August 30, 2014 | 1880 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - DUO Eyelash Adhesive

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Does what it should, keeps the lashes glued tight for the whole day!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by PYTsince1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this glue because of the rave reviews. It cost more than any other glue I have purchased and perfomed the lowest on the expectation scale. I tried for two hours to get it to adhere to my eyelids. It never became tacky and never stuck....AT ALL. I returned it to the store for a refund. I won't be purchasing the brand again. I'll be sticking with Revlon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

I would say over 90% of professional makeup artists use this eyelash adhesive. Lashes stay on all day, you won't find anything better than this on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Soyabeanire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the best glue I've tried!!! Before this glue I hated applying false eyelashes because all the adhesives would give me trouble and the end results would come out looking so gross and obviously fake because of dried glue chunks. The application wouldn't even be even because some lashes would be higher than the others thanks to the crappy glue. But this glue is awesome! Nice smell, goes on easy, and it sticks those eyelashes on evenly with no problem. They stay on and when it comes off it's easy and painless. It dries very well and doesn't look all flaky so there's no shiny glue film when you look down or close your eyes. VERY awesome glue. Definitely buying this for all my lashes from now on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

this is the best glue IMO.i never use the glue that comes with the eye lashes and this isnot to thick and doesn't stay white,really a good glue

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Makes the fake lashes last all day & under $4 at target. I got the dark tone but since I'm a beginner I prefer the invisible next time since the dark messes up my eye make up when I mess up & smear it on my lid by accident.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by lshin01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product may work very well. I don't know because I returned it the moment I read the ingredients list (which I should have read before I left the store). This product (at least the clear type) contains formaldehyde, a known carcinogen that is, incidentally, used as a fixative by morticians (!). It comes at the end of the ingredient list, indicating a low concentration relative to other ingredients, but I don't want to put any product containing formaldehyde on my body. Note that Sephora also touts this product as being "free of parabens, sulfates, dyes," etc etc which is aggravating and deceiving because formaldehyde is far worse than any of these other things.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 8:10:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Normally I use Ardell Lash Glue,in clear, which I love. After running out, I saw the Duo at Walmart and decided to purchase the DARK. I figured "what the heck"--right? Well......
First of all, the dark glue comes out kind of grayish. Whereas the Ardell glue is nice and thick, I noticed that the DUO comes out rapidly, therefore wasting more glue.
OK. The lashes stayed on fine. The issue was my clean up. I used Albolene to take off my eyemakeup. However, my eyes, by the lashline, felt "tacky"---there was some glue residue that would not come off. When I woke up this morning, my eyes were like two puffballs. Although I do have sensitive eyes, I was shocked to see the reaction with this glue. I've never had this issue with Ardell.
Suffice it to say, I"m wearing mascara (ugh) today. I will not stop searching drugstores till I find my reliable Ardell lash glue.
Bottom line--if you have sensitive eyes, you may want to steer clear of this dark lash glue.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I have tried both the clear and dark version. This was the only eyelash glue I used when I first started wearing faux lashes bc all the MUA's recommended it. This glue is OK. I hate the fishy smell and the fact that you have to pull little bits off of your lashes when you take them off at the end of the day. I also found it hard to remove the faux lashes from your lids at the end of the day with this glue. Also, my eyelids are often left red and sore afterwards!! To be honest. I have tried other brands of eyelash glues. Even the ones that come with a pair of lashes (daiso) and i found the glue in those work even BETTER than DUO. They come off easily from the lids and also come off in a strip from your faux lashes. You don't have to pick little bits off like you have to with the DUO. I have heard good things about the Revlon (precision lash adhesive) so I'll try that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome eyelash glue! It helps my false lashes stay on all night! The glue dries clear, so it makes my falsies look very natural. The tube is a little hard to control and huge globs come out sometimes. And if too much glue gets on the lashes itself, they clump together and don't look very nice. But that's more my fault. When I take my false lashes off, they come off so easily and never take out my real lashes. I do have a problem of small clumps of glue sticking to my real lashes for a few days though.. So I took off one lippie for that.