July 22, 2014 | 1166 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2012 5:59:00 AM More reviews by JenLovesPolish

I have not used Lansinoh for the reason it is intended as I do not have any children yet. I did read about this on the Nail Board as a cuticle cream and decided to give it a try for that. First off, let me say I had a hard time finding it. I looked by had creams, baby bath and body product etc... I finally found it at Target on an aisle with breast pumps, not over by baby lotions and ointments. Hope that saves somebody a little time. It's $11, which I think is a little expensive for a 1.3 oz tube. I kind of wish it didn't say all over it that it's for sore nipples hahaha; kind of embarrassing at checkout and whipping out of my purse when I'm out and about. The texture of it is very thick and sticky, extremely similar to vasaline but less oily. I found it takes a long time to sink into my skin. The best advice I have is to put it on after you wash your hands and then put on a very small amount. This way seems to helps it absorb quicker, maybe because the moisture helps it go on thinner? I'm not sure but it also seals in the moisture that way so it's more effective. I love the fact it smells like nothing at all! I was worried it might smell like a barnyard. I've been using it for a month now and my cuticles look amazing! They no longer look dry and I'm getting less hangnails. The bad news is after hearing talk about using it as a lipbalm I've been trying it on my lips. The first time I put it on my lips they went from being fine (not dry at all) to peeling. I thought it was odd but wasn't sure if it was from the Lansinoh. I continued using through a week and they just got drier and peeling off in sheets. I stopped using and went back to my chapstick and it got better after a couple days. Last week I decided to get it a try again and my lips are horrible! Even after exfoliating them in the shower, right after I put the Lansinoh on my lips start peeling up really bad again. I'd give this such a bad rating but my hands really like it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Superia84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I breastfed my son for three years and this product saved my nipples in the beginning, when I was first getting the hang of things. This product really soothed them and I doubt I would have successfully breastfed or enjoyed it as much as I did without this product during the off times that my little guy wasn't nursing.(He's almost four now and still struggling with the fact that things aren't like they used to be.) I don't have any need for it anymore as I can't have anymore children due to health reasons **blinking back tears** but I would certainly recommend it to any breastfeeding mother struggling with chapped/cracking/bleeding nipples.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by JennaGarner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great for what its actually intended for :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by scarymonster742

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lansinoh is fabulous! For lips, heels, cuticles, its just wonderful. It's only downfall is the greasy/stickiness that stays around a little while and that it stains fabric. But it makes skin look and feel fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit- this is the best moisturizer for my extremely dry skin! nothing else works half as good and this does NOT clog my pores or break me outnat ALL unlike the majority of high end skincare that i have tried. i use a facial mist n serum under it and rosewater on top of it- i wake up to the best skin ever! v moisturized and soft no breakouts.

---
Everybody who reviewed this prior to me: thank you. This makes the best lip balm ever. For cuteness and convenient size, i prefer victoria's secret beauty rush balm over this for everyday, but this as an overnight balm. Also my HG hand treatment as my hands are very very dry and this is the only thing that works. Aquaphor doesn't moisturize as well, neither do regular creams/lotions that i have tried. Also good for feet. Also healed a papercut. I found this at Walmart in the baby section. Healed my bleeding lips in a few hours. Btw lanolin retains about 200% of its weight in water! Maybe that's why a thick, 1 ingredient product, moisturizes my hands better than all the pricey creams and lotions that i've tried (not to mention aquaphor and eucerin).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by couturedujour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally jumped on the bandwagon and purchased this as a cuticle treatment. I put it on overnight and it worked like a charm. Miraculous, really. I got the same results overnight that I would get with religious cuticle cream application for a week!

But.. the real bonus with this product is that it is an AMAZING, and I mean HG lipbalm. I put it on overnight and I woke up with the softest, most plump lips I can ever remember. I didn't realize how dry my lips were before using this. They were plump from hydration! Amazingly, this stuff stays on overnight! You can put a little on in the morning, too, and it will last all day. A really impressive alternative use for a product I otherwise never would have purchased, thanks to another recommendation from MUA!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by lauren5millar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so dissapointed in this, i had read all the amazing reviews and couldn't wait to buy this to use as a lipbalm. I am so confused and do not know what has happened but i used this on my lips for 2 nights before i went to sleep and have woken up witk swollen, cracked, red, burnt lips. terrible. i must be allergic to one of the ingredients thats all i can think of. very dissapointed as it seemed to be some sort of miracle for everyone else. back to searching for my number one lip balm :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by orderlyfashion

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

EDIT: I initially gave this a ho-hum review as a cuticle moisturizer, preferring Qtica Intense Cuticle Repair instead. I'm upping my review from 3 to 4 lippies because I gave it a second shot, and really like it!

Pros: Cheap, readily available at drugstores, no scent, no crazy skin reactions (not that I expected to have any), one tube will go a long way, moisturizes like crazy and really smoothes out my rough cutes and hangnails.

Cons: SUPER greasy, SUPER thick texture. I think initially I was over-applying it. The trick is to use a TINY amount. Now I use even less than a pea sized glob to treat both hands combined, and that's enough. It thins out with just a little bit of body heat. And I only use it before bed at night so as not to smudge up everything in sight.

I still really like the Qtica but seeing as Lanisoh is MUCH cheaper and easier to obtain, I think I will stick with this in the long term.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by hanoonah19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG alert!! Dump the Vaseline, Carmex, Chapstick, Nivea, Soft Lips or whatever lip product you are using. This stuff works almost immediately!

My lips were so dry and chapped and peeling that it hurt to move them. I tried all the products above including Vitamin E, olive oil, castor oil, Neosporin and nothing has moisturized and healed my lips like this stuff. Within a couple hours of use my lips felt relief.

I have to be honest it really wierds me out to be putting "nipple cream" on my lips and I have to not think about it each time I slather it on. LOL. But hey it works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Cne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Decent product, I use this at night on my cuticles and my lips. It has made my cuticles less prone to peeling (I tend to pick at them) and my lips don't need as much balm applied to them during the day. It isn't a miracle product but works well for the price. However it is quite greasy/thick so if you have nice sheets you might not want to use it right before bed since I suspect it might stain.