November 21, 2014 | 1066 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by seiran

I LOVE this product for my lips! It is only really noticeable by someone like me who have had the dryest, most chapped lips for the last 17 years! It literally bleeds in the winters and constantly peels for the rest of the year. There's not been a time when my lips had permanent "skin". I've tried everything from $0.50 to $60 (Kanebo Sensai lip treatment). Nothing compares even close to this Lanolin cream which is only $12 and will last me 6 months at least! Of course, like the rest of the users I do wish it came in a lipgloss tube format so it's easy to put on and carry around. I love that when I put it on, even after licking it several times, it stays on for at least 4 hours while others last 2 mins on my lips. At night it's best right after polishing my lips or a shower to put it on so the moisture is locked in. I wake up with much smoother lips and now I can finally wear lipstick because I don't have skin pieces all over ripping off! However, I don't like the look of it on top of my lipstick, I prefer a more matte look and it does slide off easier as a top coat. I'm looking forward to winter now that I don't have to deal with bleeding lips!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this when I was nursing and it worked wonderfully for that purpose but I was stuck with half a tube. I tried this on my lips one night and wad blown away how supple my lips were. I am highly reliant on lip balms since my lips dry out a lot. This soothes and protects. Even better that I can apply some of my lipsticks on top with no problems. As a cuticle balm this was decent. It can be a bit thick and greasy so I applied it to my feet and placed socks over it to sink in. My feet looked so much better hours later. I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by blueeyescppw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have discovered so many great products on MakeupAlley but this one might be the most miraculous. I have had dry, peely lips for my entire life...until now. I can't believe how amazing this stuff is. I just can't believe it. My lips are smooth, plump, not peeling off in pieces. This stuff stays on all night or all day. It's just amazing. Has made an amazing difference for my formerly horrible cuticles, too.

I haven't had any problem with it being difficult to get out of the tube, but it's warm where I live. Also, I got one of those little plastic pots that people use to send samples of pigments or mineral makeup and filled it up with the Lansinoh so I can carry it with me and not be pulling out a tube of nipple cream when I want some lipbalm.

A tip that another reviewer posted was helpful to me so I'm posting it as well - find this in the aisle of the store (Target for me) with breast pumps and bags for storing milk...it's not with the other baby stuff like diaper creams and stuff. I never would have found it without this tip and would have been embarrassed to ask.

Seriously, go buy this. Now.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by sufferingfromvertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG. Woah. Used this as an overnight lip treatment and woke up to luscious, plump, moisturized lips. My lips chap and peel constantly, and get horrific in the winter. They get so bad that they bleed in the corners, and now that I've found this treatment, I'm not at all dreading winter! I don't super love buying something that is "nipple cream" but I'll put up with the odd glances from the cashier for results like these. Even my boyfriend noticed a difference, and that says a lot! TRY THIS.
EDIT: also, I found this in my local Walgreens, which is awesome because the closest Target to my school is half an hour away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by caramelkiss19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used this over a month and can officially say I don't think I can live without this. It is my go to for my lips, I put it on in the morning and rarely do I need to apply lip moisturizer again throughout the day. I need to get another tube to keep in my purse in case I want to reach for this at work or when I'm on the run. Aside from using as a lip balm I also apply this to my eyebrows to 'set' them in place, I also get dry patches in and around my brows and this helps that. I love the simple pretty packaging and that it does not irritate, it heals and soothes! I found this thanks to skincareboarder Barbih's notepad, thanks so much :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by meliatx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It lasts forever. And it really does heal my dry cuticles. I keep it in my purse.Even with the texas heat, it stays in the container. (unlike my Rose cream metal container which likes to melt and leak)
Who would have thought that I would be using this years after I quit breast feeding. But if it healed what ailed me then...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2012 5:59:00 AM More reviews by JenLovesPolish

I have not used Lansinoh for the reason it is intended as I do not have any children yet. I did read about this on the Nail Board as a cuticle cream and decided to give it a try for that. First off, let me say I had a hard time finding it. I looked by had creams, baby bath and body product etc... I finally found it at Target on an aisle with breast pumps, not over by baby lotions and ointments. Hope that saves somebody a little time. It's $11, which I think is a little expensive for a 1.3 oz tube. I kind of wish it didn't say all over it that it's for sore nipples hahaha; kind of embarrassing at checkout and whipping out of my purse when I'm out and about. The texture of it is very thick and sticky, extremely similar to vasaline but less oily. I found it takes a long time to sink into my skin. The best advice I have is to put it on after you wash your hands and then put on a very small amount. This way seems to helps it absorb quicker, maybe because the moisture helps it go on thinner? I'm not sure but it also seals in the moisture that way so it's more effective. I love the fact it smells like nothing at all! I was worried it might smell like a barnyard. I've been using it for a month now and my cuticles look amazing! They no longer look dry and I'm getting less hangnails. The bad news is after hearing talk about using it as a lipbalm I've been trying it on my lips. The first time I put it on my lips they went from being fine (not dry at all) to peeling. I thought it was odd but wasn't sure if it was from the Lansinoh. I continued using through a week and they just got drier and peeling off in sheets. I stopped using and went back to my chapstick and it got better after a couple days. Last week I decided to get it a try again and my lips are horrible! Even after exfoliating them in the shower, right after I put the Lansinoh on my lips start peeling up really bad again. I'd give this such a bad rating but my hands really like it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Superia84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I breastfed my son for three years and this product saved my nipples in the beginning, when I was first getting the hang of things. This product really soothed them and I doubt I would have successfully breastfed or enjoyed it as much as I did without this product during the off times that my little guy wasn't nursing.(He's almost four now and still struggling with the fact that things aren't like they used to be.) I don't have any need for it anymore as I can't have anymore children due to health reasons **blinking back tears** but I would certainly recommend it to any breastfeeding mother struggling with chapped/cracking/bleeding nipples.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by JennaGarner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great for what its actually intended for :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by scarymonster742

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lansinoh is fabulous! For lips, heels, cuticles, its just wonderful. It's only downfall is the greasy/stickiness that stays around a little while and that it stains fabric. But it makes skin look and feel fantastic!