La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Ecalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Heliuanthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Brilliant for scarring

I am very unfortunately, badly scarred. I got this cream and have been using it for over 10 years and it is brilliant, has really softened my scars and reduced the redness.
Also, with the purchase of one 30ml pot (130) online, you get all the following FREE:
another jar 15ml (half the size)
a 15ml bottle of the treatment lotion
3 small 3ml samples: I chose to get the eye balm intense, the moisturising gel and the spf 50 protecting fluid.

I think this is a brilliant bargain! The cream itself is really nicely packaged. It does an amazing job and if your prepared to splurge I definitely recommend it. I know some have found they have a problem with the cream so you might want to try some or ask for a free sample at a la mer counter.

If you have scarring, then it is superb, and also works brilliantly on my mum for wrinkles.

Also, there is brilliant online service, mine was dispatched the day I ordered it, and was delivered two days later (they were bank holidays).

on 4/14/2014 11:44:00 PM

I decided to leave a comment about La Mer in hopes that others can learn from my mistake. I have been using Chanel skin care products for the past 16 years. I know I know, Chanel is not a skin care company, but still, from my very first experience at the counter till now, I have never had any problems. The representative at the department store is knowledgeable and has never tried to sell me products that I didn't need. I have always had flawless skin (no acne, break-outs, etc.) and have always gotten compliments on my skin. With that said, turning 33, I decided to try La Mer, after reading so many rave reviews and also hearing it from friends. I currently reside outside of US, but on my recent trip, I visited the department store to meet with a La Mer Rep to see what she/he advises. The first rep wanted to do nothing but sell me products. She had advised me to buy both the heavy and soft cream (over $310 each for 2 oz) using one at night and the other in the morning. I decided against that and only bought the heavy cream at first. The second Rep came back after lunch and told me that its too strong (this is after the first Rep had rung me up and I had purchased it). So, the second Rep than switched out my order. I flew back home and I was excited to start using La Mer.
Little did I know, within 3 days, my skin started to break out, I had acne, and my skin was itchy. I had thought perhaps it was because I had flown, change of water, climate, etc. BUT I have never, ever experienced anything like this before. I decided to only use La Mer once a day to see, and my skin was still breaking out. At night, I would wake up itching my face. I stopped using it and I saw my facialist and dermatologist and discovered that the product was not agreeing with me. If I had bought the heavy cream, things would have been a lot worse. I had to spend over $500 to get my skin under control.
This is the worse part. I had contacted La Mer to see what I could do to return the unused portion of the cream and to let them know what had happen. I was completely ignored for a week. I sent another e-mail which was responded to within three days, no apologizes, just your previous e-mail is being processed. If you would like to directly contact the costumer support, here is their e-mail address or phone number. I than sent a follow-up email to La Mer, and it has now been three weeks since I had originally wrote them the first e-mail with no response to my original question.
For spending over $300, I would expect some sort of response, even if it is, I am sorry but there isn't anything we can do for you. I understand their online return policy (after my panic attacks I had sit and read the return policy), but if this was any other electronic products or anything of the sort of spending upwards of $300, I would at least expect a response. My advise, go to the La Mer counter first, ask for samples (they really do not like handing these samples out either) and try it first before investing. I had really high hopes for the product, and I am truly disappointed not with the product (everyone has different skin), but rather with the company that can treat their costumers in this fashion. I hope others can learn from my mistake. Those who have had positive results with La Mer, I am very happy for you. But, you only truly know how a company treats its costumers when something goes wrong.

on 4/14/2014 3:27:00 PM

I acquired a small sample jar of this product and considering the price I had high expectations of it. It had a nice rich texture and did a good job of moisturising my dry sensitive skin with no negative reactions, however it was nothing special. I have used much cheaper creams that worked just as well. If I had purchased the full size jar, although I would have used it, I would not have repurchased as it doesn't produce any outstanding results for the outrageous price.

