September 16, 2014 | 1747 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by bbyou9

This is a very lovely mascara. I think the formula of mascara itself is very nice and luxurious-feeling-- it really glides onto your lashes. However I think the brush clumps up my lashes after about 2 coats. I will finish the bottle but will certainly not repurchase...The brush leaves something to be desired and, though it could be worse, it's definitely not worth the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by 13each13um

I am a bit confused over all the recent stellar reviews, yet the overall rating is just a bit over 3 stars. I have a mini version of this mascara (included in the Sephora Favorites Lash Stash To-Go) and I tried to use it for several days to give it the benefit of a doubt, but my conclusion is still the same. I would only use it to separate my lashes after using another mascara first. By itself it doesn't seem to do much for my lashes (I have med. length, med. body, dark lashes). It just looks like any basic black mascara on my lashes. No length or volume per se. When I did try to layer it (apply multiple coats), it just seemed to create "spider legs." Clumpy, I guess? And not very amazing at all. Oh well, like I said, it's pretty good for using behind another mascara, but not so much by itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

I wonder what rock I have been living under since it took me so long to try this mascara, which has quickly become my favorite of all time (and that is saying a great deal, since I test new mascaras out nearly every three months, and my search has included both low and high-end brands). Definicils (the non-waterproof version) provides exactly what its names implies: definition. It leaves my lashes ridiculously long, very separated, and inky black (I chose the Very Black shade, since my coloring is darker). I don't use more than two coats, otherwise I start venturing into false-lash territory, which is not the best everyday look for me personally. As for volume, I also find it satisfying in that department, even though this is not the most volumizing mascara I have ever used. After several uses, the mascara has not dried up or created annoying clumps on my lashes. It also does not smudge or run at all. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who favors defined, very long lashes...it delivers on its name and is worth every penny. I will certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by leanndemetro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love love love! I have very long, disgustingly straight lashes. I have to curl the heck out of my lashes every morning and use a waterproof mascara to make my lashes stay put, but with this product I'm in heaven! Waterproof mascara is horrible for lashes long term so being 18, I wanted to use something that wouldn't make me lash-less by the time I was 30. I was introduced to this product through a friend of my mothers, I curl my lashes like crazy (as always) but I just put a tiny bit of waterproof mascara on the root of my lashes then use lancome non waterproof definicils mascara all over my lashes. It elongates, separates and make my lashes beautiful without making them heavy or too dramatic. very light and perfect for those who don't like clumpy lashes (everyone.) I've used this product for about 10 months now and I'm almost on my 3rd bottle, I can't get enough! NO complaints! (except price, but it's worth it!)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 6:30:00 AM More reviews by ChubbyBunny3698

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down Lancome. If you are looking for a mascara that separates and lengthens your lashes evenly, this mascara is for you. This mascara is known for it's natural look it provides and the staying power, which is very good and promising. If you looking for a mascara that provide more volumizing and thickening effect, sorry girlfriend, this mascara might not be the one for you. I started buying Lancome Definicils Precious Cell about a year ago, after lots of unsuccessful and unsatisfactory trials of many drugstore mascara, I decided to try some department store ones. Once I wondered around the department store and then a kind lady from the Lancome counter just asked if I was after something in particular. I asked for a simple mascara that I can wear to school without worrying that it would flake, clump, smudge and look awfully heavy and unnatural. She seriously recommend this mascara, and here I'm today recommending this mascara to you beautiful people out there of this awesome mascara. That was the day my life of my short, brittle asian lashes changed..this mascara have seriously done WONDERS for my lashes.

The main benefit:
•Regenerates the condition of lashes
•Lenghtens, defines and coates lash by lash evenly with any clumping whatsoever.
•Ophthalmologist-tested and suitable for contact lens wearers
•Made from geniune precious plant cells extracts and Hyaluronic acid for hydrating and nourishing lashes.
•Contains Arginine acid and Madecassoside for nourishing, stenghtening and growth properties. (Which help to make your lashes grow and became less brittle.)
•Comes in two colour choice: brown or black
•Also, now comes in a waterproof formula, for even more longlasting, waterproof, tearproof, sweatproof formula.

Packaging:
Out of all my mascara I have bought and seen, Lancome is just one of those mascara that the packaging is so beautiful, you would want to keep it even when you finished the mascara (maybe that's me only, lol). The packaging is absolutely classy and sexy, yet simple, black with gold written. The mascara comes in a rectangular black mascara tube, which isn't too wide (yes, Covergirl LastBlast, I'm looking at you.) I will always give extra points for exciting and fun packagings.

