September 2, 2014 | 1850 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This just seems like a moisturizer to me. It did nothing to make application better or anything last longer. Instead it made my face oily mid day. It was just like ick on my face. I tried with both liquid and mineral foundation. Returning.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by hayster96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really don't get why every LOVES this so much. I only had it for a few days with high hopes but ended up returning it. I tried it a few mornings, and by the middle of the day, (3-4 hours later) you couldn't even tell I had used it. I have combo/ oily skin so my t-zone and chin are my problem spots. Didn't do anything for me. Very disappointed, especially with all the hype. Still on a search. Will update later if I find my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Yoshi3329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For such a expensive primer, it sure didn't work very well. I have combination skin with a oily T-zone. The texture was fine and it applied well. However, it does nothing for oil control for my T-zone. It made it worse! It lasted for about 3 hours for me. Then I would use the Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder (Shine Control) and keep applying it EVERY HOUR to control shine for my 10-12 hour days.

Two, it doesn't help with bumps because for me they are differently as visible as before and I use a full coverage foundation.

This was my first primer I've ever used and it wasn't a great experience at all! >_>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by tinavars

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is great primer. It smooths the skin before foundation, but it can also be used as a moisturizer, which is great for traveling. Can you imagine getting ready to go out, and all you have to do after you tone (and whatever treatment or not that you prefer to use), is apply this and then your foundation??
And they create one for every skin type!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by uhohemmylou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for upwards of a month now, and it works fine with SOME foundations (at least I've found,) like NARS Sheer Glow, but not as great as others. Whatever. It doesn't smell, and it's not oily so my pores are never clogged after using it. The packaging is fine and about what I expected. While I think this primer is good, I'm not overly impressed with it and will probably search for a cheaper primer in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Brittany123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer does allow you to set a good preparation for foundation. I like it because it's not too thick neither too watery. It is oil-free, so does not clog my pores and also scented-free. I said I wouldn't repurchase this product ONLY BECAUSE I would like to try other primers. Overall, it's a good primer, just a little bit pricey.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by yoquyennn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product SUCKED! S-U-C-K-E-D! So the whole purpose of a primer is to create a smooth base for foundation application and to help keep makeup stay on longer. This primer so did the exact opposite of that. Just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating this I tried it out with multiple different foundation, but the end result was still the same. This primer comes in a tube and the product is a white,clear kind of gel-y texture, not super gel-y. This primer applies really easily, it glides on your face with no problem. the downside of this primer is that it makes your face look even more greasier as oppose to not wearing any primer at all. I did not like this product at all, waste of money, and it is pretty pricey. I was expecting more because the SA said this was one of the most popular primer next to Smashbox primer, which I actually enjoyed using more than this LM primer. This primer was a total failure, it did the opposite of what a primer is suppose to do, and I would definitely not recommend this foundation to combination or oily skin. For dry skin? Maybe because it is moisturizing which is a good thing for gals with dryer skin. I also noticed that while using this primer, I broke out with a lot of tiny little pimples throughout my entire face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by cindygenit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Laura Mercier, please... what is with the ridiculously expensive pricetag of your skincare and makeup line?

I purchased this along with their skincare, Oil Free One Step Foaming Cleanser, Perfecting Mist, Oil Free Repair Day Lotion SPF 15. When i used them together, it creates a perfect canvas for makeup application.

I have also used the primer with my normal skincare routine with similar results. I really like that this primer has no silicone whatsoever, unlike every other primer that is being sold by other makeup houses :)

There is a bit of a strange smell on this primer, but it goes away after about 5 minutes.

Overall, i think this is one of the best primers on the market. It doesnt make your face super oily at the end of the day (like Napoleon's Auto Pilot) and it doesnt aggravate my acne.

Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Isabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find this primer hydrating and soothing. When I use this I skip the moisturizer, which is amazing considering my skin tends to be dehydrated and moisturizer is a must (even if I'm more on the oily side).... but this product hydrates my skin like no other primer I've used.
This is the primer I reach for when my skin is flaky. It improves the texture and helps makeup look so much better!
It comes in a squeeze tube that is light but feels sturdy. I only use a pea sized amount each time so I feel it's going to last a long time.
Being oil-free I expected something thicker, more gel-like instead of creamy. Don't buy it if you want to be matte, because this product is not mattifying in the least. And remember, a little goes a long way, never overdo the primer otherwise you will just get the opposite result!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprise the reviews for this is no higher than a 3? This primer is actually fairly decent, I have venture to primers lately, ever since I purchased Mac select spf 15 (the liquid), it goes on veryyyyy blotchy partially b/c it dries so quickly to a powder finish (i use to use face/body which leaves a very smooth/hydrating/even finish), anyway, I like the select BUT I must use a primer prior to applying the foundation, which is the pits b/c I never use primer (i have good skin- just apply moisturizer before foundation is good enough for me), anyway, as i was looking through the popular primers at sephora, i decided to give the laura mercier one a try, I got a generous sample of the oil-free version, been using this for a little over a week and i hav to say with their vitamin a,e, c, d it makes my skin even smooother! i really like it, and my foundation goes on flawlesssss except at the end of the day, the transfer is awful but u can't have a perfect product for the amt you get and the price, it's one of the better primers i think, i haven't tried too many other primers but this one is good that i'd purchase the entire tube. I tried the sephora luminizing primer (that leaves streaks and slips & slides)