November 23, 2014 | 1566 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Waternymph [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2006 1:09:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a sucker for teals and greens so when I saw this I had to buy it. It's a very pretty shimmery teal, not as bright as Teal pigment but still vibrant. I used it in the outer half of the lid with a light gold shade on the inner half, but it can also be used with pale greens and would also make a great liner. It's not the most unique teal shade I've seen (it's very close to Clinique Peacock color surge) so I took a lipstick off for that. Still, it's a good buy if you're a teal/MAC addict or if you don't own similar colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2006 10:41:00 PM More reviews by hollilocks

I absolutely love this! Waternymph (along with Aquavert) is my first MAC e/s purchase. The color is very bold, but if you can pull it off, go for it! Tried this on at the MAC counter and the sales associate showed me how to wear it as a liner using a sharply angled brush (new technique for me). I think I almost like it even more that way. Definitely a fun color to play around and experiment with. Yes, I'd most certainly repurchase, if it's available. Update, 6/9...decided I didn't want to be without this so I returned to my MAC counter and picked up another one. It's that pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by jordanhater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this color...especially with Aquavert and Delphic liner as a base. This reminds me a little of Parrot, only more green. The texture is very smooth making this easy to blend. This especially looks like Parrot, IMO, when you put Delphic Fluidline on as a base (a little trick the MAC artist showed me). So, if you're not afraid of color, this is a definite must have!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2006 11:40:00 PM More reviews by amby069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a gorgeous color. I don't have tease n teal but I have Steamy and De Menthe and I would say waternymph is a crossing between the 2. I think it closer resembles Steamy (actually the color is pretty close, but WN is a tinge greener). The only Big difference for me was that Steamy (and de menthe) are both frosts and have that HIGH SHINE frost look (almost like a foil to me) whereas WN (which is a frost as well) goes on more like a VP and has that super soft irridecent shimmer, almost wet looking. I prefer WN to Steamy or De Menthe so I'm glad i own it, but if you own any of the ones I mentioned (or Tease n teal apparently) you might want to try it to make sure it is worth it. It IS the e/s form of Delphic fluidline too (although I like to put Delphic all over the lid and them put WN over it for a more intense color).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2006 5:39:00 PM More reviews by laa_cat

This is a gorgeous color, very well pigmented, and have a smooth texture. However, there are way too many close matches out there. I have heard Steamy and Shimmermoss, and personally i compared Tease 'n' Teal from 2005 Holiday Trend and Teal Pigment side by side, I seriously can't tell a difference at all. And also, MAC Delphic fluidline is exactly the same color as Waternymph when it's used as a cream shadow. I am quite indifferent to the packaging. I would say the blue metallic inside the box is pretty though.
    If you have teal pigment or Tease 'n' Teal or if you want Delphic fluidline, and you don't crave for LE, you *absolutely* don't need this.
    I like the color but I probably won't repurchase this since there are so many options out there.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2006 1:22:00 AM More reviews by kurikumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a beautiful teal color with shimmer. I love how the casing matches the color of this eyeshadow :P anyway, it applies well, great pigment, and it a very smooth pressed e/s. will definitely repurchase, if I can find it when I run out =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 5:58:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Would I buy it again? Hehehe, I already did! Maybe it's because I'm still kicking myself for not getting Parrot when it was around but then again it's hard not to buy yet another teal e/s when it happens to be a weakness of mine. ITA with the post below that this is like a lighter version of Teal pigment. Has the same "wow, gorgeous" factor but a bit less bright (not to say it's muted, just less intense) and seeing as Teal is such a favorite I don't mind having a backup or two. I absolutely love this with Golden Olive pigment. Such a nice combo that just works so well for my blue eyes.
    I wear Golden Olive wet smudged out all around my eyes and add this to the outter corners so the colours fade/blend into each other. Add black liner, mascara and soooo pretty!
    It really *should* get the Parrot monkey off my back... it's truly a more flattering colour for my skintone thought it's still hard not to thing about the 'one that got away'.
    If you love teals, this is a must!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2006 9:34:00 AM More reviews by tattooednglossy

Ok, this is gorgeous. I've heard it's a lookalike to several things but that didn't stop me from buying it. I haven't compared it side by side to anything else of MACs since I just got it. But I wore this today in the outer v with Aquavert on the lid and Teal pigment in the crease (and also vanilla pigment on the browbone and gold dusk just below THAT). I would call this a subdued version of teal pigment. it applies so smooth that i'm starting to think they mixed up the formulas and that this is actually a VP and aquavert is a frost. this shade applies just like a VP and looks like it in the pot too...tons and tons of gorgeous shimmer. i would guess if you have teal pigment, or tease n teal you could pass on this, but honestly i like having one i can throw in my palette which i can't do with tease n teal. anyway, its gorgeous, maybe not super unique but that doesn't mean it isnt beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by hicupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my newest addition to my MAC collection, and I'm in love!! It's described as a teal with emerald pearl, and for once, it's actually described well! It's really bright, so maybe when I put it on myself, it will be toned down some (you know when you get demos at the store, they use such a heavy hand...). At this point, I really can't put my finger on what I love so much about this shadow, but the color is really different than anything I've had before.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2006 12:40:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

I didn't actually buy this product but I tested in the store. Gorgeous!!! Shimmery and highly pigmented. I imagine this would look so amazingly beautiful with a tan. I already have a ton of shades that look like this one but hey, why not buy one more?