November 21, 2014 | 1695 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by HelloKittyHun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ugh. This is the eye makeup remover I have been using for a while and I can't wait to try another brand. First of all, it removes the make up okayish. I need to do it like a few times to get it off and it kinda just ends up smudging the make up everywhere. Having to take more time and more product to remove the smudges. The packaging is good, it's plastic so it won't break if you drop it and the makeup remover doesn't get everywhere, but the main thing that makes me get irked by this product is that IT BURNS SO MUCH. UGH!! I can't even open my eyes while using this sometimes! And if it gets in my eyes OMG soo hurtful! Ugh!! One lippie off for burning my eyes, another for smudging the makeup. I appreciate that it is oil-free though. But I will not be re-purchasing. I'd rather stick to cream makeup removers.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Steffachino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It works. It doesn't just smudge the makeup everywhere, and it doesn't leave a residue on my skin.
I'm not sure what else to say, it's pretty average, nothing groundbreaking, but it works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: This works for me for waterproof makeup in conjunction with the oil-free makeup remover pads when I have to remove waterproof mascara. (I don't like the oily/moisturizing almay pads.) This kind doesn't burn my eyes.

CONS: Even though it's easy on my eyes, the Paula's Choice one I mentioned below is even easier on my eyes. (I just prefer the Almay NonOily PADS instead for stuff that is not waterproof cause it's much easier to use.)

APPLICATION TIPS: I use this sometimes to add a bit of moisture to the Almay makeup remover pads if they get dried out. And see "pros" above.

ALTERNATES: I also really like the makeup remover by Paula's Choice. It's even more gentle on my eyes than this, and it removes waterproof better (and I use it to remove my foundation too.)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by solto

This product is not bad, is awful. I bought it because it said was hypoallergenic, etc, etc. but really is very strong, I felt on my eyes like burn and a lot of irritation. Iīm very disappointed.
Please donīt buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by MeiTai3333

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews for this product, because I love it. Makeup remover, along with eye shadow primer -- I don't know how I ever survived without these products in my makeup arsenal. (My review refers to the bottle of Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.) Anyway, I find that it doesn't irritate my contacts, and removes my non-waterproof mascara, Fluidline, and shadows with ease. I also use it to remove highly pigmented lipsticks from my face. I did experience approx. 3 or 4 small bumps on the delicate area around my eye after about 2 weeks of using the product - but soon realized that I wasn't rinsing the remover from my eye area after use. That's essential! Swipe your eye makeup clean, then gently rinse the area with cool-to-slightly warm water. This product is great for fixing small mistakes with liner or shadow. Also, because my eye makeup lasts so long throughout the day - my touch-up routine usually consists of using a bit of the Almay remover on a Q-Tip to remove the slight amount of smudging from my eyeliner. I have bottles of this stuff at work, at home -- I really like it, and will definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by melissa532

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After i ran out of my clean & clear eye makeup remover i decided to try something new and picked up the Almay one. I tried it and it removed barely anything with one swipe. I used a really bad eyeliner that day as well, and it didn't even take that off. It was not worth the price i got it for, even clean and clear is cheaper and it's WAY better than almay. I do not recommend you buy this, personally i think dual phase makeup removers are better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by endlessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Bought this eye makeup remover because I was tired of using lotion to remove my makeup (stings when I use it near my eyes). I bought it for less than $5USD at a local Wal-mart. I'm kind of disappointed in this product because it will only remove a portion of my makeup and my cleanser would (sometimes) end up removing the rest. I guess you get what you pay for. If you use a q-tip and dab it in the liquid, it has a better chance of removing your eyeliner as opposed to using a cotton ball. It didn't cause me pimples or anything but I'm probably not buying again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was so disappointed with this product. I bought it because it said "#1 eye makeup remover brand in America" but i got tricked! blech =( The first time I used too much and it stung my eye. It gets off only about 70% of the make up. After I get out of the shower, I can see all the left behind eye makeup on your lower lashline..not pretty. FYI, the only eye make up I wear is mascara (not waterproof) and liquid eyeliner (not waterproof either). I am going to try Neutrogena next.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by rose006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish I had read the reviews before buying this! I wanted to buy the Neutrogena one but my drugstore was out... so I asked the sales lady which one she would recommended that was similar and she told me this one was very good! Really, I'm never trusting her again! This smells SO strong, I was almost afraid to put it onto my eyes! And it takes forever to remove makeup... I couldn't ever remove all of my eyeliner! I decided to take my little sister's Rimmel remover for one night and although it isn't any good either (and smells like alcool too) at least I felt it removed my eye makeup a little better!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by jdruler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually use neutrogena's eye makeup remover, but I wanted to try some other stuff to see if there was something better. I generally like almay so decided to try theirs. It removed makeup similar to neutrogena's (I think neutrogena is a bit better) but it STUNG my eyes. And so that's the main reason why I would not buy it again.