October 21, 2014 | 2044 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by mckayla026

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am at a loss with the rave reviews for this too. Prior to this one I used the makeup wedges from Walmart which I was pretty happy with. I read the review for this and HAD to get one. It was big, awkward, and didn't do any better job than my wedges from Walmart...and I felt like I was wasting so much product. I then got a foundation brush, I will never go back to sponges. Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a good brush and not this sponge!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG... I just used the beauty blender for the first time and I can't believe I waited so long to get one. It really does make you look airbrushed and flawless.

I usually use a stippling brush and a generic makeup wedge to apply my foundation. The stippling brush always leaves small streaks on my face so I use the wedge to buff out the streaks. I also use the wedge to blend the concealer under my eyes. For a special event, it takes me 15 minutes to make sure my face looks flawless. But when I used the beauty blender it only took me 5 minutes! 5 minutes for a flawless face. I didn't even need to apply setting powder. I'm still in disbelief. And no, it doesn't soak up a ton of product.

The only thing I worry about is how long the blender will last. $20 is a lot of money for a sponge, even if it does work well. Hopefully it doesn't develop mold/mildew like I've heard from some friends. Yikes.

UPDATE: I just washed the beauty blender with baby shampoo and as soon as I rinsed it, I saw pink water going down the drain. I can't believe it fades that quickly. I guess you have to use the actual beauty blender cleanser to keep it from fading. But I still think the beauty blender should at least be $10. Way too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by luisawang1

I finally splurged and got the BB. I personally thought it was a bit pricey for a small sponge but it works so well!! Never have I had such a flawless foundation application. It literally makes my foundation look stippled on and glowing. I'm tossing my sigma brushes and just using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ShaShagirl87

I looooovvveee my beauty blender! omigosh...I have had it for about a month or so and let me tell you, it makes my makeup (foundation application) look flawless, I like using my real techniques expert face brush along with it too sometimes and... huuuuunnntttaaayy! lol #MustHave

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by SaraxD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I honestly don't know why people love and rave about this sponge so much. All it does is make my foundation look patchy and wet. I have not been able to make this work AT ALL for that purpose, though I do enjoy how it works with powder to set my makeup. It's not worth $20 at all IMO, not even $5. It's just a crappy little sponge, sorry! Haha

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

I was late to jump onto the bandwagon since I was stubborn and thought nothing could beat how flawless of a finish I was getting with my brush. It wasn't until I switched my foundation to a thicker creamy formula that I realized my brush was not sufficient for the job. It actually ruined one of my brushes, unfortunately.

I didn't have high hopes considering how I am usually one of the few people who end up not enjoying the product that many people rave about. So it took me by surprise how flawless my foundation looked. I use less product and it doesn't absorb a lot of product either. I get way better coverage using than using a brush. You don't use as much time applying it because it's so efficient when using it. I started using this back in December last year and finally decided to replace it with a new one. It held its shape until now but it's kind of gross thinking I've been using it for six months already. I clean it everyday but bacteria tends to love sponges!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by SarahCosProf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just recently purchased this product. I do have to say that it was definitely worth the chunk of change. The only downfall of the beauty blender is that sometimes when I use it to blend my foundation, I feel like it soaks up the foundation and even wipes the makeup right off of my face. I use urban decay primer and loreal true match foundation, and they are both great products and I have been using them for years, so I know it is not the foundation. Overall, it does give a nice airbrushed, clean finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well I'll be damned...this lil sponge is the bee's knees. I avoided purchasing this for about two years for I just couldn't justify spending $20 on a sponge. After receiving some $ for graduation I decided to cave and buy it and I'm oh so glad I did. I have dry skin and after being disappointed with setting sprays claiming to give you a 'dewy' face I was hoping this would take away that 'cakey' quality that some foundations can give. This did all that and more; cuts your foundation application time in half and truly gives your face a very very natural, hydrated look. I have Real Techniques beauty sponge and I would not say it is a dupe for the BB at all. At the moment I'm using my HG Shiseido Radiant Lift foundation as well as Lancme's Teint Miracle foundation and it works wonders with both. Just get it wet, squeeze out the water and there ya go! So satisfied with this purchase and definitely recommend it to anyone on the fence about purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Helenaw14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great! I was hesitant to buy it at first because I did not think it would cover up my blemishes and the dryness on my skin. I got the target brand one and it was a total disappointment. But then I got this one, it works so well. Nothing compares to this! Love love love!💞

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Best tool ever!! If you want your makeup to be NATURAL, then this is for you. However as it is a sponge, it Is not as durable as a brush. Also you might need to use more product since it absorbs the foundation. It is very convenient but price wise, I feel it is a bit EXPENSIVE for its durability. But regardless of that, I will still repurchase it.