December 19, 2014 | 1635 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Noobette

Lets keep this short and to the point:
- Barely removes the make up
- There's always residue
- Takes too long to remove make up, requires too much rubbing and scrubbing
- Stings the eyes
- Greasy, despite non-greasy claim

Overall: Not an effective remover, despite cheap price. Would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2010 5:06:00 AM More reviews by auraceen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst thing I've used to remove eye makeup. The first issue is that it doesn't remove waterproof anything like it claims. I use Maybelline Full and Soft mascara in waterproof and I think that's a pretty non-gunky mascara. Doesn't come off unless I close my eyes and rub at them for a while with a well moistened cotton ball. A little of this stuff goes no where. Then half the mascara comes off my lashes (along with a lash or two) and the removed mascara is transferred to under my eyes. I thought maybe that it was because it's formulated to remove Almay products better, but I found that it took a lot of work to remove my Almay black eyeliner. Even with the uber oily pink cap Maybelline eye makeup remover, I could swipe under my eyes with a finger or q-tip and the stains will go away, but not with this product. It just scoots the smeared mascara together and feels abrasive when I try to rub it off with a finger.

Secondly, even though it is a non-oily formula, it leaves a weird residue/feeling on my skin. It feels like there's a sticky layer over my skin. It's not like messy candy sticky....just a weird, uncomfortable sticky. Something that only my moisturizing face washes can get rid of.

The other big thing is the amount of product needed to get some eye makeup off. A little bit works fine for removing any type of eyeshadow (minus the sticky residue). If I splash a bit more product on a cotton ball to remove more than just eyeshadow, the liquid gets into my eyes. It doesn't irritate my eyes, but it irritates me that this happens so often.

You can get it for $5 at Target, but I'm giving it a 3 for price since it goes really fast for an ineffective product. I've also got to add, it doesn't even remove NON-waterproof mascara! Seriously....WATER removes non-waterproof mascara (you know as the name implies), but this stuff is one step below water. I think it's really weird that it works well with eyeshadow, but not anything else.

Bottom line: Stay away from Almay, go for Neutrogena makeup remover instead. It's tons better for about the same price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by celevia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

THIS BURNED MY EYES!!!!!! i bought this on a whim just to try a drugstore product out because i love my lancome bi-facil eye makeup remover...holy crap this stung my eyes so bad,,after putting it against my eye,,my eye was irritated red and i had to splash lots of water to wash it out,,and after all that it didn't even take off my non-waterproof mascara!!! i lost all faith in drugstore eye makeup removers,,back to my lacome bi-facil

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by HelloKittyHun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ugh. This is the eye makeup remover I have been using for a while and I can't wait to try another brand. First of all, it removes the make up okayish. I need to do it like a few times to get it off and it kinda just ends up smudging the make up everywhere. Having to take more time and more product to remove the smudges. The packaging is good, it's plastic so it won't break if you drop it and the makeup remover doesn't get everywhere, but the main thing that makes me get irked by this product is that IT BURNS SO MUCH. UGH!! I can't even open my eyes while using this sometimes! And if it gets in my eyes OMG soo hurtful! Ugh!! One lippie off for burning my eyes, another for smudging the makeup. I appreciate that it is oil-free though. But I will not be re-purchasing. I'd rather stick to cream makeup removers.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Steffachino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It works. It doesn't just smudge the makeup everywhere, and it doesn't leave a residue on my skin.
I'm not sure what else to say, it's pretty average, nothing groundbreaking, but it works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: This works for me for waterproof makeup in conjunction with the oil-free makeup remover pads when I have to remove waterproof mascara. (I don't like the oily/moisturizing almay pads.) This kind doesn't burn my eyes.

CONS: Even though it's easy on my eyes, the Paula's Choice one I mentioned below is even easier on my eyes. (I just prefer the Almay NonOily PADS instead for stuff that is not waterproof cause it's much easier to use.)

APPLICATION TIPS: I use this sometimes to add a bit of moisture to the Almay makeup remover pads if they get dried out. And see "pros" above.

ALTERNATES: I also really like the makeup remover by Paula's Choice. It's even more gentle on my eyes than this, and it removes waterproof better (and I use it to remove my foundation too.)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by solto

This product is not bad, is awful. I bought it because it said was hypoallergenic, etc, etc. but really is very strong, I felt on my eyes like burn and a lot of irritation. Iīm very disappointed.
Please donīt buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by MeiTai3333

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews for this product, because I love it. Makeup remover, along with eye shadow primer -- I don't know how I ever survived without these products in my makeup arsenal. (My review refers to the bottle of Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.) Anyway, I find that it doesn't irritate my contacts, and removes my non-waterproof mascara, Fluidline, and shadows with ease. I also use it to remove highly pigmented lipsticks from my face. I did experience approx. 3 or 4 small bumps on the delicate area around my eye after about 2 weeks of using the product - but soon realized that I wasn't rinsing the remover from my eye area after use. That's essential! Swipe your eye makeup clean, then gently rinse the area with cool-to-slightly warm water. This product is great for fixing small mistakes with liner or shadow. Also, because my eye makeup lasts so long throughout the day - my touch-up routine usually consists of using a bit of the Almay remover on a Q-Tip to remove the slight amount of smudging from my eyeliner. I have bottles of this stuff at work, at home -- I really like it, and will definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by melissa532

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After i ran out of my clean & clear eye makeup remover i decided to try something new and picked up the Almay one. I tried it and it removed barely anything with one swipe. I used a really bad eyeliner that day as well, and it didn't even take that off. It was not worth the price i got it for, even clean and clear is cheaper and it's WAY better than almay. I do not recommend you buy this, personally i think dual phase makeup removers are better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by endlessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Bought this eye makeup remover because I was tired of using lotion to remove my makeup (stings when I use it near my eyes). I bought it for less than $5USD at a local Wal-mart. I'm kind of disappointed in this product because it will only remove a portion of my makeup and my cleanser would (sometimes) end up removing the rest. I guess you get what you pay for. If you use a q-tip and dab it in the liquid, it has a better chance of removing your eyeliner as opposed to using a cotton ball. It didn't cause me pimples or anything but I'm probably not buying again.