Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

4.3

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

on 12/6/2009 1:12:00 AM

'm reviewing this Majolica Majorca Lash Expander mascara which is similar to the Jill Stuart Extra Curl mascara i'm luving. Basically both mascaras works using the same kind comb brush design. And results are quite comparable but Jill Stuart one is easier for removing even though still consider difficult compare to other mascaras.

No clumps but not recommended for too many coats or it would be too thick unless you want dramatic look.

they do curl and hold on them properly and rather lasting.
They are rub proof, waterproof and long lasting.
Their price are quite reasonable compare to the pricey Jill Stuart so if you are a beginner, try majolica majorca as their packaging are really pretty.

on 11/30/2009 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product is supposed to one of the most popular mascaras in Japan right now. Being half Japanese myself and having an obsession with makeup.. I decided I must grab my own.

Majolica Majorca is known for its attractive looking cosmetics and they have always caught my eye. I oredered this product from ebay from another country, for $20 AUD including postage. Excellent deal, I pay the same amount for a mascara in the stores here..

I instantly fell in love with the packaging, it comes in a cute rectangular plastic box with gold decorations. The Japanese are excellent when it comes to presentation. The tube itself is the most prettiest thing I've ever seen. It is rather small for a tube but just looks gorgeous. It is black and gold with a spider web type pattern along with fancy letters spelling out 'Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus' as well as a pretty gold emblem for Majolica Majorca on the top of the tube.

As for the content of the product itself, the brush is quite unique featuring two sides, a straight side and a curved side. The straight side is used first to apply the product on your lashes and the curved side is used for combing your lashes, removing any clumps, for lengthening and applying the nice finishing touches.

The formula contains fibres and they look like very fine small short black shreds, they stick onto the brush and looks fairly weird and at first I doubted if I was able to apply it without it being messy. To my surprised it worked out fine. I noticed the fibres would often stick to the tip of my lashes and gave the effect of long eyelashes, I'm really loving how that works.

I belive that this works quite effectively and I like the finished result. It gives me nice, very defined and long lashes. People complain about the lack of volume with this mascara. The mascara is called Lash Expander and to me that gives the idea of length not volume. I'm pretty sure its a lengthening mascara. Majolica Majolica has another mascara that provides volume, the Lash Enamel Glamour Mascara. I look for length in mascaras so this one is perfect for me. If you want volume and length, I think you could possibly try applying both mascaras on top of each other.

The mascara stays on my lashes all day without flaking and it does not smudge at all. It is a very black colour and darkens your lashes quite considerably and I really really like how dark it makes my lashes look. This mascara also does not clump at all, well it does on first application but then that's why they have the comb side. After using the comb I have lovely clump free lashes. If you curl your lashes it also holds your curl exceptionally well.

Another thing I noticed, this mascara does not make my lashes extremely stiff and hard. It feels alot softer compared to other mascaras I tried. It's not super soft of course, it's still mascara but in comparison to other mascaras it feels quite nice on the lashes.

I would give this 4.5/5 rating however it does not allow me to do so. What prevents me from giving this product a 5/5 rating is the fact that it is really difficult to remove. It is not impossible to remove, it just takes alot of time and care to remove it properly. You need to use a good eye makeup remover and work carefully to remove the mascara, if your not careful you could end up losing lashes.

It usually takes me a little bit of eye makeup remover on one cotton ball to remove my eye makeup, with Lash Expander I need two cotton balls soaked in makeup remover.

I don't find this too bothersome, just means you need to use more care when removing it. On the plus side you know it isn't going to wear off throughout the day and water and sweat most likely won't make your mascara smudge much. Because it is hard to remove... if you get mascara on your lids when applying it.. you need to use your finger immediately to rub it off because if you leave it too long you won't be able to remove it without makeup remover.

The brush is shaped nicely to fit asian eyes so I rarely have a problem with getting it on my eyelids and the brush is suited to get all your lashes and is easy to control so you shouldn't have a common problem with painting your lids.

Overall I thought this was an excellent product, although hard to remove and I do believe it is one of the best mascaras I have ever tried along with Maybelline's Full N Soft Mascara. So it's definitely a favourite and I will continue to buy it when the tube runs out. This is an excellent mascara for definition and lengthening and it holds curl really well. Definitely recommended! Plus it has very pretty packaging. If you want volume, go for the other Majolica Majorca mascara.

on 11/26/2009 1:09:00 PM

At first I loved this mascara, as it does not smudge and it also created nice shiny long lashes.

