July 28, 2014 | 1905 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Britney Spears - In Control Curious

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by lizbathory88

So In Control is a mix of Fantasy and Curious, stronger on the curious notes though. I like Curious, it reminded me of sexy britney(pre k-fed) all sweaty and sweet....yeah. And fantasy is like a pastry. So the mix is good, but no lasting power that I found and has a woodsy undernote, that just doesn't work with the fragrance it's self. The britney bottles are very chic looks but black and hot pink? TACKY!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Something sweet and creamy like caramel wafted towards me while I was at the TM Angel counter picking up some Angel, so I asked the SA what that was. She proceeds to brandish this tacky (yet compelling) black with hot pink atomizer bottle I had tested when it was first launched a little over a year ago. I sniff the card, heavenly. I wonder to myself why I hadn't already purchased it. Optimistic, I apply it to my wrist and go for lunch. What began as caramel heaven and I was ready to plunk money down for a bottle right after lunch, soon turned to overpowering cedar chips. I love cedar chips, on the bottom of a hamster cage, not on my skin -and the staying power, well I had to shower with hot water and Ivory soap to get it off. What a disappointment! Is cedar even listed as a basenote?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

I liked Fantasy and hated Curious, so I wasn't sure what I'd think of this one. I would agree that this is somewhat of a fusion of Fantasy and Curious, but for me it combines my least liked aspects of both fragrances. Like Curious it is too powdery for my tastes, and what it has in common with Fantasy is the syrupy sweetness. I find that this has very poor staying power compared with the other Britney perfumes. After an hour of wear it fades significantly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2007 5:32:00 PM More reviews by RussianBelle007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the gift set as a present for my birthday. Came with body souffle, lip gloss and a pretty box for make up, jewelry, etc. I love the way it smells, like vanilla but not to strong and a big bottle of the perfume. Very sweet and flirty. My only complaint is that it didn't come with a purse-size version for me to carry around, plus the lasting power is ZERO. Sometimes when I layer it with my The Healing Garden body spray it lasts longer, but not much.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2007 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Blomp

I really like this scent. I find it both soft and sexy, and it smells kind of powdery on me. I've tried all the Britney Spears fragrances and I think this one is the best. It's not too sweet like some of her other fragrances, but it's just very nice. I dont like the bottle though..

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2007 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Infraredhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This fragrance seems to have a dual personality. It is fruity yet it does have that BBW musky Sensual Amber touch to it. I also do not like the atomizer as voiced in other reviews. Elizabeth Arden should put both types of sprayer heads in the box. Staying power is not as good as Fantasy. I am old enough to be Britney's mom so there goes the marketing ploy that is for the younger age group. Now would I wear this to a job interview? No I would not BUT I would wear it almost anyplace else as long as I didn't douse myself in it. I am sure this is geared for the younger crowd but who cares who it was made for long as YOU like it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2007 5:39:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

To me this smells exactley like Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber. I f you like that you will like this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by rsmuskie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First let me say I loved this fragrance, but it just didn't hold out long enough for me. It faded far too quickly, and, even anchoring it with my own sandalwood oil, still didn't last. A shame, too, as it's beautiful at first spray. The sandalwood & vanilla are really great together, but it seems as though there isn't enough of them to anchor the base to your body. I didn't like the atomizer, either, as I found it too clumsy to spray on. If it was repackaged and revamped to be a bit stronger, though, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2007 10:06:00 PM More reviews by photowife

I am 30 years old and a mother of two, so I don't know that I fit the age range this is targeted at, but it is possitively my favorite fragrance. It drives my husband crazy too, and thats a nice plus. It's not too sweet, and it's not too perfumy. It's powdery on me, which is weird cause I normally don't care for powdery scents. The packaging SUCKS though. It comes with an atomizer bulb. If you leave it on, the cording on the bulb sucks up the perfume and it evaporates. There is no normal sprayer for it. It's a pain for sure. I'd take off more than one lippy for the packaging, but the scent is just so nice that I can't.
UPDATE: This is just such a sexy perfume! To me it's a winter fragrance though, and that makes me sad because I love it so much. I did want to add that I have NO problem with lasting power. stays on fine for me. Another plus is I found on gordmans clearance for $10, big bottle!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2007 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very warm,yummy innocent and inoffensive fragrance. I do not like Ms. Spears,but I like this fragrance-very,very much.