September 21, 2014 | 1861 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by TheSnowQueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product has been a godsend for me. I sweat heavily when I get nervous, to the point where I wore only black or white tops for years.
When I first tried this I broke out in a terrible rash and was so itchy I didn't think I would be able to use it. But after some experimenting I found the best way for me to use this is to apply to my fingertips then dab on very sparingly. I need very little and I only apply once or twice a week. A bottle will easily last me a year so very affordable.
I can now wear any colour of top I like with no worries!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty much a miracle-worker. I use this 2-3 nights a week, and then in the morning I just use that crystal rock deo, and I'm not stinky or sweaty! I'll reiterate what others have said though about application: only 2-3 swipes under each arm, or you will have the most itchy, burning pits you could ever imagine (even if you had spent some time imagining agonizingly painful armpits).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by dearest14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this because it has reduced my sweating a lot! BUT it does not start working immediately. It is wise to start using this 2-3 days before a big event if needed. AND you start sweating in other places when you use this product. It even says that on the pamphlet that comes in the box! It's a little bit of a double whammy, but fortunately other parts of your body will never sweat as much as your underarms. Overall, it's a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by bonitasonia

I can't believe how many cute tops were ruined before I found this HG product!! I used to sweat before major presetations at work and with this crazy weather of hot humidity...but..NO MORE!! I use this at night with just one quick layer and all is good. I did notice that if I used too much then I would itch..so just one quick glade and tat's it. I don't need to put on deodorant in the morning but out of habit and to soft the skin I do. Love this...not more ruined shirts!! Do give this a try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by khristynn

I started using Certain Dri back when I was a freshman in high school (1997) because I always experienced major sweat stains... I'm happy to say that now, more than 15 years later, I barely IF EVER sweat under my armpits, all thanks to Certain Dri!! I don't use it anymore by the way, I think I used Certain Dri until mid-college (so let's say 6 years total) and realized I was no longer sweating under my arms and didn't need to use it. And as an adult who works with a myriad of people on a daily basis, with high stress levels, it's remarkable to say I no longer sweat under the arms! I do still sweat everywhere else, but I no longer worry about stains on my shirts or that embarrassing feeling like you can't raise your arms in public. If you're thinking of trying this product out, or have mixed feelings about it, don't give up! It may take a long time to get the desired effect but it totally worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by EliseMc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always sweat a lot under my arms, even in situations where there is no apparent reason (i.e. sitting in class). I used to conceal that by wearing shirts with print or darker shirts...but when I recently got a job as a waitress and received a uniform, that wasn't an option. I knew I would be running around, stressing, and would need to raise my arms quite often, so I began to research ways to stop my excessive sweating...and came across Certain Dri. It's packaging is nondescript, but the product is AMAZING. Seriously. I was skeptical, but decided to try it for $5 (more than I would generally spend on deodorant, but worth it!). After applying it (following the label directions) for two nights, I went to my first day of work, unsure if it would stand up to the level of activity. After two hours of running around and being very stressed, I went to the bathroom to see if it was working....AND IT WAS. No sweat whatsoever!! I have been using this product for about 3 months now, and it still works just as well. It has changed my life! Go buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by amoslucy123

At first I had doubts about this product because it did not work for me, even during the winter and I followed the direction exactly as it stated in the box. But after reading a few reviews i tried to keep my arms closed rather than keeping them open to dry out. keeping them closed until i fell asleep and following all the other directions has proved to me that this product really does work. Although, i have found that i'm sweating more on my back and forehead, i don't really care because now i don't sweat under my arms :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had fallen into the hype of “prescription strength” deods, but wasn’t satisfied with them – particularly the price. Are they not almost the same at triple the price?

Anyway, one day I looked here for new products to try and found this one. I think I picked up mine at Walmart (probably the same day, I was so excited to try it).

So, following the directions, I use this at night before bed. And the next day I’m as dry as can be! It’s super! I do not have any issues with burning or itchiness, thankfully.

I will say the 72 hour claim is a little ambitious – I don’t believe that one. But I use it almost every other night and I really notice a difference! Oh and did I mention this was only FIVE BUCKS! Yay!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by SophiaNyree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a 16 year old girl and I started having these sweat stains under my arms around 2 years ago. Its gross and horrible. I'll hide the stains by wearing a sweater to school EVERYDAY and wearing tank tops or baggy shirts in the summer. Even in the winter I'll sweat. I felt gross with these water pools under my arms. I got tired of not being able to wear colorful shirts and wearing jackets in any type of weather. So I started researching methods and antiperspirants around May; I came across Certain Dry and I saw wonderful reviews. I went out and purchased it. I applied it that night then the next day I went to school and I unfortunately found stains under my arms. Luckily I brought a sweater on that HOT May day. I followed all the instructions and it didn't work. It's now July and I still apply Certain Dry to no luck I get pit stains in the morning. Today I found out about Hypercare / Drysol and it's a bit more expensive but I will go out and buy it. Hopefully it works (:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is interesting because this does nothing for me or my daughter who suffers from high perspiration.
When we looked at the active ingredient in the back is not as high as other products-sorry cannot recollect the %.
However, the Almay deodorant and Dove both have high % of aluminum chlorhydrate. I believe that Almay is 20% and I am currently using Dove and it is 22%. they both did what certain dry did not.