November 23, 2014 | 2103 users online

Mascara - Avon - Wash off Waterproof mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by mecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this mascara for years and it's my all time everyday favorite. It dries quickly without clumps and doesn't ever flake. It's waterproof and even sweatproof, but comes off easily with my regular cleanser. Best of all it's often on sale so I can stock up for very little money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by andipromiseyouuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

formula is amazing! it's wash-off waterproof so when you go swimming or are working out, it stays put. It comes off easily in the shower or with makeup remover.
brush is a traditional mascara wand, it adds a little bit of length, but nothing special.
i would reccomend using this with a lash comb.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this mascara is ok. it is waterproof and doesn't flake. i like that i can wash it off with no problems. i don't like that it doesn't give any volume or length to my lashes...just color. it's a nice mascara for those days that i want to do a quick swipe and leave the house.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by mt828

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Avon's wash-off waterproof mascara in black for several years now. I've tried other brands including department store and always come back to Avon. It goes on silky smooth and is buildable. The best part is after the application - no smears, flakes or smudges. I've cried and it did not run and I've been in hot, humid weather and it stayed on, even swam with it on. Easily to take off as I just use mineral oil and it comes right off onto a facial tissue. Other mascaras flaked off and took several attempts to remove the waterproof formula. Avon has a terrific product with this one and it is often on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by zwitterrad

YES this mascara is great on you lashes and bank account! my favorite from the avon mascara products, i have tried many. . . many . . .way too many mascaras, and this is the one i always fall back to; it does not flake, the color is good, lashes are separated, and it adds length. if you want a natural look for you lashes( like me, i can't stand it when someone with pretty eyes overloads on mascara)this mascara is the way to go. the formula is thinner which a lot of peeps seem to not care for, but hello thats why it goes on without clumps and is super smooth. leaves lashes feeling natural which i love. i would know my mom sells avon and i have tried every mascara that they have marketed

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by kookoo4mike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I gave this mascara a try due to the good reviews below. Luckily avon was having a sale and bought 3 for $1.99 each. I was really excited when i finally received my order and tried on immediately upon arrival. I have straight asian lashes and always curl first and then apply mascara. To my great disappointment, this mascara straightened my curled lashes almost immediately! Darn. But I kinda liked this mascara anyways. The formula is quite thin so it NEVER clumps. Gives a more natural look with pretty good lengthening but not much in the volume dept. It doesn't smudge at all or flake on me. I love that it really does just wash off with soap and water easily. It's a good everyday no nonsense mascara. But I don't think i will repurchase again because it can't keep a curl.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by dkreagan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara! It applies easily and enhances my sparse lashes while still looking natural. I have had no trouble with flaking, bit I did discover by accident that rewetting drops for contacts will remove it, so contacts wearers will want to be careful. I'm disappointed that Avon discontinued the navy color!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The mascara is ok. It is thin and liquidy, if you need volume, this needs several coats to do it. It doesn't clump. I think it might be better at length than thickness, simply by coating the ends of the lashes making them visible again.

It does flake a bit at the end of the day and I found my eyes a bit itchy and red rimmed (mine do that a lot --I have allergic sensitive lids -- usually waterproof works better) but as promised it comes off easily. That is it's best feature. That and the price.

I did have smudging on my brow bone (always happens)

and noticeable smudging UNDER my lower lash line (I only apply to uppers!) as a sort of "fall out".

The lower fallout of mascara flakes and smudges never happens with good waterproof mascara on me, and almost always with the normal non w/p mascaras.

Fallout, flaking and smudging happened almost right away, I think I got about 2 hours before it started looking bad.

OK but I won't buy again. I doubt I will even use it up. Back to my Cover Girl w/p Lash Blast and loads of Neutrogena waterproof eye m/u remover. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Hollynla

This is now my HG mascara. I got this on sale for $1.99 on avon.com and after reading the good reviews here, I knew it would be great. It is perfect! Doesn't clump or smudge, goes on perfectly, make lashes look fully and longer. I just re-ordered it again on sale for a whopping $1.99. A must try! Don't waste your money on expensive mascara again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by supafeet

My mom got me this mascara and I really love it. Gives me great length (albeit not the best volume) and makes my lashes stand out. Washes off super easy in the evening, no flaking and its cheap!!