October 24, 2014 | 1745 users online

Treatments - Creative Nail Design - Cuticle Eraser

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by junecats24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have terrible cuticles - dry, tear all the time, hang nail city! Since I began to use this product (2.5 weeks ago), my cuticles have never looked better! They are moisturized, smooth, and no more hang nails. I have one of each size - the small tube I carry in my hand bag so I can use it when I'm at work or away from home. The larger tube I carry around the house. I find I have been applying 3-4 times a day. That may seem a bit excessive, but my hands are in and out of water all day, so this works for me.

The best pricing I have seen is on 8ty8beauty and had2toe beauty (both etailers).

I am taking off 1 lippie for the scent. It smells citrusy, but there is a chemical undertone to it, which isn't terribly pleasant. That alone would not keep me from a repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

I have mixed feelings on this. It does wonders for overgrown cuticles, but I had to limit using it as it was drying out the whole cuticle area. I think I will alternate this with the cuticle rejuvenator and see if that is a good system

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 5:47:00 AM More reviews by lueta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

wow, imagine - in the age of decieving marketing we praise the product for actually doing what it says on the package! so I'm giving it 5 lippies for erasing the cuticules. It does its job gently and properly. Will buy again and again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2007 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Gothicfaerie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was recommended on the Nail Board. I had tried lots of cuticle creams and butters and was using Solar Oil several times a day. My cuticles were still lifting and flapping and often torn in the middle which looked awful. I have been using this faithfully for about two weeks and I now have the "invisible" cuticles I longed for. I can't say enough good things about this product. I like the way it looks on my cuticles when I've just applied it as it sinks in well. I like the fresh orange smell and I love the fact that of all the products I've tried on my cuticles, this one actually does what it is supposed to.

I paid a lot for this £8 inc postage but have since stocked up from 8ty8beauty for much less.

If you have bad cuticles buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by kitta7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! this suff is so gentle & hyrdating feeling, but vanishes my cuticles in no time. amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2006 5:14:00 AM More reviews by faitaccompli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is fantastic! I have really awful, ragged cuticles despite using tons of Solar Oil and generally treating my hands like Fabergé eggs, but since using Cuticle Eraser they now feel like silk. I could see and feel the difference after just one application -- the raggedness and cuticle skin just melted away. I use this twice a day and my cuticles no longer snag on everything that comes into their orbit. Smells pleasant, nice hygenic tube and dirt cheap on 8ty8beauty.com. A dream come true.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2006 4:27:00 AM More reviews by mochabear

i actually like this product. when you use it w/ a cuticle pusher, your cuticles miraculously disappear. almost like a freak of nature or something. A+ in my book cuz honestly, i REALLY don't want to cut my own cuticles! too scary.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2006 2:15:00 AM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought my first tube of Creative Nail Design's Cuticle Eraser after it had been used on my nails at a salon. While the price was a bit much, it did an great job at moisturizing my nails and cuticles, and it actually did "erase" my cuticles. I was amazed! I thought I had found my HG nail treatment, even though I hated applying just about anything to my poor dry hands and fingers. I made the mistake of carrying my tube of this around in my purse for a few weeks in the hot Arizona sun. Sigh. The natural oils in the tube had separated from the moisturizing cream so that when the tube was squeezed, only oil came out at first. I thought that I had to replace the tube and picked up another when I finally saw it at Ulta.

The first thing I noticed was that the tube itself had changed. The white slender tube had morphed into a squatter white tube with a blue sticker on it that could now stand up on its own. That didn't phase me in the least. However, the Cuticle Eraser in this new tube didn't seem to be as moisturizing (though it was still oily) as my previous tube or anywhere near as "cuticle erasing!" As far as I know, the formula hasn't changed, so perhaps I bought a bum tube or it's just working more slowly for some reason. ETA: The tube has changed yet again. It still stands up by itself, but the label is more green blue and the logo is now CND, which is what Creative Nail Design changed their name to.

Because I can't say for sure that anything beside the packaging has changed, I'm giving this a solid three lippies - an averaging of the 2 lippies for the new tube and 4 lippies for the old tube. If the formula has changed, then I'm sticking with my "no" repurchase decision. But if my new tube was bad, I would absolutely buy this again and up my rating to 4 lippies!

If you don't mind the price and need to get rid of some cuticles, this is worth a try. If the Sally Hansen cuticle remover in the blue plastic bottle was just too a harsh for you, this is definitely more gentle and foolproof product.

Product description from the Ulta website: "Cuticle Eraser combines Alpha Hydroxy Acids with powerful moisturizers to create a treatment that gradually sloughs away rough skin to reveal tight, healthy tissue. Also helpful for the prevention of hangnails."