April 18, 2014 | 1811 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by voicelessadrasteia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing healing product. I didn't think that it would help much with acne, and I was right. It's not specifically designed for that, it's for restoring skin and such. Although, it did seem to decrease the number and severity of acne during the night/day. It makes your skin feel so fresh and smooth after using it, not to mention your skin has a healthy glow! Avene never fails me, and this is just another fantastic thing they have produced. Highly recommended to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by SL2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful healing cream. I originally bought it to soothe some
persistent dermatitus on my neck. Within a few days, combined with the Avene Extremely gentle cleanser, the rash, which had not even responded to hydrocortizone, had virtually disappeared. I also find it very effective in healing spots and wounds, the damaged skin quickly closing up and then flaking away. It is very economical - you need so little that the tube will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by luvmejoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an early review but I'm certain I won't need to update it as the effects are incredible after the first use. Let me explain my situation. I'm 22 and got chicken pox a week and a half ago. The itching has stopped but I'm full of scabs. The ones on my face are healing much faster than the ones on my body and I only have a few left.
Yesterday, I accidentally pulled off the biggest scab I had on my face, which left me with a pretty large raw spot. I panicked and asked my mom to go to the drugstore and ask for anything that would prevent a permanent scar. She came home with this.
I am normally very skeptic when it comes to wonder creams but this .... it's like a miracle in a tube. I put a glob of this cream right on the raw flesh. I felt nothing, no itching, no irritation even though I was expecting that. It took a good 4 hours, maybe more, for the cream to sink in.
Today I woke up and, drumroll please, the wound closed! The crater in my face is closed! It's like it magically created extra skin! Now I have no doubt that my face and body will remain scar free after this terrible illness. I was close to tears when I saw a big hole in my cheek now I'm close to tears of happiness I can't believe a cream can do so much after just one use!
I don't think I would ever need to repurchase since it's such a big tube but if I ever ran out, yes, I'd repurchase. It's an amazing product and the price is reasonable, 14$ for 40ml.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by fancy77

This product is truly amazing! It saved my skin all over my body and not only my face. I think people are a little confused about this product. It's not a cream to be used as a day/night cream but a restorative skin cream. It's like polysporin, but 100 times better and with more uses. It's to spot treat cuts or burns to the skin.. cuts or scrapes are healed in days. Use it after skin treatments such as laser skin rejuvenation or laser hair removal...any redness will disappear. Use it to spot treat pimples when they are healing or scabby. I've used it on a hive or rash and it calmed and removed the redness. I have a million ways to use this cream and it worked wonders every time. A little also goes a long way...my tube lasts forever!
p.s. check out the instruction of use for this product and use it correctly!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by shandwork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sorry I really wanted to like this product. The texture felt like for sure this is going to be soothing. Instead it caused burning and irritation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product for burning,tight,stinging,scaly and flaky skin.Does work alot better than polysporin and its more moisturizing.Will keep on using this product when needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Andrujka

I started using this one week ago; tried Bioderma Sebium AI and i broke out had about 5 cystic spots, my face was red, irritated and peeling - worst ever.

First weekend: avene cleanance gel,avene thermal water and Avene Cicalfate twice a day, before bed Bioderma Sebium H2o before this cream. The next morning i could already see some results, skin was still red, but looked more healhty. I could'n see any effects for the 5 cystic pustules, neither good nor bad.

I find this cream rich and heavy, so i can't used in the morning if i have to go out that day, so for the next week i've combined Cicalfate with Diacneal for spot treatment and Aderma Epitheliale AH - regenerating cream in the mornings.

The results are AMAZING after a week. Yes. Amazing.
My skin looks so much healthier, old acne scars are already fading. Combine this with Diacneal for spot treatments and you will be amazed of the results.

My skin is very sensitive to heavy texture creams, when i saw how greasy this is, I was 90% sure it's gonna give me red little bumps. But didn't happened. I've applied a generous thick layer of this on my skin - still with no problems. This is definitely my night cream from now on.

About the price: this costs about half the price of Avene Hydrance Optimale Legere i was using before.

Bottom line: great price, hydrating and regenerating.
I highly recommend using this every day, not only for spots, for the entire face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Helenaray

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a YES and NO product for me. I tried so hard to convince myself to like it. In general, I love Avene products.

