The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/11/2010 8:43:00 AM

My favorite body fragrance of all time. Love Satsuma. This is very moisturizing, more so than the Satsuma puree lotion. The big tub is 20.00 and you can get mini body butters for 8.00. I wish it came in something besides a tub though.

on 9/1/2010 9:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love the scent in the container! I really don't like the unpleasant smell it leaves on your skin after a while. I would buy this again because it won't clog your pores as much. It absorbs well into your skin, and quickly. You can put this on at night and it will be gone by morning.

on 7/28/2010 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool

LOVE the scent, smells awesome in the tub and awesome after you put it on... however, everyone's different and like perfume, different scents smell different depending on who's wearing them. Personally I get compliments every time I wear this, everyone loves the crisp, clean orange scent. It's nice and light and moisturizing for summer (too light for winter IMO, I need the 'very dry' skin butters for winter) but so far it's been great. Keeps my skin shiny and soft, it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave an oily coating like some of the more heavy duty butters.. but this is for normal skin, so that's why. I even bought a mini tub of this for my face (I use it as a nightly moisturizer... just keep it away from eyes as the citrus fumes can irritate).

on 5/28/2010 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I can't get enough of these body butters recently! I bought Satsuma at the same time as my Olive body butter because they were having some kind of special. I always stayed away from Satsuma because it just looked like it was too warm-smelling, too sweet, and too overwhelming to be a scent I would like. However that day for whatever reason I took a sniff and it really surprised me. It's a very natural, watery/fresh and citrus-y smelling orange scent. Since this one is for normal skin, the texture is more of a souffle than a butter. It goes on lighter and melts on contact faster than the other thicker butters. These scents do tend to dissipate after awhile but they may still (like any perfume) interact with the natural scent of your body and the end result you might love...or you may hate.

Edit:
My mom is the first person to have commented on the skunk and motor oil-ish smell this product tends to give off. I don't have any offending BO at all so I believe the smell may be coming from it mixing with fragrances in body washes. I changed it from 5 stars to 2 stars because who wants to go around offending people with their smell? Next time if I were to buy body butters again I'd stick with Brazil nut, Olive, and Vitamin E...lighter scents.

OMG...horrible, just horrible! Don't get me wrong. I adore TBS and have loved every body butter from them until I picked up satsuma. Sure, it smells great in the tub. I agree it's a little overwhelming, but I didn't mind. Their scents seem to fade fast anyway. It sunk right in and was very moisturizing like all TBS butters, but after about two hours it morphed into something horrific. I smelled like I got sprayed by a skunk and then rolled around in some motor oil, seriously. I wasn't the only person that noticed it either. It was really embarrassing. I had to take a bath to get it off, but I could still smell it even after that. I'm so glad I only paid $10 for this stuff. I can see how this might work for somebody else, but this was just completely ridiculous on me. I've never experienced anything like that in my life. I highly suggest you try this on and walk around the mall for a few hours before purchasing this. It might save you some money and some embarrassment. lol

on 5/11/2010 8:40:00 AM

A woman I used to work with used to come into the office in the morning and when she walked past me I got this lovely whiff of oranges and it immediately made me think of a warm summer. She told me it was The Body Shop Satsuma body butter so for my birthday, my boyfriend kindly bought me the shower gel and the body butter.

The body butter is designed for people with 'Normal Skin' which suits me fine. It's quite a thick texture and I've found that a little goes a long way, maybe because my skin isn't dry.

Now, the smell....it's just delicious! At the minute, we're having pretty rubbish, cold and unpredictable weather, but after using this body butter, I smell like Summer! It's such a zesty, fresh smell and I can smell it on myself for the entire day and it doesn't make my skin feel cloggy and sticky. I have the larger tub which will last me a good few months.

In terms of price, the majority of the stuff from The Body Shop is quite expensive, but since they stand for good, natual products and lets face it, most of the stuff they sell is just brilliant, then I don't mind paying a little more for a good quality product.

on 5/3/2010 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A very light and rather runny body "moisturizer". I can't really call it "butter" because it's not solid and it's runny enough to be in a bottle instead of tub. A very tangy and awakening citrus scent. It absorbs quickly and felt like nothing. Unfortunately it is not moisturizing at all. This will suit ppl who doesn't really need moisturizers. I won't repurchase, because I need sth. more moisturizing.

on 3/18/2010 1:21:00 PM

Wonderful product. I just love the scent. I gave a jar to my bf as a gift, and he smelled so great that i just had to get myself a jar too. Now its my favorite body butter!!

Body butters are AMAZING. But, I don't love this scent because I have a new perfume that won't be detected if I use this satsuma smell. But, super lovely. Try it out to get super soft skin. In any flavour.

Edit: I have repurchased this over and over again. Very fruity, amazing smell. Amazingly creamy and will never stop buying this for it's skin softening abilities.

on 1/21/2010 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Received this as part of a gift set for christmas barely got around to trying it out. Wow! This stuff smells amazing. I love the tangy tangerine scent of this product. It is a thick cream goes on smooth, not greasy at all. Soaks in to the skin quickly leaving you moisturized and smelling great for a long time. Only con is the packaging a screw top container, would prefer if it came in a squeeze tube. But I would repurchase despite the annoying container.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products