on 4/14/2014 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

What can I say? I am in love with creme de La Mer. My skin is very dry, so ,love the moisturizing effect on my skin. Some people consider this cream very tick and greasy, in fact is very thick but not greasy. La mer has other options for oily skin but if you have a dry face this is something you need to try. It is pricey, but it totally worth it.
I have been using this cream for 2 years with non stop, I have noticed whiter skin, no redness, no breakouts. I have not wrinkles or fine lines in my face (except for the eyes, but i don't use the cream in the eye area, you can read my other review about this) but i can tell is good preventing.
The small jar is 155 dlls. it last about 4 months if you use it everyday day and night.. Yes, its pricey but if you can afford it, go for it.

on 4/10/2014 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I ticked that I would buy again as I have repurchased several times but I have recently bought the YSL Youth liberator range which is pretty ok too nothing spectacular but nice enough.
Also just bought the Kiehls range which I'm liking even more for a lot less money, for the moment anyway.
I love the creme de la mer gel moisturiser as my skin would flip out at the thickness of the cream version. I also bought the fluid which is also nice. They don't work wonders for me though either which is why I've been dabbling in other brands. Its just not doing enough to justify the big spends. I can't say anything bad other than the price and it has been doing a pretty good job but as I said nothing earth shattering that I'd expect from the price tag.
I'm going try a few others for a while, as happy so far doing so for a lot less money. I wouldn't mind spending big bucks if the results were there to justify it but sadly not just good enough and I have given them a long and through trial for about 2 years+.

on 3/29/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wanted this for ages and asked my husband for it for Christmas.
I used it as directed and patted it on my skin and it smelt and felt wonderful.
After a few days my skin looked smooth and clear and I was very pleased, but then little white spots appeared on my chin. I continued using it, but more white spots appeared on my cheeks and forehead. I went to see the guy at La Mer in House of Fraser and he told me that the cream was too rich for my skin and to purchase the gel formula instead. I didn't want to spend that type of money on something that could also give me spots.

on 3/26/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a 25 y.o. guy and have pretty good but very oily skin. Upon firstly trying this cream I was mortified how heavy and thick it was, but it didn't clog my pores or in fact did anything.
But I used it incorrectly, you really are supposed to press it into the skin and use very very small amount and after the right application, I must say this is pretty good stuff for night hydrating.
It does make me shiny, but during the night I don't care.
To be honest I didn't noticed any miraculous effects but it is one of the best moisturizers I have ever tried. But, the gel crem is much better for the day and the soft one is better for night as I have very oily skin.

on 3/25/2014 6:34:00 PM

I am not going to go ecstatic like the media has for years and years over this cream, but I like it enough to keep buying it despite the exorbitant cost. I know I will get super soft skin from it, but I think it is mainly the scent and luxury feel. The La Mer loose powder is the best powder I have ever known, and the concealer is first class. I just like the line over all for it's high quality feel and performance.

on 3/2/2014 9:58:00 AM

I've been using this for 10 years now but as an eye cream. I know some people will gasp in shock but it is amazing! I was first recommended it by a make up artist because I had extremely dry eyes (probably eczema). He said don't buy the eye cream buy the original face cream. When I put this on it deeply moisturizes and soothes and I only have a problem with ezcema there when I stop using it. Interestingly my boyfriend suffered from some similar sort of allergy where the skin around his eyes would swell and get very red. Then they would get a little dry. To keep it in control he tried so many ointments but nothing really got rid of it. I suggested he try my Creme de la Mer and he was cured in 24 hours. He suffered from this for so long but it has never come back in a year and a half since he started using it. It gets expensive that he uses my cream every day but I don't mind because at least he isn't suffering. Also I'm 35 years old and don't have one wrinkle around my eyes when I'm relaxed or smiling. Some people might feel that the results are just so-so when they are using it but you will have long term benefits because whatever is in the Miracle Broth works miracles!!

on 2/27/2014 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I was expecting incredible results after paying through my a** for this product... it's nice, but not nice enough to repurchase and did not produce any amazing results.

Popular Moisturizers