April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by ColeTrain23

I was really excited when I purchased this, I have awkward combination skin. It can get very oily around the T zone but it's also easy for my foundation to look dry and cakey no matter how little I use. I use mac studio sculpt foundation, which seems to work for me so I know my issue is not the foundation; but this primer. I used it under my makeup the day after buying it and as soon as I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror at work, I wanted to run and hide from the public eye! I looked awful. Instead of minimizing my pores, it actually exaggerated them and made my foundation even more dry looking.
As if this weren't enough, when I gave the worst looking places, such as my chin, a bit of a rub in an attempt to even things out, my makeup slid right off under my fingertips! I had become more oily than I ever have.
Needless to say, this primer did NOT work for me. I don't like slagging products off, I know this product works wonders for some people and I'm not saying it's bad; I'm just saying it clearly doesn't work for everyone. And it is fairly expensive, especially if you only use it once like me, so do be careful.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Donnie130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have oily skin with large pores and acne scars. I have been trying to find anything to help smooth my skin
I wanted to like this, I did spend the money. It left my skin too oily and when I tried to apply my BM it started to roll off
I am still looking for a primer. For now I am using No More Pores which is good. Clinique also makes a good one

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by rsmuskie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this mainly as a primer to hide and fill in those annoying wrinkles and shadows above the upper lip line. However, I've also used it as an eye shadow base and dot some on the lips just prior to applying lip liner and lipstick. Keeps shadow from straying for 8 hours and keeps lipstick on the lips and from bleeding into the corners of the mouth. You'll use far less foundation if you start with this product. It's lightweight and not heavy, and does not take much to fill in the lines and wrinkles. On its own, it gives a nice glow to the face without makeup. Also great on those line indentions around the neck as it does not sweat off or pill off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by kaelores

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fills pores like an absolute dream! This is my favorite primer of all time!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by misterhankey

I stopped using this, and started again a few weeks ago. It really is great. I use it without makeup on top and it gives a nice, soft focus look to your face. It gives unsurpassed pore coverage (it's like Polyfilla for walls!) and a lovely matt look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by eliego7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this on and off for a few years now, and after trying many other HE and drugstore primers, I must say that this is one of my favorites. It keeps my t-zone matte all day and my makeup looks fresh even after 9 hours. I little bit goes a long way and it diminishes substantially the size of my pores. Is does not have any fragrance in it, which is a plus for me and my skin feels amazingly soft when I use it. I'll definitely repurchase when the cute little red pot is empty!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by lisa1229

this primer is really high-quality and works really well. HOWEVER, it is very expensive for the fill weight. I used to use this everyday and even use it without makeup because it covers my pores and make my skin look flawless. But i stopped purchasing this because 1 jar would only last me a month and it was getting a bit too pricey for my regular makeup routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by GobblesIII

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin but work in a very humid place. I bought this under the impression that it was mattifying. While it doesn't seem to decrease the appearance of my pores much, it is not an oily primer, but you have to use the smallest amount, as it goes quite far. It's not 100% mattifying either though, it's somewhere in the middle, and so I'm sitting on the fence. It's expensive, but lasts for a long time. It makes my skin feel silky smooth after application, and my Clarins foundation seems to stay on pretty well on top of it. I would purchase again, but only online for a cheaper price, and only because I'm too scared to go searching for a new primer at this point. Using something average is better than taking another chance and ending up with something worse!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by lilbunnie

I had the sample of this for a wedding last summer and my face looked so perfect and smooth and my make up looked almost the same 20 hours later. Did not break out from it and it`s just amazing i`ll buy the jar when I have more money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just finished a jar of this stuff and I plan to re-buy. I found that this primer, out of all the primers I have tried is the best for skin that had uneven texture. I suffered through acne and have some unfortunate depressions left from acne scar on my face (ie. ice picks). Using this dramatically can fill in those areas and help create a smooth base for foundation. It has a thicker consistency than most primers but it blends in really well into the skin.

You don't need very much for the whole face as it spreads amazing, but you can build up the primer if you have areas on your face that need extra filling. I really recommend this stuff for those with large pores or acne scarring as I haven't found a similar primer that can do the same. This primer does not dry matte nor does it control oil. I have dry skin so I found this primer not to be drying. Also many primers have irritated my skin and this did not irritate at all. Actually I found that it somehow calmed the redness in my skin. This primer also works well with a variety of foundations without having that 'balling up' problem other primers have.

The reason I took one lippie off, is that it is pricey for how much you get. $32 CAN for 15 ml. I hate the fact it comes in a jar too because I am acne prone. I always uses the spatula it came with and wash it after every use. Wished it came in a pump. There is a stick version of this but you get so little product for almost the same price as the jar which is not worth it in my opinion. For daily use, (and filling in acne scars build-able by the way) this lasted me about 7 months. It does claim to be 'non-comedogenic' and I have not broken out using this all over my face. Overall I will re-buy. Also note the latest formula of this has been formulated without parabens for thoes concerned. Other primers that I have used that I no longer use are: Smashbox, Nars, BareMinerals, CoverFx Prep, Boscia and Benefit pore-professional.

****Update 5/30/2012 - I am on my 3rd jar. My last jar lasted me from 9/2011 to about 4/2012. I love it but I still keep 1 lippie of because it's in a jar and the price for what you get is very little.

****Update 5/20/2013 - I'm on a brand new jar of this. I can't recall if this is my 4th or 5th now since my last update. I still love this for acne/pitted scarring. No other primer can fill in like this. I also tried the Sephora brand wrinkle filler that is suppose to be like this but it kept balling up under my foundations. I still haven't had that problem with this.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No