Vaseline Vaseline - Pure Petroleum Jelly

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum

I just wrote a review for Vaseline's foray into the self-tanning moisturizer market, and that prompted me to come here and weigh in on vaseline as a makeup remover. And yes, it's really that good--just keep your lids closed nice and tight. Everything comes off quickly, without tugging or irritation.

Moreover, like the reviewer below attests, leaving a thin film of vaseline around the eye area acts as a fantastic moisturizer and wrinkle preventer. It also makes a passable eyeshadow adhesive. The subtle shine it leaves is also like a down-home highlighter too.

I use a generic petroleum jelly and only in a squeeze tube for portability and sanitation reasons.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Ladies, I am here to testify that as a 50-something year-old, I have used almost nothing but Vaseline to remove my eye makeup for about 40 years and it has worked miracles!

I stumbled on to it when I was in my early teens because my skin is so sensitive that everything else that was available then (back in the olden days, you know!) either gave me a rash, spots or hives. I experimented with the most inert substances I could think of, including Crisco (yuk), vegetable oil, and others I've forgotten. Vaseline worked the best for me.

As I got older, I started leaving a light film of it on my eye area when I went to bed as a moisturizer. To this day I have no crow's feet at all, and only the very tiniest of lines under the outside corners, that you can only see when I am very tired, all of which I give the Vaseline full credit for. I have never used any other eye creams or had any treatments of any sort. People always have trouble guessing my age because that's usually where they look first.

I'd say that after 40 years, if there were going to be any negative effects, I'd know by now! I realize that there are some who can't tolerate petroleum jelly, but I think that many could save a lot of money on eye treatment products by going to Costco and buying a big old tub of Vasoline!

im really not over the fact that this beauty staple could be one of the most effective eye make up removers around. imagine all the money you can save. before you even purchase and look for a good make up remover, try to grab a tub of this from your bathroom or dresser and use it to remove your eye make up. there's no harm in trying, you might even thank me for it :)

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I use vaseline all the time for various reason - moisturising my lips. dry skin patches etc. I read somewhere to use it as eye makeup remover so i tried it since i've been on a hunt for an oil based makeup remover to take off the waterproof stuff i wear (liquid last eye liner and lancome mascara). Vaseline works great because i dont have to rub too hard (i do rub though but it's gentle enough) and it gets it all off (reminds me of MACs Cleanse Off Oil). The only thing that bugs is that i wash my face with a gentle cleanser afterwards but still can't seem to get it completely off my eyes. The next morning i can still feel a film of vaseline on my lashes. It's not bad, just a tad annoying. Any tips on how to get it comepletely off? Anyway, it definitely does the job and it's great for traveling, plus it's a multi purpose product!! WoOt!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It takes everything off but the weight of your wallet.

Wow! I'm so glad I read these reviews! I was having the hardest time removing Sky High Curves WP, and had tried my regular L'Oreal remover and then some cream remover. L'Oreal worked, but I had to rub until my eyes got red and I lost tons of lashes. The cream remover didn't even work a bit. Oh, and I also tried baby oil, didn't work either. I didn't want to throw the mascara away, because I really like how it makes my eye lashes look, so I was looking for a good makeup remover when I found vaseline. I read the reviews and decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did! It works like magic!I only needed the tiniest amount, and 2 of those pressed cotton removers. All the mascara was gone, without rubbing, no red eyes and no loss of lashes. And a great thing too, it was so cheap! I'll use this stuff forever now.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Well I tried this to remove my eyeshadow and my waterproof mascara and it works! As another member said all you have to do is put the vaseline on your eyelids, swirl it around a little and the wipe off. I used a paper towel to wipe the eye makeup off and I did it twice and it's ALL gone. Yippie! : -)

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Best eyemakeup remover around. Put a bit on a cotton bud for clean ups.