April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot. It is not the best leave-in conditioner, but it does the job for a really reasonable price. If you have curly hair that is also damaged or dry, this will be great. If your hair tends to get weighed down by conditioner skip this one. I use it maybe once or twice a week, not everyday, as it is really moisturizing so there's no need to over do it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by taraarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Better suited for curly hair.

My hair is long and naturally straight, not too thick, but this just weighed it down with all the moisturizers in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by beboc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I mix about a quarter size dollop of this with a squirt of hair gel (LA Looks, the blue stuff....also super cheap) and apply to my wet hair. I have super curly, course, long, frizz prone hair. I have used this combination for going on 5 years now and I get at least one person per day telling me how beautiful my hair is. Super cheap and it works for me, what better advertisement can I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Thisismyusername0192

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This works SO much better than other leave-in conditioners! It leaves your hair smooth and soft, without making it super greasy. And, if it doesn't work for you, it's no big deal, because you only have to spend $3 on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by fairlyblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily hair, so I wasn't sure if this leave in conditioner was such a good idea. I bought it to try it, and even if I didnt like it, it's not like I payed $50 or something like that, it was about $3! I wash my hair with shampoo, and then apply conditioner on my ends, and then whatever is left i'll distribute throughout the rest of my hair. After I wrap my hair in a towel, I apply a dime size amount to my ends, then take whatever is left and apply it to the rest of my hair. This product did not make my hair oily. My hair is so smooth and soft, smells delicious, and is very shiny. The best part? It doesnt look greasy in the least! Then I can style as I like after I blowdry my hair. It was definitely worth the risk! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really, really love this stuff. Usually leave in conditioners make my hair look ditry adn feel rubbery but this one didn't.
I put it in when my hair is really wet or barely towel dried. I put in in once when it was a tad damp and it made my hair look and feel weird, kind of greasy at ends and spots of shine.
I use a gel over it and it looks great. My wild curls are smooth and defined. It also makes my hair super soft. I also can just wet my hands and run them through my hair the next day. This is really rare. Usually I have to rinse my hair in the shower and comb a conditioner through.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's okay. I was expecting more from it, and didn't get the results I wanted. It doesn't do much more than a regular conditioner. Won't repurchase. I will continue using it though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkieNut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I can't think of any other way to describe this product other than, well, just average. My thick hair eats up a LOT of it, which is fine because its only about $2.99 for a pretty decent sized bottle, but it really didn't do any further moisturizing for me. It's decent for if you really need it, but really won't do anything to improve your hairs condition.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ilikeegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

On Dry Hair:
Mixed results. Sometimes this will actually feel like it "conditions" my hair, it softens and makes it more manageable. More than often it will make it sticky, crunchy and the make strands of my hair seem permanently wet.

I don't like surprises so I do not use this product on dry hair. Neutrogena's leave in is the only good one I've found for dry hair.

Wet hair that is then blow dried:
Leaves my hair very soft and smooth at the ends.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this to help moisturize my dry hair. In addition to being dry, it's also very coarse and very long. It just drank up the conditioner, meaning I didn't get a lot of applications out of the bottle. I didn't notice a huge difference, but because it was cheap, and I didn't see negative results, I bought another bottle.

I think on my second bottle, I started to realize the cons of this product. It does smell nice, but it's a synthetic fruity, sugar smell. And it does hydrate initially, but once my hair dries, it goes back to feeling dry. It doesn't defrizz, or smooth my hair, and it weighs it down. Getting it out of the bottle is a challenge and getting it onto my waist length hair evenly is a difficult!

I won't buy another bottle because I simply don't see it's usefulness. I know others have had better results, but for me, it just might be better to deep condition once a week, and resume my search for a leave-in conditioner that works better for me!