April 19, 2014 | 1901 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a sample of this together with the turnaround body lotion as part of a gift my aunt gave me. I like mixing it in with my tinted moisturizer because I wanted to make sure to wear a goo amount of SPF in my daily face routine. And I love this! Most SPFs I've worn for my face tend to be too greasy and break me out a lot, so I stopped for a while. After getting this, I finally decided to give it a try. I like it so far, the consistency is definitely not greasy and it goes on very light, very much like a daily moisturizer. It easily gets absorbed into the skin and with the SPF40, I'm not complaining! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Cheeseandrice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG daily sunscreen! I am soooo happy that I found this product b/c i was searching high and low for the perfect daily sunscreen and this is it! I've tried so many, a lot of them were way more expensive than this and this happens to be the best. It feels light, doesn't leave my face shiny or greasy and it actually makes my skin look better than before i put it on. It offers very slight coverage b/c it's tinted and it makes my skin look radiant and glowy. And the best part is that it has SPF 40 and it's a mineral sunscreen (contains zinc) so it's perfect for sensitive skin. When i first tried this i didn't like it very much b/c it would flake so much but the key is to put on a moisturizer or serum beforehand (I use Paula's choice Resist antioxidant serum) so that this could be applied smoothly and flawlessly. i hope they never discontinue this product!! I love it so much! I even got it for my sister.
**edit** Still loving this product so much, I came back to sing it praises. Btw Paula's choice lists this under best daily sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product works well for me. I can wear it alone because of the light tint. I just brush on a bit of powder. I can also wear it along with my foundation. SPF 40 is great because I am outdoors quite a bit and I drive quite a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm sad to see some negative reviews about this product.. I LOVE IT!!
Ok.. so its not dirt cheap but its not that expensive. it costs aroung 15 and it last for aaages so its worth it in the end.
I purchased this because I was going away on holiday to Croatia in the summer so it would be very hot and sunny. I have the tendancy to burn (plus i like to look after my skin and not get wrinkly!) so i decided i needed a better sun screen than my No7 spf 15 which would not be much good in the Croatian heat.
It doesn't irritate my skin (I have silly sensitive skin) plus it has a lovely colour to it. For those who don't like the tint to it, you would look really pale without it so surely it's a good thing?!!! It can act as a base for make-up. It's not as thick as foundation but it does leave a nice tint.
It's spf 40 which is very good, alongside a PHYSICAL sun block which is why I purchased it. And I didn't burn! Normally my nose and forehead go red but I didn't suffer at all.
If it leaves your face really oily you are using way too much. Of course yuou need it to cover your face but you don't need layer of it on.
I still use it now even for the winter. It makes my skin look really clear and dewy. I normally put on a little loose mineral power for a perfect flawless look :)
Good brand, good product. Will buy again :) x

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

I love this stuff, it's my HG sunscreen. I use it every day and would thoroughly recommend it. I'm on at least my fourth tube. Nice high SPF, goes on well, primes for foundation and even covers up my redness a bit. I'm not a big Clinique fan in general, but I love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Lukewarmluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm obsessed about sun protection and this stuff is awesome!
Don't rub it in too much, it gets cakey. And expect to have some color- if you're really tan you may look mime-like.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Impulse purchase on this product was a mistake. It makes my face look shiny and leaves a tacky feel. Grabs anything you put on top of it so you have a layered feeling. I use it around my eyes with a concealer brush and then blend concealer over, since I am unable to use it any other way. I should have just purchased a concealer that contained SPF. Maybe if you have dry skin you'll like this.

Update
Decided to try this again, only this time I apply it before anything else on a clean face. It seems to work better than the other times.Still find it tacky but at least I am using it up. Don't plan on repurchasing however.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by ascopes

this product (along with a lot of clinique products, broke me out badly. I used it for a week and broke out all over my forehead and cheeks. It's a shame because I liked the tint that the product had. There is clearly something in clinique's skincare that I am allergic too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted Clinique city block sheer SPF 25, which I have used before, but it was out of stock. The SA said that the Super City Block SPF 40 was the same, just with more SPF. It is not the same at all! The SPF 40 version is terrible and I wish I could return it. Half the time when I apply it, it rolls off my face.

I've tried it on bare skin, over moisturizer, over serums, over primers, used my fingers, a sponge, a brush, tried using it very sparingly and tried slathering it on. It doesn't sink in, but just sits on the surface like a pudding skin and if I try to pat it in or rub it in or whatever, it balls up and rolls off in flakes. What doesn't roll off falls into my pores making them look like white dots. I give up.

It's too bad because I love the tube packaging and like that it has a bit of tint and the high SPF. It could be a great all-in-one product, but I suspect there's something about the SPF 40 formulation that causes the balling/flaking. I do not have that problem with the city sheer SPF 25. Fortunately my SIL is taking this off my hands. Since it does work for some people I gave it a 2 rather than 1 lippie rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by maggie4makeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really liked this product. I use it as foundation, sorta. It provides great coverage, concealing most minor imperfections. I'd suggest you set it down horizontally after using it though. A lot comes out just by giving it a light squeeze. Overall I thought it was a great product, it was a bit oily for me though.