On my lashes:
The bristle of this mascara is designed in hedgehog pattern, with even amount of space between each bristle to help the mascara formula to glide on better, and because of the design of the brush itself, the mascara formula is evenly distributed onto the lashes. This might sound overdone by, it's like apply butter on my lashes, super smooth and consistence. The mascara formula doesn't dry out to fast, so there will be more chance to fix and mistake, and not to wet, that you will look like a panda. Just right!

Ingredients:
Water/Aqua, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal/Acacia, Beeswax/Cera Alba, Carnauba Wax/Carnauba, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Carmine/CI 75470, Iron Oxides/ CI 77490, CI 77491, CI 77499, Chromium Hydroxide Green/CI 77289, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ultramarines/CI 77007, B4177/1

I don't think you can really find that many benefits in one simple mascara these day. Maybe there are, but Lancome wouldn't disappoint. Definicils Precious Cells was the first Lancome mascara I brought, I wore the mascara to school, and yes Lancome didn't disappoint, the result was amazing. The mascara didn't fade, clump or flake for 7 hrs straight, until I removed it. The brush doesn't feel very hard or awkward to use, very comfortable to hold and use.The cost is expensive but it is absolute worth it. I really recommend this mascara to those that have thin, short and brittle lashes. GO OUT AND TRY IT..I PROMISE YOU, YOU WON'T REGRET IT FOR SURE~

Price- AUS $52 regular retail price
Would I repurchase- YES, YES, YES..in fact, this had me wanting to try other Lancome mascara...LANCOME, YOU HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked this product for a while. When the tube is new, this mascara does a beautiful job lengthening and separating lashes. Once it gets older, it's just not very good. I don't like spending this much money on a product that only has a (good) shelf life of a couple of weeks. Drugstore varieties are cheaper and just as effective over the long haul. Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by meumar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is pretty much my go to mascara along with Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes.

I already have quite thick, long dark lashes, so I like my mascara to look natural and not clump - this mascara achieves that look.

If you like the look of natural lashes, then give this a try - though it is expensive for a mascara, unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by louisamakeup

This is my go-to mascara, I love it. It doesn't clump which is perfect, and it makes my lashes look very natural and beautiful. This is more of the lengthening type of mascara rather than a volumizing. I already have long eyelashes and it doesn't make my lashes look shorter, which I find that certain mascaras do. I don't really like my lashes to look very volumized so if that's the look you want to achieve, this might not be for you. I gave it a 4/5 just because SOMETIMES it does kind of flake or whatever you call it, but it's not a problem if it's not a bit dried out though.

Sorry if my English isn't perfect, haha i'm not English ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Crystalgentzyel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a Lancôme mascara fan and I have used this mascara for years the only change up I do is I use it with the hypnose. I know it is a bit pricey, but it is so worth it. I am constantly being asked if I'm wearing false lashes. The hypnose provides volume and separation and the definicils gives me the length. It never smears, clumps or looks spidery.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Summary: I purchased this in a Lancome set because I really wanted their eyelash curler and this mascara just happened to be included. Though Lancome is one of my favorite brands, I've never been fond of their mascaras because the first one I tried was such a nightmare I vowed to never buy one again. But when I received this in the mail from Nordstrom I thought, "what the heck, I'll give it a try." The mascara brush is thin, the bristles are very short, and it comes to a slight point. I didn't think I'd like the mascara when I first saw the wand, but I've actually come to like this mascara. It's not waterproof, so I knew there was no hope for it to be a base/staple mascara, and when I tried using it as a layering mascara, I noticed it clumps insanely to little balls at the base of my lashes, which are a pain (literally and figuratively) to remove. However, after a few attempts I've finally found a way to make this mascara work for me, and that is being a bottom lash mascara. It works so well with the thin brush because it doesn't smudge under my eyes when I'm applying it, and because it's a heavier formula, weighing down bottom lashes is a very good thing!

Pros: great brush, convenient tube (thin so it doesn't take up much space), aesthetically pleasing packaging, amazing bottom lash mascara

Cons: clumps if you try to use it on your top lashes

Overall Verdict: The best bottom lash mascara I've ever used, so much that it partially redeemed Lancome mascaras for me, I think I will repurchase this simply because it works so well on my bottom lashes, and it's one of the least expensive mascaras I own.