April 16, 2014 | 1239 users online

Eyeliner - Almay - Liquid Eyeliner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by turuleka

Bought this after my beloved Revloy colorstay liquid eyeliner started stinging too much for comfort. Im pretty disappointed in this eyeliner mostly because it smudges too much for my type of skin (I believe my eyelids are oily though)...I also felt stinging on my eyelids after after appliying this. The color is not that impressive either. (I got brown and it wasnt that dark). Wont be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by LaCallas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm thrilled to have found a liquid "dip" liner that also has a felt tip! I had been using Avon's forever because that specific kind of liner is (I have come to realize) really hard to find. I decided to look for another brand because Avon's runs badly half day through and the color was too light for my liking.

Alas, Almay comes!! Where to begin?? The felt tip is amazing (a bit firmer than I'm used to, but it helps me draw more precisely). The color is also fantastic; a rich, deep brown that dries matte. Dark enough to emphasize, but without looking harsh against my light skintone.

The staying power is slightly better than Avon's (without a primer). I have yet to try it over my Too Faced Shadow Insurance and see how it holds up. I will most certainly repurchase when needed. Can't remember exactly how much it cost, but I'm sure it was a hell of a lot cheaper than the MAC liquid liner I bought before this and absolutely despise.

Good job Almay!! PS: Contrary to what most reviewers say, this did *not* sting or irritate my eyes in the slightest. And I wear prescription contacts every day!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 12:55:00 AM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have switched through so many eye liners. I come back to this one often because it works great for me. I don't have a problem with it running or smudging, unless of course I touch my eye if fall asleep. It's easy to apply & lasts a long time. This stuff has been around for so long & I can see why. It's simple, cheap, & works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by veck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not the best liquid eyeliner, but I did like it. My only real problem with this is the application tip, it wasn't a brush at all so it was irritating to use. This eyeliner isn't waterproof and did tend to smudge near the corner of my eyes. It did last a very long time though and was a dark enough black.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by morgwild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I initially quite liked this eye liner. Though I struggled to create a straight line, I was confident with practice that issue would fade. And, yes, it stung a bit for a few minutes afterwards...but such is the price of beauty! Or so I thought.

Because then I was at my Borders reading a book a solid hour of applying the liner. I was in the store for a good three hours. It was a wee bit hot and humid but nothing drastic. My eyes began to hurt a bit, but I thought nothing of it...mainly because the book was so good. But when I stood up to go buy it, suddenly my eyes were not merely uncomfortable, they were BURNING. I walked as fast as I could out of that store, combating a deep desire to rub my eyes to make the pain STOP, but not wanting to look insane. I ultimately rubbed them and then threw on some sunglasses. My eyes at this point were streaming liquid as if I was sobbing because they were so irritated.

That was in DC during Spring. I'm now in Arizona. There is no way in hell I'm risking that eyeliner near my eyes again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by nylongirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the best liquid eyeliners I've ever used. It last through out the day and looks so smooth. It doesn't have that crack look at the end of the day either. It comes with a felt tip wand so application is easier for me. The wand/felt tip could be a lot better,but overall the content is simply wonderful! Better than most department and drug store liquid liners!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by albinonymph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

i will deffinatly buy this product again and again and again. It stays on forever and has great colour. dose not smudge, almay is non-animal tested. The little bottle seems to never end even though i wear it like everyday. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by hannahouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually prefer a retractable pencil eyeliner, but decided to try a liquid liner with a felt tip. I found this liner to be easy to apply and control. It dries nicely too, and doesn't seem to smear. Guess I can't expect more for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by jngx33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product , no joke. I have weird eyelids that can look like they're double but sometimes look like hooded eyelids. This lines my eyes nicely & you can notice the difference (in a good way haha). It's pretty easy to control for me so I have almost no problems with it. The only thing I can think about that I don't like, is that it's not waterproof. For me, it doesn't matter anyways because I haven't had it smudge massively (only a bit) yet since I've bought it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

What it is: a black 16 hour liquid eyeliner.
- - -
Pros - decent length plastic applicator (meaning long enough so that your hand isn't in your eye but short enough so you maintain control of the handle). long lasting. true to black color. doesn't smudge.
- - -
Cons - not waterproof at all. brush can lose its firm shape after some time (although I preferred this, I can see why others might not).
- - -
Side note - I used to use the Mac liquid eyeliner (black tracks) but it seemed like after a few hours it would look crusty or patchy. I've never had that problem with this liquid liner. The 2.9 mL bottle has lasted me over a year and I've been using it daily on my upper lash line because the color doesn't fade the way pencil liners do. I'm not sure if it holds up to 16 hours but it is definitely long wearing.