August 1, 2014 | 1962 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Big Fatty Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely hated this product on my lashes! I got it as a gift so I have kept it and on it's own it makes my lashes look clumpy and uneven, like I've been crying! I have used it over other mascaras and it works much better, but it's so goopy and hard to manage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the "new and improved" big fatty mascara, I've never tried the original or "vintage" version of it. Anyway, the formula is very wet and the brush, of course, is big. The brush I love, my lashes instantly look volumized, full and beautiful. It gives me the works. However, because the formula is so wet this mascara very easily smudges, even when dry. My biggest problem with it however is the fact that it is impossible to get off, even with my lancome bi facil eye make up remover. It literally takes days to get completely off. Would I buy it again? Heck no!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Pooks333

I have long lashes so I need volume & decided to try this mascara. It did little for me by way of volume, and I had to appy several coats to get even some volume, which resulted in a somewhat clumpy look.
It did not flake it stayed on well but when I went to remove it using my preferred method of facial cleanser & water it WOULD NOT come off.
Looking at the package I see why - the 2nd and 3rd ingredients are paraffin and beeswax.
I had to resort to using eye makeup remover with qtips (which I hate to do as I feel I lose lashes every time) so although it is not shown as waterproof on the package, it requires too much time and icky cream on your eyes to remove. I will not buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by princesshorn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Average mascara. Bad for Urban Decay, but it's not bad altogether. I bought it for only 5 dollars on sale so I'm not going to complain, I'd buy it again for that price for sure, but never the original 20 dollars.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Nope, nope, nope. Horrible UD product considering about 99% of their products are fabulous. Made my lashes clumpy beyond belief. Couldn't wait to throw this one out... I wish they'd atually discontinue this and product a better mascara in its place.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by kryquinn

Overall I hate this mascara. I'm obsessed with mascara so I'm constantly trying new things and this one was a bust, luckily I got in on sale! The formula doesn't do anything for me. Contrary to other reviews I've read it's too runny and then when it finally starts to show up on my lashes it just clumps them all together and I end up having four really fat lashes. Clumping lashes together is not "volumizing" which is what I was hoping for from this mascara. It's definitely not a volumizing mascara nor is it lengthening, it really doesn't do anything actually. Also, I find the pigmentation is pretty weak, it's not the blackest mascara I've had. I've tried using this mascara so many different ways and nothing has worked. Compared to others in it's price range it's complete crap. I've used it with primer, I've used it with other mascaras as the base or the top coat or whatever just to get something out of it and NOTHING! It sucks, would never buy again. The only good thing is that you get a fairly large amount of product I think it's 16 or 17 ml worth.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

Alright, to state the obvious first: The packaging is adorable. To state the next obvious, it's Urban Decay ergo it's on the expensive side. With that aside, it is a pretty decent mascara. The brush is huge, and it does give lashes a really good amount of volume. However, the formula is really oddly thick and drys out really fast. I didn't have problems with the mascara crumbling while it was on, but because its so dry and thick it makes it harder to apply. I've used it many times in the past and a good experience with it, but I've found other mascaras in the price rage that work much better. It's not a bad product, but definitely not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by PRINCESSASHTONBRO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love love love this! I always use it last On my lashes and it makes them look fuller and more volumized!! Would buy this product again, but way too expensive for a 14 year old!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Victorialanette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

When i first bought this i bought it for the packaging and ill admit i was disappointed at first, to me drug store mascaras always work better but once i had ran out i had no choice but to use this since it was all i had left. Im a mascara freak i load in layers and layers and layers of macara and with this the more i put on the better it worked. I didnt even have to use my eyelash curler because it curled them all by itsef, would i buy it again mabye i havent decided yet but its not too bad and its lasted me for a while. The downside was that its not very good for people who just want toput on a coat or two and go, you gotta really work at it to get where you wanna be.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by iodine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never expect much from mascara. I've used Diorshow and Lancome's finest for most of my adult life, so I guess I'm spoiled. DS mascaras have been tried and found wanting. I scored this on sale at Hautelook and didn't expect much. I was SO suprised. I am accustomed to a big brush, but not tiny amounts of mascara on a brush so that you Must apply several coats. And with each coat, you get just the right amout to make it thicker and a bigger curl. I'm in love. For the very first time in (wow, many, many) years, I'm impressed and felt like the lashes actually looked false. Wow!