September 20, 2014 | 1694 users online

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

FINALLY!!!!!!!!

I found my HG conditioner!!!!!!!!

I used to have the most beautiful waist-length golden blonde hair. Unfortunately, because of stress, it started changing texture (from thick and smooth into brittle frizzy cotton candy texture) and breaking off in chunks. I was eventually forced to chop it off at chin length, but even then it continued to break off. I've spend the last few years trying to get it to stop breaking so it can start growing my hair back.

I've tried everything. EVERYTHING: drugstore, high end salon brands, natural stuff, essential oils, even a horrible green mask that left my hair smelling like garlic for over a week. Biolage, k-pak, purology nanoworks, tigi, redkin, etc etc etc. None of them did much of anything. I used ShiKai for a while, which finally gave me very positive effects and made my hair stop breaking and I've been able to grow it to just past shoulder length so far, but after a while my hair started feeling dry and brittle again.

I've recently found that my hair likes silicone free products so I decided to try Trader Joe's Nourish conditioner after reading all the positive reviews. WOW!!!!!! I can't believe how soft and touchable my hair is! The ends don't look parched! It doesn't break off at the slightest tug!!! I was tempted to review it after the first time using it, but I like to wait a few weeks before I review anything. Several weeks later, this is still as wonderful as it was the first time I used it.

I use it in conjunction with the matching shampoo, which is also wonderful (and free of harsh detergents btw). It's white coloured, thick and creamy without being heavy. It smells like heaven! I don't usually care for fruity scents, but this is so light and pleasant and refreshing. It's rather melon-scented with a touch of green and an aquatic finish (i know that sounds a little weird, but i could seriously sit around and just smell this stuff).

It provides a wonderful slip, especially considering it's silicone free. It has plenty of wonderful natural ingredients and leaves my hair looking and feeling moisturized, soft, bouncy, and shiny. my SO can't stop touching it and neither can I. I haven't had touchable soft shiny hair for years.

I have a lot of hair so it feels thick, but actually the strands themselves are medium-fine and I'm amazed at how this conditioner doesn't weigh my hair down in the least.

I only wish TJ's made a deep conditioning treatment for this line, and maybe a leave in spray as well.

I use a touch of coconut oil on the ends if I need an extra touch of moisture (also a miracle product). I will continue to use this and update if there are any changes.

plus, it's only $3 a bottle!!!!!!! Definitely a refreshing change from the $50 a bottle for nanoworks.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by liznewark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This conditioner is wonderful! It's inexpensive, moisturizes my dry, kinky-curly hair! I washed my hair and used this conditioner, because I didn't have time to deep condition. My hair was super soft and moisturized!! Definitely an HG conditioner and it has nothing but good for your hair ingredients!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 2:03:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG co-wash conditioner!!!! I love how it cleanses my BSL curly hair and adds moisture. Only drawback... it doesn't work for me as a leave-in too, unlike Elucence MBC does. Price is grrrrreat at $2.50!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by physixchick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the conditioner is better than the shampoo (which I also rated). The conditioner is very lightly scented- almost no scent at all- very light and clean. The conditioner is pretty thick without a ton of chemicals in it, and doesn't feel greasy or runny. When I first tried it I figured it wouldn't do much conditioning, but I was wrong. It rinses clean and lets you be able to run your fingers through your hair. Makes my hair soft without that oily feeling that some conditioners leave. It's not a miracle worker- so if you have very dry or damaged hair, this wouldn't be enough for you. But it's great for normal or slightly dry hair that needs "regular" conditioning. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

This is a very good basic conditioner for my wavy (2b), thick, dry Asian hair. Pros: creamy, no silicones (but does have parabens, FYI), provides enough slip, rinses very clean, smells great. Cons: Not super moisturizing - it won't be a deep treatment by any means. I consider this a pretty close dupe of Giovanni's 50/50 Remoisturizer conditioner but is way cheaper, and you get more product for the price. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 7:11:00 AM More reviews by PSL46

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my hair is thick and dry. this product works well in moisturizing hair. please be warned: if you are looking for something to weigh hair down, add lots of fake shine or 'cones, etc. this doesn't have it. you will have to get that from styling products. this shampoo/conditioner pair is a basic pair to clean hair and moisturize w/out all the extra stuff. my hair has a natural shine to it when i use this, vs. fake. it's great for moisturizing as necessary and for volume.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 11:07:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately, this conditioner doesn't work too well on my hair (I have dry-ish, curly, abundant hair). It seems to weigh my hair down, leaving it slick and limp.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by helenesq

This has a nice mild conditioner scent and love the fact that it is an organic product, but it weighs my fine hair down everytime.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by JenniferDeann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo and conditioner left my already fine, dry hair a dry, tangled mess. I had a heck of a time combing my hair out afterwards. I gave one lippie for the great price. Update 4/22/08: I tried this conditioner only with another shampoo today and I got much better results. So I might repurchase if it keeps working.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have dry relaxed hair. Didn't expect much from the shampoo or the conditioner but they are both pretty ok for my hair and they don't make my scalp itch, flake and leave my hair super soft. Both of them seem to last longer than regular beauty store brands too. Even better they don't leave any build up at all. The conditioner has a weird feel on my hair though, kind of like i'm using baby oil which I don;t like, but if you're looking for a cheap shampoo and wash often i'd go for it. I wouldn't use it in the long run though. It could never replace my Olive Oil brand conditioner.