La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 3/26/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm a 25 y.o. guy and have pretty good but very oily skin. Upon firstly trying this cream I was mortified how heavy and thick it was, but it didn't clog my pores or in fact did anything.
But I used it incorrectly, you really are supposed to press it into the skin and use very very small amount and after the right application, I must say this is pretty good stuff for night hydrating.
It does make me shiny, but during the night I don't care.
To be honest I didn't noticed any miraculous effects but it is one of the best moisturizers I have ever tried. But, the gel crem is much better for the day and the soft one is better for night as I have very oily skin.

on 3/25/2014 6:34:00 PM

I am not going to go ecstatic like the media has for years and years over this cream, but I like it enough to keep buying it despite the exorbitant cost. I know I will get super soft skin from it, but I think it is mainly the scent and luxury feel. The La Mer loose powder is the best powder I have ever known, and the concealer is first class. I just like the line over all for it's high quality feel and performance.

on 3/2/2014 9:58:00 AM

I've been using this for 10 years now but as an eye cream. I know some people will gasp in shock but it is amazing! I was first recommended it by a make up artist because I had extremely dry eyes (probably eczema). He said don't buy the eye cream buy the original face cream. When I put this on it deeply moisturizes and soothes and I only have a problem with ezcema there when I stop using it. Interestingly my boyfriend suffered from some similar sort of allergy where the skin around his eyes would swell and get very red. Then they would get a little dry. To keep it in control he tried so many ointments but nothing really got rid of it. I suggested he try my Creme de la Mer and he was cured in 24 hours. He suffered from this for so long but it has never come back in a year and a half since he started using it. It gets expensive that he uses my cream every day but I don't mind because at least he isn't suffering. Also I'm 35 years old and don't have one wrinkle around my eyes when I'm relaxed or smiling. Some people might feel that the results are just so-so when they are using it but you will have long term benefits because whatever is in the Miracle Broth works miracles!!

on 2/27/2014 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I was expecting incredible results after paying through my a** for this product... it's nice, but not nice enough to repurchase and did not produce any amazing results.

on 2/25/2014 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

I used this product for 3 months and did notice any difference. My skin texture and complexion was not improved, it did not help any scars or neither did it moisturise my skin, it just felt greasy and felt like it was sitting on top of my skin and not being absorbed.

on 2/23/2014 1:29:00 AM

After trial and error with tons of moisturizers I finally decided to give this highly recognized and scrutinized Cream De La Mer a try. First impression (one 2 oz. jar, 8 weeks) This cream is highly moisturizing. My skin appears thicker and more supple. No breakouts or redness. Application is a bit tedious, I found itís important to warm up my fingers before emulsifying the dime size amount of cream. I have issues with texture therefor thicker creams help minimize flaws. Iíve noticed an overall healthier complexion and less need for makeup and or treatments. be careful not to over use, less is better with this one. I honestly havenít found any cream to compare or that does as much as this. My skin does look better, feels better and I feel more confident because of it. The closes comparison to this is Chantecaille Nano Gold Energizing Cream. I also found that to be very effective, yet pricy and it leaves a slight greasy finish. I hope this helps, I know how annoying trail and error can be.

on 2/6/2014 8:57:00 AM

I believe that La Mer is the best face cream on the market today. I have tried many face creams and none of them compare to the results I get from La Mer. My face is now smooth and completely hydrated. Wrinkles are smoothing out and blemished disappear miraculously. La Mer is not necessarily for 19 or 20 year olds, but if you have dry skin and are concerned about wrinkles, I highly recommend it. I will not do without it!

on 2/2/2014 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I frickin love this stuff! At first i thought it clogged my pores but thats when i realised i wasn't activating the cream properly.. I have to make sure my fingers are warm otherwise it wont work! So basically i warm this stuff between my fingers in a rubbing motion until its completely translucent and looks like its disappeared. I then press it into my skin and I'm left with hydrated glowing skin. This stuff is the bomb! Since using la mer I've noticed my skin is softer, redness is reduced and an overall even skin tone. If like me you thought this clogged your pores at first try and activate the cream with warm fingers until it is less thick and that might solve the problem! I use this mainly as a night cream as i have oily skin, although sometimes when my skin is feeling dry i will use this in the day and my face is left hydrated and dryness is treated upon contact! Amaaaazing stuff!

Edit - 28/04/2014 - just thought id update to say i no longer use la mer skincare! I was horrified to know that La Mer still use chemicals and preservatives and this contains mineral oil. In my quest to find all natural chemical free skin care i founded my love for dr hauschka! If you love the original Creme De La Mer like i did then you have to try the Dr Hauschka Rose Day cream which gives a similar finish to the original cream! I have noticed more results with the dr hauschka range in a month than in years using la mer! I am now a convert and no longer use a night cream and it has been a miracle for me my skin now is more balanced and now repairs itself at night rather than relying on thick heavy creams.

Edit 15/01/2015 - OK so Dr Hauschka Rose Day cream seemed to have stopped working for me and im back to using La Mer and I love this moisturiser! I feel like it hydrates my skin like no other and have definitely noticed it clears up my redness on my face and soothes it. Also have noticed a reduction in Break Outs. Im not really into hype and the whole Miracle Broth thing I now think does exist as I have definitely seen my skin improve. They key is to activate this correctly. You need warm hands in order to get the right consistency! This lasts a long time as you only need a small amount! Totally worth the price tag!

on 1/25/2014 8:33:00 PM

Expensive but works on dry flakey cheeks. Perfect for Harsh winter climate. I use something lighter in the summer months with SPF. I recommend to my friends. Great for middle age skin or older.

on 1/21/2014 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like the tactile texture when warmed in my palm it just applies so well on the skin. Helps keep my dry skin protected against the elements and indoor heat/air conditioning. The techniques the SA advises is great and I can even use it lightly around the eye area. Not for everyone but great for dry skin.

Popular Moisturizers