September 1, 2014 | 1847 users online

Concealers - Sheer Cover - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 7:46:00 AM More reviews by 123lluuppee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HAVE BEEN USING SHEERCOVER FOR NOW 2 YEARS ..LOVE THIS MAKEUP ..THE CONCEALER COVERS WONDERS ..DOES NOT LEAVE A CAKED LOOK OR FEELING..LOOKS NATURAL..LITTLE GOES ALONG WAY!...JUST WISHED IT WAS CHEAPER..:p

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by celesteakabeaddict

I wanted to like this, but I didn't care for the way it looked after being applied. It was obvious that it had been applied, made my under eye area look dry and powdery.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by perfectface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is the best concealer, especially for under the eyes, out there. I have very dark circles and this covers it completely. It's a little expensive, I buy it on Ebay, but it lasts a long time. It stays on all day, no touch ups needed. It's not greasy so it doesn't bother your mascara. You definitely need to moisturize before applying this. Very easy to apply and blend.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Nnail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The intro kit ("light") was at a special price of $29.99 and loaded with goodies so I thought "what do I have to lose?" Three weeks of anxious waiting and my little box of supposed miracles arrived.

2 x SPF 15 Mineral Foundations 4gr each in Nude and Bisque
Duo Concealer 3gr in Light and Medium
Conditioning Cleanser 2oz
Nourishing Moisturizer 2oz
Extra Length Mascara Black-Brown
Studio Powder Brush
Studio Conceler Brush
On-the-Go Brush
Sheer Colour Compact with 3 highlighters, 1 cream eyeliner, 2 lip gloss, 1 lip colour

About Me: 45 year old with very pale, sensitive, slightly freckled skin with large visible pores.

Mineral Foundations - Nude was barely noticeable in cololur, but didn't impress me. Bisque was simply way too dark. The coverage was sheer at best despite what the infomercial says. The sparkle was overpowering making my skin look greasy from the moment it was applied. Oh, and the commentaries from others in the infomercial that they can't even tell that they are wearing foundation ... HAH! Ok, maybe it's just my skin but I felt like I was wearing a mask from the get go. I ended up washing it off only 15 minutes after application.
There was a tester included in the kit with all the mineral foundation shades (you know, the type on paper). It turns out that I am a Frost, and the product matches the name ... light, and sparkly.

I really purchased the kit for the supposed amazing concealer that covers dark circles completely. Well, that's what the infomercial said. The verdict - not a miracle. The Medium was more like Dark for me. The Light side was useable. Yellow in base it has better than average coverage. The product booklet in the kit shows that they have an Extra Light - if only I had known I would have requested this instead. As far as use ... I'm using it right now, but definately wouldn't repurchase. Living in Canada it's just not worth the shipping charges, exchange etc. If it was a great product, I'd have no qualms with repurchasing, but my dark circles peeking from beneath the product says "don't bother."

But hey, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The brushes that came with the kit work great. The kit also came with a Conditioning Cleanser and Nourshing Moisturizer. I haven't tried the moisturizer, but I really like the cleanser. Not only is my skin oily, but it's also sensitive. Even so called gentle cleansers can irritate. But this cleanser removed even my mascara without irritating my skin. And it felt nice and clean, but not stripped. It's been a week and so far no breakout (usually I know after the first use or two). The only problem is the cost - 14.95US for members, 24.95US for non-members. I cancelled my membership so for 24.95US plus exchange plus shipping, the cost is just a little too much for a cleanser so I'll have to find something comparable.

I called the company to cancel my membership (they send you more product every 90 days - or sooner or later if need be). The woman was very nice when she said they would replace the colours they sent with another colour (aka lighter) but I figured it took 3 weeks to get it in the first place, the foundation is too glittery even if it matches my skin, and the cost to me to send it back wasn't worth my bother.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by amara8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this concealer!
It hides my acne and under eye circles perfectly!
The medium is my perfect shade and is very creamy and blend-able. The only thing that I don't like is the old-lipstick smell to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by ilovechc

This is the only sheer cover product worth buying. I use it over some eye cream to cover darkness around the eyes and it blends easily in a few seconds. I also use it as an eyeshadow base and it works well even on my oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by mayanquice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Covers well. I wear this when I have to give up my glasses. I have yet to try too many other pricier concealers to really compare but I like it. Creamy & medium coverage.

Update: This has been the best concealer for my (hereditary) dark circles. I have been using it for quite a while now & I love it! Just wish it was less expensive for how much product you get. My next concealer to try in Eve Pearl's. I always try new products because you never know : )

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by dredd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this concealer! It does a good job covering my blemishes and broken capillaries. You just have to be sure it's 'MADE IN USA' and NOT 'CHINA'. Believe me, there's a difference.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer was too cakey for my taste. If I had applied just a thin layer it wouldn't cover my blemishes. If I'd applied a thicker layer it would just look powdery/cakeish. I do like that it came in two shades though, the colors weren't a perfect match and the fact it came in two I was able to make a custom match.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by AmandaAngel0802

A creamy concealer that goes on smoothly. I always use a brush first in dots then blot with my finger to make it go on without coming off. Great for covering underskin pimples (where there's no head but pronounce bump on the face) Make sure to smooth it out or it will cause the makeup to cake.