April 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by heysara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For the price I think this is an alright product. I use it mostly for keeping eyebrows in place, using it as mascara made my eyelashes dry out quite a bit and the brush is really rough on lashes. I will keep using this until it's used up but I don't think I will buy this again - only because I want to use great products not products that are just alright.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For $1, this is great. The packaging is nice and the product is adequate for its use. With that said, I use this both for mascara and brows. I find its a bit too sticky for my liking for my brows, even when dried a bit. However, comparing it to say, $25++ for the Anastasia clear brow gel, this ELF version is a good cheap substitute. The mascara thing is good too, to prime lashes. I do use higher-end products but this is great for having a spare or going to travel, or the gym if you want to save your more expensive products. Definitely recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this for my gym makeup kit. I didn't necessarily need to dual-sided feature of this mascara since my main use is to slick my eyebrows into shape, but it's still a nice thought. I think this packaging looks really chic, especially given the low price point. My one qualm with the packaging is that the gel is so thick and the container for the gel is so small that the first time I pulled the wand out, a large amount of the gel also came out separate from the wand, which was wasteful. The spooly on the wand is very stiff and short, but that works very well for my eyebrows.

The gel itself was very wet and took longer to dry than the stuff I keep at home and use every morning. However, once dry, it did the job with no bits peeling off or anything throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a cheap product, but does really well on taming my newly tinted brows. I was going to get the Maybelline Great Lash in Clear, but decided to try this and am glad I did! And it was only $1, compared to $6 for the Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by sofiaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just wanted a brow gel because it was reccomended for my brow pencil. This was really cheap, and it works pretty well for my first brow gel. (-: Clean brows are key to a fresh clean looking face, and I will definatley be repurchasing. Oh, and it blends my brow makeup and gives it a natural look. I reccomend it. (-;

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like so many other reviews I use this product to set my eyebrows as opposed to using it as a mascara. I really like the way it sets my brows holding them firmly in place for hours and hours. For me it was long lasting holding them in place for 10+ hours. It comes in a double ended tube with two application wands. One end is for the mascara use and the other for the brow use. I will use both ends for the my brows as I don't use clear mascars on my lashes. This was dirt cheap, $1.00 for the tube. I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Danisetna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is so amazing. I use it everyday to keep my brows looking flawless for over 6 hours

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by missy44

I use clear mascara on my eyebrows instead of using an eyebrow brush to keep my eyebrows in place. I prefer the clear mascara by Maybelline. This mascara did not last very long at all. I can spend just a few more dollars and it last MUCH longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Emspirations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This E.L.F. product is a staple in my make up bag. I pay only $1 USD for this product which is an excellent value for what you get. In fact I usually buy several at a time to last me since it is often sold out at Target.

I primarily use this as a brow gel. I find no real difference between the brow and lash formula. I actually use the brow side to set my brows after I apply my brow powder and the lash end of the tube to groom my brows on the days where I don't color in my brows and go for a more natural look (or when I am in a rush). This way one side is always clear while the other side gets discolored from the brow powder.

I do not know how this performs as a mascara but it does groom my brows and keeps them in place. It works as well as the Anastasia clear brow gel which is about $22 USD.

Compared to the Anastasia clear brow gel (a product that I do really like) the E.L.F. takes a little longer to set (dry time is longer) and has a little less hold, but for the price I do not mind, considering I can get 22 of these for the price of 1 Anastasia.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by jacquie649

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this to keep my brows in place throughout the day and it surprisingly works really well for it only being a dollar. My only complaint is that it sometimes leaves behind little flakes, but I just brush them off. I highly recommend this as a brow gel.. especially if you're on a budget!