However, after awhile I realize this mascara does smudges a bit after a long day out, and it's a pain to remove. (Make sure you have a very good makeup remover).

Overall, I still like it a lot, as it does add dramatic length, and stays put during most of the day!

on 11/13/2009 3:36:00 AM

this is a great mascara. I have really oily eyes and most mascaras I've tried tends to smudge throughout the day, however this mascara can last all day without smudging. It also does a great job in lengthening your lashes. And it's so cheap! Great value. However, this product can be hard to take off

on 10/24/2009 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

this is the best mascara ever!!
long full lashes..no clumping..no smudging...very dramatic and looks like you have naturally long beautiful lashes.
one thing though is that its realllyyy difficult to remove...and if you don't remove it your lashes will die. :(

but otherwise GREAT STUFF!

on 10/13/2009 9:38:00 AM

Okay lets get to the point:

-effective lengthening
-creates a false lash look
-comb brush
-does not clump
-requires a base mascara before applying this on
(use a lightweight mascara, e.g. Maybelline full n soft)
-very expensive
-intense black colour
-very thick texture
-hardens and stays on lashes for the rest of the day
-EXTREMELY horrible and difficult to remove
(you may experience losing a few strands each time)
(advised to apply only onto the tips of your lashes to prevent this)
-use an oil eye make-up remover e.g. Shu umera skin purifier
-gorgeous breathtaking packaging

on 10/3/2009 12:10:00 PM

Besides the mascara, you also need to get its "Lash Bone" product (base) so that the lashes will stay curled. Even so, the prices are reasonable (each cost US$13-16) lashes stayed curl and long. Simply fantastic!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not really a mascara person, because EVERY mascara I've brought smudges on me and makes me panda eyes. seriously. I've gone from the popular maybelline cheap mascaras to top end brands like lancome and YSL. But they allll smudge lol.

But to really wake a person up, blush and mascara are the key items.

This mascara has been really recommended, so when I was in Hong Kong over the summer, I bought this little sucker. The price ranges from 95 to 105 HKD, and it's available in watsons, sasa, bonjour etc. So it's pretty convenient.

You have to throw your mascara out 3-4 months, and I usually take a tissue or a sponge to wipe off all the excess to avoid clumps then apply. You gotta wiggle it and it does make your lashes appear longer and you look more awake :) You might find it wasteful, but it really is more hygenic to wipe before and after use. Besides, you can't finish the entire tube before it expires, so might ask well.

This thing ..does not budge. I've never tried it in the rain, but at the end of the day, i do not get panda eyes, no residues on or around my eyes at all. awesome!

But you have to be careful because it does dry fast, you can get spider lashes quite quickly, and that's never a pretty sight.

Most ppl complain about it being hard to remove, well we can't have it all can we? not to have it smudge and easy to remove? lol but I dont have a problem removing it at all since I use Lancome's bifacil. awesome stuff. Just use an oil based eye makeup remover, pour over a cotton pad and rest it on your eyes for few seconds, everything should come off.

highly recommended!

on 9/7/2009 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara! I am loving Japanese products right now.

This mascara is for lengthening, but it thickens my lashes as well. I have very short eyelashes, and it is so fun applying this because my eyelashes transform. It also dries very quickly. Also, if you accidentally get the mascara on your eyelids, it is very easy to wipe off with a slight touch of the finger, and it won't mess up your eyeshadow. No flaking, no smudging below the eye, just amazing. The packaging is adorable too.

I haven't done any research on this product, but it's a fiber mascara. I'm not quite sure what that means exactly, but it works! It's almost like there are pieces of eyelashes inside the tube, but again, it's amazing.

I bought it for 1260 yen in Japan. About $13 USD.

on 8/16/2009 4:53:00 AM

This is my favorite mascara and I will keep buying forever. It is really waterproof (in other words, hard to wash off) and a little glossy look on my eyelashes which I really love. It doesnt give a lot of volumes (there is another mascara from majolica majorca which is for volume) but it does lengthen and keep curl like spider legs. It does what it says on the box. But I think if you want to use it, you need to have a good eye makeup remover and to know how to remove eye makeup well. I cover under my eyes by a tissue (so it wont smudge under my eyes), apply oil around my eyes and a Q-tip, then rub mascara off by the Q-tip gently. Overall, this is my HG mascara.

Top Rated Shiseido Products