October 20, 2014 | 2088 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by schoenl

Growing up in Germany, I have used this cream on and off all through my teens. Helps with eczema, heals little cuts and scrapes, including little oozing wounds after squeezing a pimple. I usually would put a small amount on a little, square shaped band-aid and then leave it on a pimple/scar over night.. In the morning, only a little red dot would remind me of the blemish. This cream is really great for all those using retinol containing creams or receiving chemical/physical peels, as they tend to irritate skin.

A tip for all those who think this cream is overpriced... Get the Zinc Oxide cream for Baby Butt rashes... They're essentially the same product, may be a little bit less creamy and more white. I promise, you won't regret it! What heels sensitive and adorable baby butt rashes, will do wonder to any part of you body;-) LOL And, it is dirt cheep in comparison - starting at 4-8 $ for a huge amount. I like the one by Johnson & Johnson. Good luck trying it out!

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by LemonCitron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG if I could give this stuff 5 bajillion stars I would. I use this as an everyday winter face moisturizer. My skin loves this stuff so much. At first I broke out a couple places but I just kept up with it and now it doesn't break me out and it actually heals my zits SO much faster. The price is pretty decent too. Lasts a couple months so $20 isn't bad at all. I also use this on my feet to keep them soft. I love this stuff so much. Highly recommended!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by bindi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely saved my eyelids. For some reason I started getting red sunburned itchy swollen eyelids, dermatologist could not understand why. It took 3 weeks for the allergy to disappear and seeing as it happened on a monthly basis it was hell...... I tried every cream I could think of..then I tried thisand wayhay 3 weeks looking like my husband hit me was reduced to 6 days...theres nothing else to say..its a wonder cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by onestbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product! It is not that expensive, rather at normal drugstore prices, and for me with my very sensitive skin (which used to have acne when I was a young teenager) it is a perfect product to use from now and then when my skin feels a little bit itchy, irritated or simply when it lacks of glow. I don't use it as an everyday mosturizer and especially NOT under makeup since this cream is very heavy and very white (because it has zinc in it). I simply use it before bedtime about once a week or sometimes even less often. In the morning, my skin feels soft, smooth and is cleared out of redness. I don't really know how skin that has problems with big pores would react on this cream, since I only have problems with spots and breakouts. But for anyone who has a rather acne-prone and sensitive skin, I would definitely recommend this cream!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by mamazmeilor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sorry to contradict the other reviewers, but for me this cream did absolutely nothing - I has a small irritation on my chin and it did nothing for it, except drying the skin even more. I also tried to use it as a cuticle cream as a reviewer suggested, but also I didn't noticed any results. Too expensive for what it delivers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG! Heals and soothes traumatized skin from over exfoliation and sunburn like nothing else. The white cream is light and tones down the red so I could go about my day without self-consciousness. Better than antibacterial greasy creams. It works on any and all irritation, from pimple to razor burn. Can't recommend strongly enough!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by voicelessadrasteia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing healing product. I didn't think that it would help much with acne, and I was right. It's not specifically designed for that, it's for restoring skin and such. Although, it did seem to decrease the number and severity of acne during the night/day. It makes your skin feel so fresh and smooth after using it, not to mention your skin has a healthy glow! Avene never fails me, and this is just another fantastic thing they have produced. Highly recommended to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by SL2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful healing cream. I originally bought it to soothe some
persistent dermatitus on my neck. Within a few days, combined with the Avene Extremely gentle cleanser, the rash, which had not even responded to hydrocortizone, had virtually disappeared. I also find it very effective in healing spots and wounds, the damaged skin quickly closing up and then flaking away. It is very economical - you need so little that the tube will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by luvmejoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an early review but I'm certain I won't need to update it as the effects are incredible after the first use. Let me explain my situation. I'm 22 and got chicken pox a week and a half ago. The itching has stopped but I'm full of scabs. The ones on my face are healing much faster than the ones on my body and I only have a few left.
Yesterday, I accidentally pulled off the biggest scab I had on my face, which left me with a pretty large raw spot. I panicked and asked my mom to go to the drugstore and ask for anything that would prevent a permanent scar. She came home with this.
I am normally very skeptic when it comes to wonder creams but this .... it's like a miracle in a tube. I put a glob of this cream right on the raw flesh. I felt nothing, no itching, no irritation even though I was expecting that. It took a good 4 hours, maybe more, for the cream to sink in.
Today I woke up and, drumroll please, the wound closed! The crater in my face is closed! It's like it magically created extra skin! Now I have no doubt that my face and body will remain scar free after this terrible illness. I was close to tears when I saw a big hole in my cheek now I'm close to tears of happiness I can't believe a cream can do so much after just one use!
I don't think I would ever need to repurchase since it's such a big tube but if I ever ran out, yes, I'd repurchase. It's an amazing product and the price is reasonable, 14$ for 40ml.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by fancy77

This product is truly amazing! It saved my skin all over my body and not only my face. I think people are a little confused about this product. It's not a cream to be used as a day/night cream but a restorative skin cream. It's like polysporin, but 100 times better and with more uses. It's to spot treat cuts or burns to the skin.. cuts or scrapes are healed in days. Use it after skin treatments such as laser skin rejuvenation or laser hair removal...any redness will disappear. Use it to spot treat pimples when they are healing or scabby. I've used it on a hive or rash and it calmed and removed the redness. I have a million ways to use this cream and it worked wonders every time. A little also goes a long way...my tube lasts forever!
p.s. check out the instruction of use for this product and use it correctly!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No