Avon Wash off Waterproof mascara

WASH-OFF WATERPROOF Mascara WATER/EAU AMMONIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER KAOLIN COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA HYDROGENATED SOY GLYCERIDES BUTYLENE GLYCOL BEESWAX/CIRE D'ABEILLE SORBETH-20 BEESWAX PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARIC ACID EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA HYDROXYLATED LANOLIN HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE TALC ACRYLATES COPOLYMER SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE PARAFFIN AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA METHYLPARABEN ETHYLPARABEN MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES MICA ULTRAMARINES TITANIUM DIOXIDE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLUE 1 LAKE CARMINE BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE MANGANESE VIOLET FERRIC FERROCYANIDE

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I also got this mascara as a gift. I really wasn't expecting much from it so I was surprised when it gave me a fair bit of length and, when paired with the Shiseido mascara base, gave decent volume as well.
Then I tried to remove it and the problems started. I'm guessing it's the waterproof formula, but this stuff makes my lashes fall out like no mascara I've ever tried. Like 3-4 lashes at a time per eye. I've tried this with and with out the mascara base as well as different products and methods to remove it and always have the same results. So for the time being I'm left with some sparse areas in my eyelashes and definately will not be trying any more of Avon's waterproof formulas.

I got this as a gift and unfortunately didn't like it at all. I have stick straight lashes that point downwards and even after curling my lashes a lot, this mascara couldn't hold the curl. It didn't make my lashes look thicker or longer unless I used many coats, but then it started to clump and weigh my lashes down to the point where they looked like I had never curled them in the first place. I wouldn't recommend this mascara unless you have naturally very curly lashes and want an EXTREMELY natural look for your lashes. I for one wear mascara to enhance and make my lashes long, thick and pretty, not to make them look like I have no mascara on.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I've used this mascara for years and it's my all time everyday favorite. It dries quickly without clumps and doesn't ever flake. It's waterproof and even sweatproof, but comes off easily with my regular cleanser. Best of all it's often on sale so I can stock up for very little money!

formula is amazing! it's wash-off waterproof so when you go swimming or are working out, it stays put. It comes off easily in the shower or with makeup remover.
brush is a traditional mascara wand, it adds a little bit of length, but nothing special.
i would reccomend using this with a lash comb.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this mascara is ok. it is waterproof and doesn't flake. i like that i can wash it off with no problems. i don't like that it doesn't give any volume or length to my lashes...just color. it's a nice mascara for those days that i want to do a quick swipe and leave the house.

I have been using Avon's wash-off waterproof mascara in black for several years now. I've tried other brands including department store and always come back to Avon. It goes on silky smooth and is buildable. The best part is after the application - no smears, flakes or smudges. I've cried and it did not run and I've been in hot, humid weather and it stayed on, even swam with it on. Easily to take off as I just use mineral oil and it comes right off onto a facial tissue. Other mascaras flaked off and took several attempts to remove the waterproof formula. Avon has a terrific product with this one and it is often on sale.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

YES this mascara is great on you lashes and bank account! my favorite from the avon mascara products, i have tried many. . . many . . .way too many mascaras, and this is the one i always fall back to; it does not flake, the color is good, lashes are separated, and it adds length. if you want a natural look for you lashes( like me, i can't stand it when someone with pretty eyes overloads on mascara)this mascara is the way to go. the formula is thinner which a lot of peeps seem to not care for, but hello thats why it goes on without clumps and is super smooth. leaves lashes feeling natural which i love. i would know my mom sells avon and i have tried every mascara that they have marketed

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I gave this mascara a try due to the good reviews below. Luckily avon was having a sale and bought 3 for $1.99 each. I was really excited when i finally received my order and tried on immediately upon arrival. I have straight asian lashes and always curl first and then apply mascara. To my great disappointment, this mascara straightened my curled lashes almost immediately! Darn. But I kinda liked this mascara anyways. The formula is quite thin so it NEVER clumps. Gives a more natural look with pretty good lengthening but not much in the volume dept. It doesn't smudge at all or flake on me. I love that it really does just wash off with soap and water easily. It's a good everyday no nonsense mascara. But I don't think i will repurchase again because it can't keep a curl.

Love this mascara! It applies easily and enhances my sparse lashes while still looking natural. I have had no trouble with flaking, bit I did discover by accident that rewetting drops for contacts will remove it, so contacts wearers will want to be careful. I'm disappointed that Avon discontinued the navy color!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The mascara is ok. It is thin and liquidy, if you need volume, this needs several coats to do it. It doesn't clump. I think it might be better at length than thickness, simply by coating the ends of the lashes making them visible again.

It does flake a bit at the end of the day and I found my eyes a bit itchy and red rimmed (mine do that a lot --I have allergic sensitive lids -- usually waterproof works better) but as promised it comes off easily. That is it's best feature. That and the price.

I did have smudging on my brow bone (always happens)

and noticeable smudging UNDER my lower lash line (I only apply to uppers!) as a sort of "fall out".

The lower fallout of mascara flakes and smudges never happens with good waterproof mascara on me, and almost always with the normal non w/p mascaras.

Fallout, flaking and smudging happened almost right away, I think I got about 2 hours before it started looking bad.

OK but I won't buy again. I doubt I will even use it up. Back to my Cover Girl w/p Lash Blast and loads of Neutrogena waterproof eye m/u remover. Oh well.

Popular Mascaras