Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara

2.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/29/2012 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I honestly don't know why nobody but me seems to like this mascara. It is truly among the best I've ever found. Secret to getting good coverage is to tip the end with product back into the tube to get less on wand. I start at the base of my lashes and wiggle to ends. Perfect every time. No clumping, and it's very full coverage. My lashes have never looked better. It makes me second guess the ratings on this blog, because I'm not nuts and this is a great product.

on 11/2/2012 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this product in a two pack at Sephora because I wanted to try something new and boy oh boy.. did I regret it!! It burned my eyes so bad every single time I wore it &it was very dry &it clumped. I kept trying to make it work but I just couldn't. The packaging is very eye catching but the product itself was no good, at least for me it wasn't.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was so exited to try this & I love the packaging ( I am a sucker for packaging) and then when I actually tried it I was soooo disappointed. This mascara didn't do anything for me. I really wanted to like it, but it was just so impossible. Don't waste your money on this. If your looking for a high end mascara try diorshow, that's a showstopper!

on 10/14/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to try out a high end mascara so i i bought the big fatty from urban decay, it says that it makes lashes super thick and long so i was excited to use it but once i tried it out it was really black which i liked and it was a pretty big tube but honestly it didnt do much for my lashes but honestly its because my lashes are already not that great but i was expecting something better just because of the price and the brand, if you have decent lashes give it a try but if youre looking for something to really give them a boost then just pass!

on 10/1/2012 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I found this mascara really dry, and it didn't really do much. I tried to put on another coat to remedy this, but it was too dry to add another already...No bueno :( super cute packaging though! i'm a sucker for packaging!

on 9/15/2012 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Pros : separates lashes really well and does not clump at all, looks really good and natural on bottom lashes
Cons: not volumizing at all, expensive

So bottom line is it gives a very natural look but I like my lashes big and voluminous, I got it for 5 $ when UD was having a sale and its okay for a 5 $ mascara, any drugstore mascara would give better results, unless you like very natural look lashes. Would not pay 20 $ for this.

on 8/28/2012 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the "new and improved" big fatty mascara, I've never tried the original or "vintage" version of it. Anyway, the formula is very wet and the brush, of course, is big. The brush I love, my lashes instantly look volumized, full and beautiful. It gives me the works. However, because the formula is so wet this mascara very easily smudges, even when dry. My biggest problem with it however is the fact that it is impossible to get off, even with my lancome bi facil eye make up remover. It literally takes days to get completely off. Would I buy it again? Heck no!

on 8/26/2012 1:40:00 PM

I have long lashes so I need volume & decided to try this mascara. It did little for me by way of volume, and I had to appy several coats to get even some volume, which resulted in a somewhat clumpy look.
It did not flake it stayed on well but when I went to remove it using my preferred method of facial cleanser & water it WOULD NOT come off.
Looking at the package I see why - the 2nd and 3rd ingredients are paraffin and beeswax.
I had to resort to using eye makeup remover with qtips (which I hate to do as I feel I lose lashes every time) so although it is not shown as waterproof on the package, it requires too much time and icky cream on your eyes to remove. I will not buy this product again.

on 8/21/2012 5:37:00 PM

Average mascara. Bad for Urban Decay, but it's not bad altogether. I bought it for only 5 dollars on sale so I'm not going to complain, I'd buy it again for that price for sure, but never the original 20 dollars.

on 7/19/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nope, nope, nope. Horrible UD product considering about 99% of their products are fabulous. Made my lashes clumpy beyond belief. Couldn't wait to throw this one out... I wish they'd atually discontinue this and product a better mascara in its place.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products