April 19, 2014 | 1908 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - DUO eyelash adhesive

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by haidehh

this is the best glue IMO.i never use the glue that comes with the eye lashes and this isnot to thick and doesn't stay white,really a good glue

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Makes the fake lashes last all day & under $4 at target. I got the dark tone but since I'm a beginner I prefer the invisible next time since the dark messes up my eye make up when I mess up & smear it on my lid by accident.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by lshin01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product may work very well. I don't know because I returned it the moment I read the ingredients list (which I should have read before I left the store). This product (at least the clear type) contains formaldehyde, a known carcinogen that is, incidentally, used as a fixative by morticians (!). It comes at the end of the ingredient list, indicating a low concentration relative to other ingredients, but I don't want to put any product containing formaldehyde on my body. Note that Sephora also touts this product as being "free of parabens, sulfates, dyes," etc etc which is aggravating and deceiving because formaldehyde is far worse than any of these other things.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 8:10:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Normally I use Ardell Lash Glue,in clear, which I love. After running out, I saw the Duo at Walmart and decided to purchase the DARK. I figured "what the heck"--right? Well......
First of all, the dark glue comes out kind of grayish. Whereas the Ardell glue is nice and thick, I noticed that the DUO comes out rapidly, therefore wasting more glue.
OK. The lashes stayed on fine. The issue was my clean up. I used Albolene to take off my eyemakeup. However, my eyes, by the lashline, felt "tacky"---there was some glue residue that would not come off. When I woke up this morning, my eyes were like two puffballs. Although I do have sensitive eyes, I was shocked to see the reaction with this glue. I've never had this issue with Ardell.
Suffice it to say, I"m wearing mascara (ugh) today. I will not stop searching drugstores till I find my reliable Ardell lash glue.
Bottom line--if you have sensitive eyes, you may want to steer clear of this dark lash glue.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I have tried both the clear and dark version. This was the only eyelash glue I used when I first started wearing faux lashes bc all the MUA's recommended it. This glue is OK. I hate the fishy smell and the fact that you have to pull little bits off of your lashes when you take them off at the end of the day. I also found it hard to remove the faux lashes from your lids at the end of the day with this glue. Also, my eyelids are often left red and sore afterwards!! To be honest. I have tried other brands of eyelash glues. Even the ones that come with a pair of lashes (daiso) and i found the glue in those work even BETTER than DUO. They come off easily from the lids and also come off in a strip from your faux lashes. You don't have to pick little bits off like you have to with the DUO. I have heard good things about the Revlon (precision lash adhesive) so I'll try that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by rsantos2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome eyelash glue! It helps my false lashes stay on all night! The glue dries clear, so it makes my falsies look very natural. The tube is a little hard to control and huge globs come out sometimes. And if too much glue gets on the lashes itself, they clump together and don't look very nice. But that's more my fault. When I take my false lashes off, they come off so easily and never take out my real lashes. I do have a problem of small clumps of glue sticking to my real lashes for a few days though.. So I took off one lippie for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best lash glue I have ever tried - it sets quickly, has a tight grip on your lashes all day long and is easy to remove with eyemakeup remover. I wear falsies a few times a week and I've been using the same tube for over a year without it drying up or anything. Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 4:10:00 AM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using Duo for about 3 years now, I hate mascara so i just wear natural looking falsies every day and it's the best eyelash glue out there.
It hold's really heavy lashes with ease and the glue is so easy to remove, you can squeeze a little on your fingers and it dry's and becomes almost rubbery in seconds!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

BEST lash glue out there in my opinion! I have the clear one since I usually will wear black liner with this and will just go over where the fake lashes sit with the liner to 'blend' it in. Comes off easily with makeup remover with no big hassle. A little bit goes a long way so one tube will last forever since I don't wear falsies often. Definitely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this glue in the clear version. Love it!!!! I always keep in my makeup bag. Will repurchase :)