April 21, 2014 | 1360 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by uhohemmylou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for upwards of a month now, and it works fine with SOME foundations (at least I've found,) like NARS Sheer Glow, but not as great as others. Whatever. It doesn't smell, and it's not oily so my pores are never clogged after using it. The packaging is fine and about what I expected. While I think this primer is good, I'm not overly impressed with it and will probably search for a cheaper primer in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Brittany123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer does allow you to set a good preparation for foundation. I like it because it's not too thick neither too watery. It is oil-free, so does not clog my pores and also scented-free. I said I wouldn't repurchase this product ONLY BECAUSE I would like to try other primers. Overall, it's a good primer, just a little bit pricey.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by yoquyennn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product SUCKED! S-U-C-K-E-D! So the whole purpose of a primer is to create a smooth base for foundation application and to help keep makeup stay on longer. This primer so did the exact opposite of that. Just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating this I tried it out with multiple different foundation, but the end result was still the same. This primer comes in a tube and the product is a white,clear kind of gel-y texture, not super gel-y. This primer applies really easily, it glides on your face with no problem. the downside of this primer is that it makes your face look even more greasier as oppose to not wearing any primer at all. I did not like this product at all, waste of money, and it is pretty pricey. I was expecting more because the SA said this was one of the most popular primer next to Smashbox primer, which I actually enjoyed using more than this LM primer. This primer was a total failure, it did the opposite of what a primer is suppose to do, and I would definitely not recommend this foundation to combination or oily skin. For dry skin? Maybe because it is moisturizing which is a good thing for gals with dryer skin. I also noticed that while using this primer, I broke out with a lot of tiny little pimples throughout my entire face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by cindygenit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Laura Mercier, please... what is with the ridiculously expensive pricetag of your skincare and makeup line?

I purchased this along with their skincare, Oil Free One Step Foaming Cleanser, Perfecting Mist, Oil Free Repair Day Lotion SPF 15. When i used them together, it creates a perfect canvas for makeup application.

I have also used the primer with my normal skincare routine with similar results. I really like that this primer has no silicone whatsoever, unlike every other primer that is being sold by other makeup houses :)

There is a bit of a strange smell on this primer, but it goes away after about 5 minutes.

Overall, i think this is one of the best primers on the market. It doesnt make your face super oily at the end of the day (like Napoleon's Auto Pilot) and it doesnt aggravate my acne.

Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Isabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find this primer hydrating and soothing. When I use this I skip the moisturizer, which is amazing considering my skin tends to be dehydrated and moisturizer is a must (even if I'm more on the oily side).... but this product hydrates my skin like no other primer I've used.
This is the primer I reach for when my skin is flaky. It improves the texture and helps makeup look so much better!
It comes in a squeeze tube that is light but feels sturdy. I only use a pea sized amount each time so I feel it's going to last a long time.
Being oil-free I expected something thicker, more gel-like instead of creamy. Don't buy it if you want to be matte, because this product is not mattifying in the least. And remember, a little goes a long way, never overdo the primer otherwise you will just get the opposite result!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprise the reviews for this is no higher than a 3? This primer is actually fairly decent, I have venture to primers lately, ever since I purchased Mac select spf 15 (the liquid), it goes on veryyyyy blotchy partially b/c it dries so quickly to a powder finish (i use to use face/body which leaves a very smooth/hydrating/even finish), anyway, I like the select BUT I must use a primer prior to applying the foundation, which is the pits b/c I never use primer (i have good skin- just apply moisturizer before foundation is good enough for me), anyway, as i was looking through the popular primers at sephora, i decided to give the laura mercier one a try, I got a generous sample of the oil-free version, been using this for a little over a week and i hav to say with their vitamin a,e, c, d it makes my skin even smooother! i really like it, and my foundation goes on flawlesssss except at the end of the day, the transfer is awful but u can't have a perfect product for the amt you get and the price, it's one of the better primers i think, i haven't tried too many other primers but this one is good that i'd purchase the entire tube. I tried the sephora luminizing primer (that leaves streaks and slips & slides)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

YES YES YES I would buy it again!!! Or better yet, I actually need to purchase my first ever tube lol!!! I was given a pot with some of this in it by the amazing LM assistant as a sample for me to try before I buy. Well! Today I have used it for the first time, I only needed a tiny bit so this little pot will last me maybe a week or 2, and my skin felt smooth as a babys bum! On putting my LM oil free TM on with my usual foundation brush, the difference was VERY VERY noticable! It glided on and blended much better, and now, at 16.35pm, my makeup looks like it did this morning!!! Normally my TM would be patchy, half rubbed off unknowingly by myself etc, so this is my HG primer, hands down!!! Cant really understand why its not got 100% raving reviews tbh, my sin can be problematic at the best of times and for it to work so well on me is beyond fantastic!!!!

PS why are people thinking it is a mattifying primer?! It doesnt say that on the tube/pack/or even her own website!!! Its a primer if your skin is oily, it just helps your makeup last longer than if it were a primer with oil in it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by SweetTartx3

I bought this cause of all the positive reviews on the sephora site, and i am always on the hunt for a good primer for oily skin. this really does the trick. it keeps the oil at bay and leaves ur skin silky smooth and at the end of the day your makeup will still look pretty damn good. im impressed by the staying power. amazing primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by SkinObsesh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Man, I was a little shocked to see so many bad reviews on this product, but everyones skin is different! I will say I LOVE this primer. I did my own makeup for my wedding, and it literally made it look flawless and stay on the entire time. When I do wear foundation sometimes, I always use this and it just looks so much better. Also, it did not break me out.
Keep in mind, as another review mentioned, it's purpose isn't really to absorb oil, so don't be looking for it to necessarily mattify your skin. I'm sure some do, but this one is more for smooth application and long lasting foundation. I used to not wear primer, but it does make a huge difference. Can't hurt to at least try it out! :) And while you're at it, her foundation is pretty amazing as well. I'm known to skip around on my products because I just love trying new things, but I was actually super impressed with her line and I will def be sticking with it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by vrescsanski

I got this product as part of the LM Oil Free Flawless Face Kit at Sephora. I had read positive online reviews of LM products for combination/oily skin. I really wish I had saved my money. I've never used a primer before so I was hoping the Oil Free Primer would keep me shine-free all day. The Oil Free Flawless Face Kit contains Primer, Tinted Moisturizer, some kind of Secret Concealer, Camouflage Powder and a direction sheet that I followed to apply all of the products. I tried this on a Saturday so I'd have a chance to try it out before I wore it to work. By noon my face was absolutely oily. The concealer was lying in creases under my eyes and my face could have been used to send an SOS signal across the ocean. Since then I've been using only the Primer under various other products (Bare Minerals Matte Foundation, Revlon Color Stay) but haven't had much success staying matte beyond noon. I haven't touched the Tinted Moisturizer or the Secret Concealer again.