I had redness on my skin, so I put Avene spray, then,put this product on for one week. It got drier and felt more painful.

However, it was helpful around my nose. My pores are invisible now. I am very impressed. I am thinking that this cream is helpful for my T-zone.

I will update later. I have to see how my opinion changes when I finish the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by thebonita

My skintype: Very sensitive, reactive and dermatitis-prone. Acne/clog-prone.

This has been a true staple for me for years now. This has seriously saved my skin so many times. After two courses of Accutane, my skin has become really, seriously, depressingly sensitive. I'm pretty much unable to use any actives at the moment. Anyway, let me start off with a little story that will hopefully demonstrate how this cream is incredibly healing for me, hopefully without going way off topic! :)

I usually experience a lot of hairfall when I diet, so being the silly person that I am, in an act of desperation, I bought this really expensive herbal solution you're supposed to apply topically to the scalp to help with hairloss. Anyway, so one day I decided to give the solution a whirl....I applied it all over my scalp and because it's a liquid it started running down my face. I tried to wipe it quickly. Soon after, the traces of where the solution streaked on my face turned RED...as in, BEET RED. My face started swelling up, my lips started puffing up. I was horrified so I jumped into the shower to wash the damned thing off my head and face but when I came out, my face was WORSE....it was now on my hands, neck, it looked so very scary. In a fit of absolute terror, trying not to hyperventilate, I decided I was going to wait an hour to see if it gets better before I head to emergency. I applied a really thick layer of Avene Cicalfate ALL over my face, neck and hands and then lay down, immobile...waiting for the time to pass. An hour later, I wiped the Cicalfate off from a section of my face to find my skin had calmed down, dramatically!....3 hours later my face was back to it's normal state. I was ecstatic!!!

Don't expect this cream to be cosmetically elegant. It's far from that. It's thick, greasy and white but it's not supposed to be a daily thing. Honestly, this stuff works for me much better than hydrocortisone. It has 45% avene thermal spring water which is incredibly soothing and calming, I use the water on its own, another staple of mine.

This cream never breaks me out, in fact, I find it helps heal blemishes....afterall, it's an antibacterial cream owing to the copper and zinc salts in it. I also find it very moisturizing.

$24.95 for a 40 ml tube. Lasts a very long time!

Ingredients: Emulsion E/H, Zn 4% oxide, Zn 0,1% sulphate, Cu 0,2% sulphate, sucralfate 1%, thermal spring of Avène 45%, excipients qsp 100%. INCI formula: Avene water, caprylic/capric triglyceride, Paraffinum liquidum, glycerin, hydrogenated vegetable oil, zinc oxide, propylene glycol, polyglyceryl-2 sesquiisostearate, PEG-22/dodecyl glycol copolymer, aluminium sucrose octasulfate, aluminium stearate, Cera alba, copper sulphate, magnesium stearate, magnesium sulphate, will cera microcristallina, zinc sulphates.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by badchix84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does this stuff actually work? I'm not so sure if it does. I went to this high-end drugstore one day because I needed something to alleviate my staph/impetigo scars and scratches I got. A nice, helpful lady gave me a generous sample so my skin could get better within a couple weeks. I'm on day 11 on this stuff, and although I am getting better, I can't honestly say that it's because of this cream. I've been surfing the internet high and low to find reviews on this product and about 98% of them are raving about it. The other 2 percent say that it doesn't really work...I'm beginning to believe that it doesn't.
When I looked through the website, I saw the before (Day 1) and after (Day 14) pics of the skin injuries...being on Day 11, I can tell you I am FAR from looking like the effects reported on Day 14. Anyone who would be looking at my face might think I should be on Day 5 or 7. Not only is this product slightly disappointing, but it's also really difficult to find in the states (since it's a European product) and it's pricey ($23 USD for a skinny, small tube)! Anyway, I'm still getting better, but I think by the time my sample runs out, I'm just going to regularly moisturize and use sunblock until the scars fade off and scratches heal on their own.

Update after 15 days: Okay, I'm really not impressed with the results. Ladies, do yourself a favor and invest in a cheaper alternative such as Neosporin or Aquaphor. Better yet, try an oil-free moisturizer packed with sunscreen over buying this stuff. The key to healing your skin is to moisturize like an OCD maniac and protect your skin from the sun, not spend it on expensive creams/lotions that take a while to work (I obviously need to listen to my common sense more).