October 24, 2014 | 1131 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Palmers Olive Butter Formula

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by BethanyMurphy

This lotion leaves my skin feeling extremely soft with no greasiness. It sinks in quickly and moisturizes all day! The smell of it does not bother me at all and most lotion scents bother me... A lot of posters have talked about the scent- I found it to be light and not overpowering at all. Cheap, moisturizing and not smelly!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2007 9:46:00 PM More reviews by target123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lotion at Walmart. It comes with GWP olive concentrated cream. To be honest, both of them smell so chemical and fake. And they add color in this lotion which is not necessary. I don't like the smell and color, and the quality is just ok. Though the price is cheap, I won't buy again. My husband suggest me throw it away because he can't not stand the smell. I agree.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2007 10:57:00 AM More reviews by angel2247

First off, I have to say that the formula of this is amazing! However, I cannot get past the awful smell. It is so strong that it gives me a mini headache every time I use it on my hands. If this came in a different scent like cocoa or scent free, I would probably buy barrels of it and slather it on...but alas it smells horrible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 5:45:00 PM More reviews by lipcrazy

Olive oil does have many benefits, but the chronically greasy feeling it left me with had me on the search for a better formula. This lotion is very light, it was great for the spring and fall months, however did not provide enough moisture for the wnter months. What I found most offending was the smell, which thankfully was not like olives, but a fake chemical and flowery odor. It was enough to make me discontinue the use of the lotion, and I have yet to find a fragrance free version.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2006 6:14:00 AM More reviews by CarynNg

*This review is for the (Concentrated) Olive Butter Formula with Vitamin E* I loveee this product! It smells divine and really softened my uber-hard heels! I was using The Body Shop's Hemp Foot Cream before this, but it didn't really work for me. I switched to this after my Hemp cream ran out, and it took care of my massively cracked heels within two days (and an entire tub of Hemp Foot Cream couldn't do it!). It's cheap (about $4 AUD for 60g) so I'm not complaining. I was tempted to try "Foot Magic" before this, but my mum said it's pretty oily (works well for her really dry skin though) - I'll definitely repurchase this though!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2006 10:15:00 PM More reviews by pink_cosmos

This is great stuff. Its right up there with the expensive body lotions, high-end quality with a low-end price tag. This is the one I love most of out the palmers range. It smells lovely, it doesn't have the same cocoa butter smell that the original one has, but its nice nonetheless. Was actually a bit worried before I opened it that it would smell like olive oil (eww!) so phew! I love applying it, moisturises extremely well, absorbs quicly, leaves my skin soft and smooth without leaving a yucky film. The formula's not as thick as the original which is a bonus. Cheap too, got is for $7.50 AUD on special at Priceline, but RRP is about $11.95

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2006 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Katie4098

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! My sweet grandmother introduced me to it, and now I'm addicted. I use both formulas- the olive butter in the metal tin and the lotion in the pump bottle. I mainly like to use the butter on my feet at night, covered in cotton socks. It's really thick, and I put a ton on them but by morning it has all absorbed and my feet are soft and smooth. I use the lotion everywhere else on my body. It has a nice, fresh smell that blends well with all my perfumes, and it is a lighter consistency than the butter, so I don't feel greasy everywhere. It moisturizes so well, and my skin stays hydrated all day, unlike when I use some other lotions and end up with dry skin later in the day. The best part of all is the price! It's cheap, but it feels expensive. This stuff is the best!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2006 6:34:00 AM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this lotion. Ever since I can remember my upper arms have have been dry and have had like permanent goose bumps. This lotion with only 2 uses has all but made them disappear! The lightweight formula absorbs very well. I cannot stand the heavy forever wet formula's of some other heavy moisturizing lotions; Palmers' Olive Butter gives you major moisturizing and absorbs very quickly. It leaves my skin soft and supple for days. One of my new staples.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2006 8:16:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This olive formula lotion itself is OK (I do like Palmers products) but the scent in this one is WAY too strong for my liking right now. It's very perfumey/floral, and I'm glad I did not buy anything but the .99 cent trial bottle. Maybe my opinion will change, but for now it's too strong, and I cannot enjoy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2006 9:37:00 AM More reviews by chanelho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely light herbal aroma combined with very emollient lotion. I'm always on the look out for drugstore replacements that rival the high end stuff. I've paid loads more for L'Occitaine and others. Major winner for me.