April 17, 2014 | 1698 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by 50plusyoung

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to respond to the naysayers! The longer you use the product, the more your skin will improve. I have been using this product since my mid-40's (I'm now 54). I've switched over the years (trying out other great products) but always go back to La Mer Creme de la Creme. It lasts so long that it's really no more expensive than other high-end products. Before La Mer, I never received compliments on my skin. Since using, I frequently do and have converted various friends and family members just from them seeing the remarkable change. It doesn't work overnight (but it does immediately nourish your skin -- and feels fantastic). If you can't afford it, then don't ruin your budget as there are other great products. But if you can swing the high price tag, I think it's worth every penny! Oh, and I'm not a big-spender -- this is the ONLY thing I splurge on.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My sister was insane and bought this product and got a little sample pot to boot; so she gave me that. Honestly: I can't believe what charlatans can get away with. It's like: if it's expensive it must be good, and if it's SUPER expensive, well, obviously it must all be true, the promises and blah blah blah. What a bunch of bushwah. There is absolutely nothing special in the formula; what would have been about the only thing that could have some efficacy would be sunscreen but nope; doesn't have it.

Worse still is the antiquated packaging. Any promising active ingredients will start to degrade the moment you open the jar and expose the contents to sunlight and air. Doesn't the story go something like some space guy created this? A "scientist?" Well, any scientist worth his or her stuff would do due diligence and find out about the stability of formula components and do what it took to make sure the precious potion was stored appropriately to keep active ingredients stable and, well, active. But I guess people who waste money like this (sorry sis) are desperate to believe anything, any improvements they see would be the same (or better!) with a far cheaper product with a better formulation and stable packaging; OR they have money to burn and buying a pot of this stuff is more for the ego--"I can afford to waste money on this."

Honestly: extra virgin olive oil (kept in an opaque container!) would be a better skin care item than this junk. Consumers: start to read labels and learn about cosmetic ingredients and factors which degrade their quality and potency!

And consider this: if just ONE miracle cream out there actually worked, why would we need any more than that? Well, there are different skin types, but the fact that there are thousands and thousands of lotions and potions out there, that's really telling a reasonable person something. And here the rant endeth.

18 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by tabster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I patch tested La Mer Creme de la Mer on my forehead (most sensitive spot on my face) And by day 2 I had developed a bit of a rash. I know it's from the La Mer because of the isolated use. When I purchased the cream, the sa gave me a sample to use first (I told her of my sensitivities) this way if I needed to return, I would be returning the cream unopened. So, I'll just stick to my Clinique repair wear serum and DDML, they work amazing for me, I was just curious about La mer! I think I am the only one who loves the packaging! I think it looks timeless, elegant and sophiciated. Also, I think that the people who do well with La Mer would probably do well with any thick moisturizer. My sister used to use it for years, she has since switched to something else and says she doesn't think La Mer is that great either.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by oulianas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The hype is really what drives the success of this product. Sure it smells great and the texture is lovely, but I can not say that this cream did for me what others could not. It does not include SPF which is very important for anti aging. The consultant explained that adding SPF to the cream makes the active ingredients in it less effective. What do I do... I buy two separate creams!. However, what you should know that active ingredients change the second you unseal the jar. The packing of this product is a bit much for me. It is heavy and seems wasteful. The jar comes in a thick box. Guess why you are paying so much for this product - packaging.
There are lots of other more cost effective products that work just as well.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by beautylast111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok ladies here is my views on this product, but first let me tell you about my face. i have extremly dry skin due to the weather change. Because f my dry skin i have break out as well. ugh, Ive tried everything. I thought the dior hydro was going to work but nope it did nothing. i was giving up and did no what to do, getting facial every month just so my face can be clear for 1 weeks wasnt working. so i went to nordstrom and got a sample of the le mar. OMG in three days my face was glowing. my friends and family kept asking me what do i use. my skin look and feel great i tell you. yea it pricey but it works, yea the packaging is low quality but dior packaging is beautiful and didnt do anything for me. so ask yourself are you concern how the bottle look on your dresser or how the product works on your skin, I use the cleansing, tonic, serum and the cream 2 times aday. yea that may seem to much in one day buts its not. a little goes a long ways trust me. you have to take the cream and rub it on your finger tips, not the palm of your hand because it will absorb on the palm, and pat the neck all the way to the top of your fore head. if you have oily skin like i do in the summer then you need the gel cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Savikins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What can I say? It really is a miracle. I first tried Creme de La Mer as a free sample I got when I ordered La Mer "The Powder", and I instantly loved it. It smells so nice and soft, and it makes my skin soft, glowing, and radiant. I use it as a primer/moisturizer before I put on makeup, and I can't put makeup on now without having some Creme de La Mer under it! I'll really never go back.

A little goes a long way. The 1 oz jar is very heavy and sturdy, and comes with a little spatula to scoop it out with. Before applying, you are supposed to massage and warm the creme in between your fingers, and then pat (not rub) it into your skin. You can apply it everywhere, even under your eyes.

I have very sensitive, very acne-prone skin, so I was actually surprised that such a heavy moisturizer didn't cause me to break out... but behold, it didn't! I've been using it with great results since November. My skin is in the best condition I've ever seen it in!

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ogundoju

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product, but the packaging to it makes it look like you got it from some kind of grocery store or corner store, but it works, I have really, really dry skin and i still need a serum to put on under this, I wouldnt get this product unless you have really dry skin, i think it would be too much for someone who has oily or somewhat dry skin, it might clog your pores, but for my skin type it works

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Duleiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product... But sorry, i can't. After two weeks of usage it broke me out like nothing else before. If you search for a rich moisturizer, take L'occitane Ultra Rich with sheabutter, but don't waste your money for this one.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this cream although a lot of people seem to dislike it's thick consistency. The expensive price tag( $150 for 1 oz. and $275 for 2 oz.) kept me away from it all this time. But this winter I decided I should invest into a good moisturizer. I didn't buy it base on the advertisement. I have two friends who have been using this for years. One of them is at her 40's and the other one is at her 30's. Both of them look great for their age! In fact if I didn't know better I would say they both look at least 5 years younger than their age. Fact is better than any advertisement they can show you.
I use a pea size morning and night. Warm it up then pat it on my face. It's very hydrating without being oily. It does feel like it's just sitting on the skin at first but it will absorb in about 5 minutes or so. My skin feels softer and more hydrate. It also help reduce the redness and acne scars on my face. I'm very happy with the result. Recently I burned 4 fingers on my hand with hot water. That night I put a thin layer of this cream on them before bed and the next morning the burning sensation was gone and the redness also disappeared.
I bought a 1 oz. bottle back in September and by now I still have 1/3 left even though I use it day and night. I will keep using this cream because I think I spent enough on experimenting other face cream. Honestly nothing compair to this IMO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

this crem has such a hype, it is very famous, thick cream, it doesnt seem to sink into the skin but act like a barrier cream. the smell is subtle and not over powering which is good.
the main ingredients are mineral oil and lanolin which are really bad for your skin and easy to get allergic to. to me,. perhaps if they would actually put money into the ingredients rather than marketing it , that would be a better cream. on top of that, this cream really sting my under eye area, ouch!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No