September 17, 2014 | 2002 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I feel very pampered when I use this product. The scent and texture is great. It takes a little longer to sink into the body. I don't really like the oily feel while I roll around in bed but I could get used to it. It IS pricey too. I'll only repurchase it when it foes on sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 10:16:00 AM More reviews by juaini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The smell was a bit strong for me at first but by the end of the tub it had really grown on me. It's pretty heavy and took a while to absorb, but I woke up in the morning with the softest feet ever :) It was the only product I've ever tried that prevented my heels from cracking. I'm going to try the olive "flavor" next, so yes, that counts as a repurchase don't it?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2007 8:38:00 PM More reviews by allamericancheerleader

I loved the smell and the texture but I agree with other comments it is a little thick for summer, they now made an almond milk spray lotion it smells the same but is lighter and perfect for summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2007 12:26:00 AM More reviews by GreedyGretchen77

this body butter isn't too greasy thankfully. i applied some on my arms before i went to work (full 8 hour shift) and by the time i got home, my arms were still soft and the scent was still intact. i wasn't very fond of the smell when i first purchased this, but it's grown on me and i love it now. overall, this is a quality product, but compared to other butters i've tried, the body shop's doesn't particularly stand out. however, i'm not aware of any other body butters that have an almond scent as good as this, so i would probably go out and buy some more when i run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Flummig

This has the same consistency as the other body butters, but it is a little bit more thicker, since it is for dry skin. I really liked the smell in the store and bought it. It is almost summer now, and I think it is a little bit too thick to use in summer-time, but in winter it will be great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by shoutlouder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite TBS body butter. I absolutely love the almond scent and the cream is rich and thick as are the other scents for this product. It's more of a winter moisturizer though, it's a bit thick for those really hot summer months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 6:03:00 AM More reviews by belle_in_pink

This is my favorite moisturizer in the colder months. I am a sucker for the scent of almond. At first I found the scent too strong, but after a couple of days, I found myself longing for the scent. I wish there was a fragrance that matches the scent of this body butter; that would make this perfect! I love the richness of the body butters in general, and I'm not a fan of fruity scents, so this is definitely a fave. Would try this in lotion form also.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2007 7:41:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I'm not a huge fan of almond scents, although I truly adore L'Occitane's amande products and crave the scent, but this almond smells like almond extract, which I can't stand. Too cherry. That being said, the butter itself is thick and rich, spreads easily after warming it up between my palms, and sinks in fairly quickly (not as quickly as L'O, but within about 5-10 minutes so no big deal). It is very moisturizing on my skin and feels really good. The moisture lasts all day without being greasy or sticky which has been great during this ridiculous cold snap we've been going through in so cal (yes...we're a spoiled bunch). It doesn't seem to have as much of the skin softening or firming qualities L'O does either (that makes my skin so silky smooth and firm it's noticeable). So for the moisturizing portion this is really great. I prefer the brazil nut or peach body butter scent to this and will continue to buy those for really dry skin.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Coumarin, Sodium Hydroxide, Methyl 2-Octynoate, Geraniol, Caramel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 3:27:00 PM More reviews by AbsoluteScentualist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Incredibly moisturizing yet not greasy with a subtle and sweet scent I love! I received a mini tub of this free with a recent online order due to a delay in shipping (completely unprompted or even expected as I hadn't complained) and since I am a loyal user of the Almond Oil Intensive Hand Rescue, I thought I'd compare the two. All I can say is thanks, Body Shop! Not only was it very thoughtful of this company to include this product free, but it is nothing short of fantastic.

I had been intrigued when this product launched, but had always put it off for a future purchase as I have other body butters that I need to use up.

The scent is identical to the Hand Rescue, and after I apply it, it is very rich and creamy. It sinks in fairly quickly, and you're left with the soft scent of almond extract with a slight creamy aspect and very soft hands. Not greasy or so thick that it feels as if you've coated your hands in oil. But moisturizing enough that even I, a religious hand cream user) don't need to reapply very often, and between lots of hand washings and cold winter months, this is quite amazing.

I've since switched out the travel container of Hand Rescue I take with me when I travel for the body butter, and can only imagine how soft it will make my skin feel just out of the bath or shower. And as other reviews have mentioned, the scent isn't intrusive or overpowering at all. I think it is one of the best body butters ever, as the scent blends very well with the cream unlike some of the fruity butters where the fragrance oil seems a bit off when compared to other products in that scent's line.

I recommend this very highly and if it's still available when I use up the other butters I have, I won't think twice about ordering a full size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2007 2:32:00 PM More reviews by playkitty911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This smells DIVINE. Unfortunately, it isn't as moisturizing as I would've hoped, and takes a while to sink in. Once it does, however, my skin is left soft and glowing with a subtle scent. I love the smell of almonds so I recommend this to other almond lovers as well.