April 20, 2014 | 1685 users online

Conditioner - Trader Joe's - Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by physixchick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the conditioner is better than the shampoo (which I also rated). The conditioner is very lightly scented- almost no scent at all- very light and clean. The conditioner is pretty thick without a ton of chemicals in it, and doesn't feel greasy or runny. When I first tried it I figured it wouldn't do much conditioning, but I was wrong. It rinses clean and lets you be able to run your fingers through your hair. Makes my hair soft without that oily feeling that some conditioners leave. It's not a miracle worker- so if you have very dry or damaged hair, this wouldn't be enough for you. But it's great for normal or slightly dry hair that needs "regular" conditioning. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Kandinsky

This is a very good basic conditioner for my wavy (2b), thick, dry Asian hair. Pros: creamy, no silicones (but does have parabens, FYI), provides enough slip, rinses very clean, smells great. Cons: Not super moisturizing - it won't be a deep treatment by any means. I consider this a pretty close dupe of Giovanni's 50/50 Remoisturizer conditioner but is way cheaper, and you get more product for the price. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 7:11:00 AM More reviews by PSL46

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my hair is thick and dry. this product works well in moisturizing hair. please be warned: if you are looking for something to weigh hair down, add lots of fake shine or 'cones, etc. this doesn't have it. you will have to get that from styling products. this shampoo/conditioner pair is a basic pair to clean hair and moisturize w/out all the extra stuff. my hair has a natural shine to it when i use this, vs. fake. it's great for moisturizing as necessary and for volume.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 11:07:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately, this conditioner doesn't work too well on my hair (I have dry-ish, curly, abundant hair). It seems to weigh my hair down, leaving it slick and limp.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by helenesq

This has a nice mild conditioner scent and love the fact that it is an organic product, but it weighs my fine hair down everytime.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by JenniferDeann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo and conditioner left my already fine, dry hair a dry, tangled mess. I had a heck of a time combing my hair out afterwards. I gave one lippie for the great price. Update 4/22/08: I tried this conditioner only with another shampoo today and I got much better results. So I might repurchase if it keeps working.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 10:48:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have dry relaxed hair. Didn't expect much from the shampoo or the conditioner but they are both pretty ok for my hair and they don't make my scalp itch, flake and leave my hair super soft. Both of them seem to last longer than regular beauty store brands too. Even better they don't leave any build up at all. The conditioner has a weird feel on my hair though, kind of like i'm using baby oil which I don;t like, but if you're looking for a cheap shampoo and wash often i'd go for it. I wouldn't use it in the long run though. It could never replace my Olive Oil brand conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by kayemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this out I actually ran home and washed my hair immediately after buying this and I guess I'm just one of the few this didn't work out for. :( I'm really sad. For a huge bottle for $2.49 I wanted to love this but unfortunately it left my very dry hair even more dry.

A background on my hair-- I have extremely long blonde color-treated hair with extensions. My natural hair is extremely fine and lacks volume while my extensions seem to lately feeling more dry and damaged so I was looking for something that would be gentle and moisturizing but not weigh down my hair. My usual shower conditioning consists of Suave's Professionals Volumizing Conditioner all over followed by Pureology's HydraCure Moisturizing Masque on only my ends. After I get out of the shower I lightly put Sebastian's Potion 9 through my hair (yes my hair needs a lot of conditioner!).

Maybe I was looking for a miracle here but this stuff did nothing for me and since I have used it I have had to constantly brush my hair (like every 15 minutes) to avoid big knots. It's like my hair turned to straw. :( I even took the suggestion and purchased the Desert Essence Jojoba Oil and slathered this all over where I normally use the Pureology Moisturizing Masque. I left the conditioner and Jojoba Oil on for about 3-4 minutes before rinsing and did a cold rinse before I got out of the shower.

The only thing that could be contributing is that I did use a clarifying shampoo for the first time today (Aveda's Hair Detoxifier). I wash my hair only a couple times of week and I had noticed what seemed to be a general buildup that NEEDED to be cleaned (I use a lot of products with 'cones so my hair was just being weighed down and not getting clean with normal washes). It is very possible that it completely dried out my hair but with all the rave reviews on this conditioner I guess I was expecting just a little moisture. :( I'll give it another shot and update if my results differ.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by maryamaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! I had no idea that this conditioner would be so amazing. I picked this up on a whim while I was grocery shopping. I use and love the matching shampoo, so I figured I'd give it a go. I expected it to be runny, but it's actually pretty thick (not quite as thick as Biolage conditioning balm, but close). I left it on damp hair for about five minutes and rinsed with cool water. My hair feels like I used -cones on it, but the ingredient list is dominated by organic ingredients and not a cone to be found! It does, however, have parabens, which doesn't bother me much. My previously knotty/dry hair is now sleek and soft and I'm pretty sure that I've found my HG conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by kocicka05

All natural product..great conditioner. It made my hair feel bouncy and shiny. You know the perfect hair feeling. 90% of conditioners weigh my hair down or make it limpy..this one gave it a nice, full feeling. and it is only 2.50$!!!!