La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 2/27/2014 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I was expecting incredible results after paying through my a** for this product... it's nice, but not nice enough to repurchase and did not produce any amazing results.

on 2/25/2014 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

I used this product for 3 months and did notice any difference. My skin texture and complexion was not improved, it did not help any scars or neither did it moisturise my skin, it just felt greasy and felt like it was sitting on top of my skin and not being absorbed.

on 2/23/2014 1:29:00 AM

After trial and error with tons of moisturizers I finally decided to give this highly recognized and scrutinized Cream De La Mer a try. First impression (one 2 oz. jar, 8 weeks) This cream is highly moisturizing. My skin appears thicker and more supple. No breakouts or redness. Application is a bit tedious, I found itís important to warm up my fingers before emulsifying the dime size amount of cream. I have issues with texture therefor thicker creams help minimize flaws. Iíve noticed an overall healthier complexion and less need for makeup and or treatments. be careful not to over use, less is better with this one. I honestly havenít found any cream to compare or that does as much as this. My skin does look better, feels better and I feel more confident because of it. The closes comparison to this is Chantecaille Nano Gold Energizing Cream. I also found that to be very effective, yet pricy and it leaves a slight greasy finish. I hope this helps, I know how annoying trail and error can be.

on 2/6/2014 8:57:00 AM

I believe that La Mer is the best face cream on the market today. I have tried many face creams and none of them compare to the results I get from La Mer. My face is now smooth and completely hydrated. Wrinkles are smoothing out and blemished disappear miraculously. La Mer is not necessarily for 19 or 20 year olds, but if you have dry skin and are concerned about wrinkles, I highly recommend it. I will not do without it!

on 2/2/2014 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I frickin love this stuff! At first i thought it clogged my pores but thats when i realised i wasn't activating the cream properly.. I have to make sure my fingers are warm otherwise it wont work! So basically i warm this stuff between my fingers in a rubbing motion until its completely translucent and looks like its disappeared. I then press it into my skin and I'm left with hydrated glowing skin. This stuff is the bomb! Since using la mer I've noticed my skin is softer, redness is reduced and an overall even skin tone. If like me you thought this clogged your pores at first try and activate the cream with warm fingers until it is less thick and that might solve the problem! I use this mainly as a night cream as i have oily skin, although sometimes when my skin is feeling dry i will use this in the day and my face is left hydrated and dryness is treated upon contact! Amaaaazing stuff!

Edit - 28/04/2014 - just thought id update to say i no longer use la mer skincare! I was horrified to know that La Mer still use chemicals and preservatives and this contains mineral oil. In my quest to find all natural chemical free skin care i founded my love for dr hauschka! If you love the original Creme De La Mer like i did then you have to try the Dr Hauschka Rose Day cream which gives a similar finish to the original cream! I have noticed more results with the dr hauschka range in a month than in years using la mer! I am now a convert and no longer use a night cream and it has been a miracle for me my skin now is more balanced and now repairs itself at night rather than relying on thick heavy creams.

Edit 15/01/2015 - OK so Dr Hauschka Rose Day cream seemed to have stopped working for me and im back to using La Mer and I love this moisturiser! I feel like it hydrates my skin like no other and have definitely noticed it clears up my redness on my face and soothes it. Also have noticed a reduction in Break Outs. Im not really into hype and the whole Miracle Broth thing I now think does exist as I have definitely seen my skin improve. They key is to activate this correctly. You need warm hands in order to get the right consistency! This lasts a long time as you only need a small amount! Totally worth the price tag!

on 1/25/2014 8:33:00 PM

Expensive but works on dry flakey cheeks. Perfect for Harsh winter climate. I use something lighter in the summer months with SPF. I recommend to my friends. Great for middle age skin or older.

on 1/21/2014 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like the tactile texture when warmed in my palm it just applies so well on the skin. Helps keep my dry skin protected against the elements and indoor heat/air conditioning. The techniques the SA advises is great and I can even use it lightly around the eye area. Not for everyone but great for dry skin.

on 1/21/2014 5:50:00 AM

I was given a jar of this for Christmas and I've been using it on my face every morning and night for two weeks now. I don't think this cream is for anyone under the age of 40 because its so rich in texture. To be honest, it reminds me of a face cream that my gran used.

I haven't noticed any difference to my skin and my wrinkles haven't smoothed out. I've decided to spend my money on a good sun screen instead!

on 1/17/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was just so-so for the price that I paid for. I will stick with Clinique for the same results.

lol I know that this isnt really a review but Im seriously surprised how some sellers will do anything just to sell you this product... either that or trying to look really smart and "educated" about their products by lying through their teeth.

I went to the counter to ask for a sample of the cream as my skin is extremely dry and flaky atm. She put some of the cream on my hand and I could feel the scent right up in my nose although I reached out my hand (btw, I do use scented skin-care products that I think are amazing... so I really dont mind at all if theres a little bit of scent, but it still should only be a faint of it.... I dont want to smell the perfume of my cream the whole day, if you understand what I mean)...
Anyways, I was like "whoa! It is quite heavily perfumed, isn't it..?" and she just stares at me... and says: "No! The cream absolutely doesn't contain any perfume! It's all the healthy ingredients that give out such a smell!" I was just like... yeah ok, never mind. I mean... seriously.. I am so often so astonished and off-put by such incompetent and lying-just-to-sell-you-something sellers... :(

(as i said, this is not a review... but I am going to try the tester, so if I can say anything about it after I finish, I definately will!)