvnudao

Meh! gives no coverage, the pump was the worst thing ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by DarlaRay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't usually wear foundation, I like TM's better. My main reason for not wearing foundation is because I like my skin to look natural and not "cakey". Becca always does such a good job at providing natural skin colors. This foundation provides just enough coverage to even out my skin tone, but not enough to make it appear that I am even wearing foundation. It goes on smooth and blends in easily. It's light weight and very sheer. I haven't ever had an issue breaking out while wearing this.
The packaging itself is along the same traditional lines of Becca. With it's pump plastic bottle it's easy to dispense and I can see when I am getting low. One pump is usually too much product for me, but I've gotten used to only pumping what I need.
Becca provides a lot of colors to choose from so if you are like me and tend to be paler in the winter, and darker in the summer, you can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jencasino

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a lightweight foundation that provides coverage without clogging my pores. I use this, along with my other Becca faves, as the base before I put on the rest of my mkeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by shoeho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm sending this back to Becca. It's runny, gives virtually no coverage, and is just plain bad. No reason to purchase it that I can see. I adore a wide range of Becca products (creme blush, beach tint, e/s, lippies), but this is NOT one. I'll spring the extra $ for Chantecaille, or just use Face High Noon Glow. Only reason I bought Becca LSC was because I wanted a "spray" TM--not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received Becca LSC Makeup in #Porcelain (lightest shade) in a swap. For reference: I'm a cool- to neutral toned NW10 with dry, sensitive Rosacean skin. Still looking for a HG foundation/TM light enough to suit my pale complexion and not irritating my sensitive skin. According to Becca's website LSC is a tinted moisturizer/sheer foundation which means it isn't supposed to offer lots of coverage. Which it doesn't indeed; for me it offers just enough coverage to even out my ruddy cheeks while still showing my freckles through. #Porcelain is pale enough (it is lighter than NW15 for sure) but unfortunately a tad too pink for my skin; I would prefer it to be more neutral-toned.
The texture is great for my dry skin! This is the most moisturizing tinted moisturizer out of all the others I've been trying, including LM tinted moisturizer and BB TM. Please note that I always have to wear my regular moisturizer underneath any foundation/tm and I still have to wearing this particular foundation/tm but whereas other tinted moisturizers did leave my skin kind of dry after a full day of wearing Becca LSC didn't so. The finish is dewy and radiant but not shimmery. I didn't experience any irritation.
Becca LSC comes in a pump bottle; one pump is all I need to cover my whole face. I apply with a damp sponge; it spreads out evenly and blends well.
Conclusion: this is the first tinted moisturizer/sheer foundation I like but I won't purchase because I do need slightly better coverage; the shade isn't right for my skin and because it's hard to get overhere. Also it's quite expensive; one bottle retails for $48. I have to mention though it's a large bottle, containing 50ml/1.7FL.OZ. *PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A mediocre tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation and you don't really need this. It gives no coverage and you don't even realise that you put something on your face for which you forked out a nice amount of money. Nothing special in the formulation either, loaded with petrolatum and mineral oils. I much prefer using Chantecaille's tinted moisturiser, great texture and makes my skin glow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a ok foundation/tinted moisturizer It's a bit on the sheer side so it won't completely cover all blemishes - you'll still need a separate concealer for that. My skin looks very natural initially, but as the day wears on it feels heavier and heavier, and it also gets visibly greasy. I would definitely NOT recommend this to people with oily skin. I have combo skin and I found it too greasy by midday. I probably will be unable to wear this during the summer months when it gets hot (hello, sweaty greaseface!) and when I do wear this, I do not wear a separate moisturizer underneath because it accelerates the onset of shininess.

Aside from the greasiness factor, I also have to deduct points for the high price tag, the strong smell (SPF?) and the flimsiness of the plastic packaging - it feels like it will crack if I travel with it.

I wore this in Camel and it's a great match. For reference, I also wear NC30 in MAC, Budapest in NARS Oil-Free, 1.2/2.0 light in Bare Escentuals, winged butter in Everyday Minerals, and Ochre 10 in Shiseido. continued >>