August 1, 2014 | 1542 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Rapid Clear Pads

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2008 1:42:00 AM More reviews by spamdy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Promises to clear acne in 8 hours, defintley does not make good on that promise. Smells quite strong, however I find it quick and easy to use, so will probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

wow these were not nearly as bad as I thought they would be. I saw they have something like 36% ethyl alcohol (i.e., ethanol) and I usually run far away from alcohol in products (bad BAD experiences with clinique toners and sea breeze astringents...). But since this was cheap ($7) and it promised clearer skin in 8 hours, I was a sucker and bought it. It didnt sting me at all. I could tell there was alcohol by the cooling effect, but it wasnt anywhere near as irritating as clinique toners, etc.. In fact, I think they actually DID make a difference in my blemishes... my skin was clearer, maybe not 8 hours later, but a few days later for sure. And my skin is really smooth after using them too. my skin isnt dried out after using them either, although I always need a moisturizer since my skin is on the dry side anyway. Yeah I think these are great.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2008 1:33:00 PM More reviews by shazzer628

I tried this product awhile ago when I was having crazy problems with acne. It didn't do anything for me but sting and dry out my skin. I just don't think my skin works well with Neutrogena products...my friend avoids Neutrogena like the plague as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2008 9:09:00 AM More reviews by pinkmomagain

Love this product! Originally bought this product for my 11 yo daughter who was just starting to get a little acne. Now I use it and so does my husband! All 3 of us use it 2x day and it keeps our skin clear (sometimes we may get a pimple or two despite using these pads) and does not dry out our skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by madyanna

I had been trying to find an acne treatment that my 12 y.o. daughter who is just breaking out for the first time could tolerate. I started with Benzoyl Peroxide treatments, since that is what works for me and they made her skin go mad!! She broke out like 4x what she started with. Man, was she mad at me!! So it was difficult to get her to trust me enough to try these, but I explained to her how it is a different type of chemical and I thought she was allergic to the benzoyl peroxide, so she agreed to try it. THIS HAS WORKED GREAT! Her face is clear and beautiful again! Thanks again for the recommendation MUA'ers. My daughter doesn't think I ruined her life anymore!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by StGrove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought these pads looking for a good BHA exfoliator as a cheaper alternative to Paula's Choice. This wasn't it.
These pads made my skin break out in red bumps lurking just below the surface that took days to come to a head and weeks to get rid of the scars. Those lovely pimples aside, the pads didn't improve the texture/appearance of my skin otherwise. I won't be buying them again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ali723

ok, so i have always been a a little afraid of products like these...i always thought they would be too harsh, but that is so not the case with this product. I have fairly sensitive skin and i haven't had any irritation even though i use them twice a day. i ALWAYS have acne around my mouth but after using this for a week it has reduced by at least half! plus, all my scars (i like to pick) are fading. fast. i am really impressed so far and i will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by SB80

Fabulous product. Really helped clear my skin. Yes, it does dry it out, but that can be fixed with a little bit of moisturizer. I'm on my 3rd package.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 1:50:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first my skin purged but I told myself to stick to it and I am so glad I did. My skin after a few days got smooth and really clear. Now my breakouts are under control. My skin feels soft and looks smooth. My pores look smaller and unclogged. THANK YOU NEUTROGENA!!! I use this 2X a day and need a moisturizer before I apply my make-up.

EDIT: Sorry to say that it REALLY dried out my oily skin bad! I had to stop using.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2007 11:01:00 AM More reviews by MsMaggie

OMG- I picked these up out of desperation- without doing my MUA homework... my skin is having a really bad, really unusual stress related break out marathon. So bad that a loved one suggested that maybe it was measles- or chicken pox instead of acne. Really a great boost to my ego... lol.

ANYWAY- I was looking for something not intended for a teenagers skin- the breakout is not on my entire face- mainly in jawline & chin area and I was afraid of using something too strong- so I went with the neutrogena brand with the thought that is may be better suited for my 34 y/o skin. Then I came here & read the reviews- looks like I got the good stuff!

I used three of these pads on saturday- two of them on sunday and none today yet. My skin has drastically improved- the breakouts are on the healing path now instead of the raging uprising path. The skin around my mouth is feeling a little dry - but its nothing some additional moisturizer cant fix. I have to say I'm impressed- these did more for me that several high end products - which essentially did jack for me over the course of several weeks. I only wish I'd found them sooner........