November 25, 2014 | 1780 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Valentina200

This product didn't work for me at all. I felt like this was just sitting on top of my skin instead of absorbing. And yes, I "warmed" it between my fingers, but it didn't help. It also clogged my pores. Huge waste of money, in my opinion.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by ChloePappas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was a total waste of money, it seemed like a bad joke. I had high expectations, but after about 2 weeks I gave up on it as it was way too heavy for my normal skin. A product has to be very bad for me to discontinue use, and not even finish it.

I gave it to my mum. I didn't get any feedback from her.

There are so many effective products on the market thesedays like retinol and growth factors, I can't understand why people are paying obsene amounts of money for this supermarket quality product.

The eye cream was also a disappointment.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by busyscmom

I had originally planned on trying this for my 40th b'day, I am 38! But in a weak moment last year I asked hubby to get me a 2oz jar from the duty free store. He was so shell shocked with the price that I ended up getting the 1 oz jar :) I fell in love with the cream after the 1st week of use just for the simple reason that I did not need to moisturize as much during the day. I also cursed my self for trying the creme and liking it so much. I ended up buying the 3.4 oz jar next. I have been using the creme for a year and positively love on how supple my skin looks and feel. I had reduced my AHA frequency to 1x week but am back to using it 3x week. I have also been able to used my PTR retinol fusion nightly. All said and done it moisturizes like non other that I have used before. Also the effects are lasting. BUT, the price point is a definite deterrent and needs careful consideration.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by astroglidealyssa

It's heavy if you use a lot. A little goes a long way. I have very sensitive skin around my eyes and usually the mildest moisturizer burns my skin. This stuff doesn't at all. I love it. Well worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by lakshmispirit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm mixed about this. I have light/mild acne and combi skin. I used this cream for around 4 months. During the first 3 weeks, my acne significantly cleared up. It was fantastic! Then my acne returned to normal and my skin didn't respond to the product like it did in the beginning weeks. My skin also felt very dry, and not moisturized any more. On the other hand, my husband (who has normal to dry skin and actually uses moisturizer...for a guy!) always had a glowy complexion after using this. Even got rid of some redness around his nose. His results never changed. I was jealous but realized that this product is great for some but not for all.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by sue08

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Was so excited by this at first - ok so it's heinously expensive, but if does the job, well, what price beauty?
The first few days my skin was glowing (in retrospect probably due to the light-reflective properties of the mineral oils). By day four I developed sore dry skin under my eyes that turned into sore red patches.
I should have known - high up on the ingredients list is lime extract and eucalyptus oil, stuff that should never come into contact with skin, let alone eye skin.
My hunt for the perfect night cream continues...

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by iyonis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

No magic here but it will keep your skin moisturized if your skin can handle it. This is comparable to Tatcha's renew cream which I also like. This creme is heavy so I use it for around my eyes and as a mask.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by mivec

Now that I can afford it, I really really wanted to like this product and thought I might initially, but alas, have come to realize it's just overpriced, over-hyped Nivea cream. It doesn't do anything for me, nothing for the dry patches on my face even though it has a greasy texture. I've had far better results with other (lower priced) products. This stuff has the same consistency and scent of Nivea cream, seriously.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by karljohan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got the creme sample when i brought the gel. I used the sample it as a blemish treatment as recommended by the SA. I really liked it and decided to purchase the 60ml. I have been using the gel in the morning and creme at night. The gel keep my skin stay matte and hydrated for the day. As the creme can make my skin look oily during summer, i used it only at night. Overall, the creme does a better job at reducing redness, moisturizing and reducing scars. I used the creme as a mask once or twice a week, and it is helping to control my breakouts and calm my sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by e84

Unfortunately, after having tried 3 jars of this cream, I finally had to admit that it really does not work for me. I really wanted it to work, so I have been giving it a try for many times and every time I used it my skin broke out very bad. I think it's the mineral oil they use because I have tried other creams with high contents of mineral oil (Sisley) and they always break my skin out. I have dehydrated combination skin (oily T zone). I have used other La Mer products that do not contain mineral oil and they work without any problems. First I thought that i over used it, then I asked in the shop to show me exactly how much of the cream I need to apply and how - I did everything according to the instructions but unfortunately this cream is not for me. I have been using LP Anti Aging SPF 30 instead.