November 24, 2014 | 1257 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Big Fatty Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by laurasteph24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try out a high end mascara so i i bought the big fatty from urban decay, it says that it makes lashes super thick and long so i was excited to use it but once i tried it out it was really black which i liked and it was a pretty big tube but honestly it didnt do much for my lashes but honestly its because my lashes are already not that great but i was expecting something better just because of the price and the brand, if you have decent lashes give it a try but if youre looking for something to really give them a boost then just pass!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this mascara really dry, and it didn't really do much. I tried to put on another coat to remedy this, but it was too dry to add another already...No bueno :( super cute packaging though! i'm a sucker for packaging!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Farunka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros : separates lashes really well and does not clump at all, looks really good and natural on bottom lashes
Cons: not volumizing at all, expensive

So bottom line is it gives a very natural look but I like my lashes big and voluminous, I got it for 5 $ when UD was having a sale and its okay for a 5 $ mascara, any drugstore mascara would give better results, unless you like very natural look lashes. Would not pay 20 $ for this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely hated this product on my lashes! I got it as a gift so I have kept it and on it's own it makes my lashes look clumpy and uneven, like I've been crying! I have used it over other mascaras and it works much better, but it's so goopy and hard to manage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the "new and improved" big fatty mascara, I've never tried the original or "vintage" version of it. Anyway, the formula is very wet and the brush, of course, is big. The brush I love, my lashes instantly look volumized, full and beautiful. It gives me the works. However, because the formula is so wet this mascara very easily smudges, even when dry. My biggest problem with it however is the fact that it is impossible to get off, even with my lancome bi facil eye make up remover. It literally takes days to get completely off. Would I buy it again? Heck no!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Pooks333

I have long lashes so I need volume & decided to try this mascara. It did little for me by way of volume, and I had to appy several coats to get even some volume, which resulted in a somewhat clumpy look.
It did not flake it stayed on well but when I went to remove it using my preferred method of facial cleanser & water it WOULD NOT come off.
Looking at the package I see why - the 2nd and 3rd ingredients are paraffin and beeswax.
I had to resort to using eye makeup remover with qtips (which I hate to do as I feel I lose lashes every time) so although it is not shown as waterproof on the package, it requires too much time and icky cream on your eyes to remove. I will not buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by princesshorn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Average mascara. Bad for Urban Decay, but it's not bad altogether. I bought it for only 5 dollars on sale so I'm not going to complain, I'd buy it again for that price for sure, but never the original 20 dollars.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Nope, nope, nope. Horrible UD product considering about 99% of their products are fabulous. Made my lashes clumpy beyond belief. Couldn't wait to throw this one out... I wish they'd atually discontinue this and product a better mascara in its place.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by kryquinn

Overall I hate this mascara. I'm obsessed with mascara so I'm constantly trying new things and this one was a bust, luckily I got in on sale! The formula doesn't do anything for me. Contrary to other reviews I've read it's too runny and then when it finally starts to show up on my lashes it just clumps them all together and I end up having four really fat lashes. Clumping lashes together is not "volumizing" which is what I was hoping for from this mascara. It's definitely not a volumizing mascara nor is it lengthening, it really doesn't do anything actually. Also, I find the pigmentation is pretty weak, it's not the blackest mascara I've had. I've tried using this mascara so many different ways and nothing has worked. Compared to others in it's price range it's complete crap. I've used it with primer, I've used it with other mascaras as the base or the top coat or whatever just to get something out of it and NOTHING! It sucks, would never buy again. The only good thing is that you get a fairly large amount of product I think it's 16 or 17 ml worth.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

Alright, to state the obvious first: The packaging is adorable. To state the next obvious, it's Urban Decay ergo it's on the expensive side. With that aside, it is a pretty decent mascara. The brush is huge, and it does give lashes a really good amount of volume. However, the formula is really oddly thick and drys out really fast. I didn't have problems with the mascara crumbling while it was on, but because its so dry and thick it makes it harder to apply. I've used it many times in the past and a good experience with it, but I've found other mascaras in the price rage that work much better. It's not a bad product, but definitely not worth the price.