September 30, 2014 | 1863 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiss My Face - Olive Oil Soap

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by AgentKitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is nasty! It is drying and smells really bad. Also, it morphs into this green glob of goo that takes over your bathroom! The smell was so bad I had to walk it outside to the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by catmarg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If youare looking for a natural moisturising soap, this one is good. I can use it on my face (oily skin) and I won't break out. I use it for my body mostly, and feel that it moisturises very well. I don't need to use as much body lotion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Leftwing34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this soap because I've read so much about the moisturizing qualities of olive oil. This is an extremely soft soap, and needs a vented soap dish to dry on to keep it from getting mushy. The scent is nice and natural, but I didn't find it to be moisturizing at all. In fact my skin is dryer now in the spring than it was in the cold winter. I will not purchase this soap again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by labellavita123

I have naturally good skin but I wanted something cleansing an d natural to clean my face of the grime that comes with living in LA at the end of the day. The first few days were fine but then this mother made me break out. I now have tiny pimples on my cheeks and chin. I don't know what to do to get rid of them because I've never broken out before! Never again. UGH.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by kkt1210

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i've bought this soap off and on for years. i like that it is natural and doesn't over dry my skin. i use this in the shower on my body, not face, and it cleans like a soap minus the overly tight dryness. the bar comes in two sizes, regular and large. both will last a long while. i usually buy the regular size since it's a bit easier to hold when wet. i think my bar was about $2-$3 at whole foods. oh and the smell is not offensive.....it smells like....well, olive oil! (the pure olive soap, not the ones with added ingredients)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by jenettd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this for my face. It leaves my skin radiant and moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by danerly

I really like this soap. It has a nice, natural, subtle scent and doesn't not overly dry out your skin. Although I like to use body wash rather than soap in the shower, I take this with me when I travel or want to shower at the gym, and it works great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 7:56:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this pure Olive Oil version (ie. unscented) for my sensitive areas while in the shower. Most other soaps are too harsh. This is just as good as my favourite pure olive oil soap from Greece. I dare not use the other versions such as Olive and Honey for those... uhm.. particular areas.. only because I'm extremely sensitive. Oh delicate me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by hannahp

I have used several variations of the Kiss My Face Olive Oil bars. My favorite is the one with lavender. It smells nice. I love that it is completely natural. I use this on my face and sometimes all over my body. It is a HUGE bar for the price. I have the large bar right now and I think it will last me forever.
When I ran out of the last bar, I started using some other drugstore cleansers on my face. I wound up with my first huge cystic zit that left a nice scar on my forehead and my entire face broke out. I started using the olive oil soap again two weeks ago and haven't had a pimple since. I think I've found my HG facial cleanser!
The bar can turn a little goopy if you leave it sitting in water. This time around I have just been setting it on a dry washcloth and it seems to be holding up just fine.
I highly recommend this! Go for the Olive Oil & Lavender bar! It is the best. The smell is nice and relaxing. And the lavender has the extra bonus of skin healing properties!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had tried the Olive/Aloe and Olive/Honey, and didn't like either of them. So I tried the Fragrance Free -- I was surprised that I found it to be more moisturizing than the others. And like a few reviewers have said, I did find it to be somewhat squeaky in the shower, and didn't think it would be moisturizing enough...but afterwards, my skin did not feel dry. But for some reason, I just don't love this. I love the smell of the Fragrance Free, it's just a soft earthy scent and doesn't linger -- but I feel a little stripped, not dry like I do with other soaps, just sort of raw. For my face, I love the Earth Science ADE Creamy Cleanser. I'll continue the search.