July 31, 2014 | 1291 users online

Mascara - Avon - Wash off Waterproof mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by zwitterrad

YES this mascara is great on you lashes and bank account! my favorite from the avon mascara products, i have tried many. . . many . . .way too many mascaras, and this is the one i always fall back to; it does not flake, the color is good, lashes are separated, and it adds length. if you want a natural look for you lashes( like me, i can't stand it when someone with pretty eyes overloads on mascara)this mascara is the way to go. the formula is thinner which a lot of peeps seem to not care for, but hello thats why it goes on without clumps and is super smooth. leaves lashes feeling natural which i love. i would know my mom sells avon and i have tried every mascara that they have marketed

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by kookoo4mike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I gave this mascara a try due to the good reviews below. Luckily avon was having a sale and bought 3 for $1.99 each. I was really excited when i finally received my order and tried on immediately upon arrival. I have straight asian lashes and always curl first and then apply mascara. To my great disappointment, this mascara straightened my curled lashes almost immediately! Darn. But I kinda liked this mascara anyways. The formula is quite thin so it NEVER clumps. Gives a more natural look with pretty good lengthening but not much in the volume dept. It doesn't smudge at all or flake on me. I love that it really does just wash off with soap and water easily. It's a good everyday no nonsense mascara. But I don't think i will repurchase again because it can't keep a curl.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by dkreagan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara! It applies easily and enhances my sparse lashes while still looking natural. I have had no trouble with flaking, bit I did discover by accident that rewetting drops for contacts will remove it, so contacts wearers will want to be careful. I'm disappointed that Avon discontinued the navy color!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The mascara is ok. It is thin and liquidy, if you need volume, this needs several coats to do it. It doesn't clump. I think it might be better at length than thickness, simply by coating the ends of the lashes making them visible again.

It does flake a bit at the end of the day and I found my eyes a bit itchy and red rimmed (mine do that a lot --I have allergic sensitive lids -- usually waterproof works better) but as promised it comes off easily. That is it's best feature. That and the price.

I did have smudging on my brow bone (always happens)

and noticeable smudging UNDER my lower lash line (I only apply to uppers!) as a sort of "fall out".

The lower fallout of mascara flakes and smudges never happens with good waterproof mascara on me, and almost always with the normal non w/p mascaras.

Fallout, flaking and smudging happened almost right away, I think I got about 2 hours before it started looking bad.

OK but I won't buy again. I doubt I will even use it up. Back to my Cover Girl w/p Lash Blast and loads of Neutrogena waterproof eye m/u remover. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Hollynla

This is now my HG mascara. I got this on sale for $1.99 on avon.com and after reading the good reviews here, I knew it would be great. It is perfect! Doesn't clump or smudge, goes on perfectly, make lashes look fully and longer. I just re-ordered it again on sale for a whopping $1.99. A must try! Don't waste your money on expensive mascara again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by supafeet

My mom got me this mascara and I really love it. Gives me great length (albeit not the best volume) and makes my lashes stand out. Washes off super easy in the evening, no flaking and its cheap!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by KGasp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this mascara! Like other reviewers, I bought this when it was on sale for $1.99, and it was the best two bucks I ever spent on makeup. The first day I wore it, I had people asking me what mascara I was wearing because my lashes looked fantastic.

The black is really black, but not very shiny. No clumps at all. Minimal volume, but decent (not outstanding) lengthening and holds a curl. Plus, you can add layer upon layer for a fake lashes look without any clumping as long as you let the first coat dry completely. And as promised, it won't move until you wash it off. (I use Philosophy's Purity and L'Oreal Skin Genesis gel cleanser and both take it off without issue.)

I will definitely buy again, but am hoping it goes on sale again before I need it even though it's probably the cheapest mascara I ever bought at $6.50. If you sign up for Avon emails, they constantly have free shipping codes when you spend $5, $10, or $15. Patience often pays off!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 4:51:00 AM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara as the sample and to my surprise it actually wasn't that bad. It hold a curl and separates my lashes. I did not experience any clumping, flaking, or smudging when wearing it so I think it is a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by JCgirlie

I just got this mascara in Black and I'm super happy with it! It works real well. This does not clump or give racoon eyes at the end of a long day. It wears well and stays on till washed off with soap and water. I like the look this gives my lashes. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dmunday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin, and use a lot of moisturizing products around my eyes. Because of that I have a hard time finding any mascara that won't transfer through the day. I hoped for the best when I bought this one, and am very happy. It goes on just the way I like it, no clumping, every lash separated. The best part is that it wears wonderfully. No racoon eyes at the end of the day. Highly recommend! Will buy again!