September 18, 2014 | 1909 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

BB gel liner is my HG liner. It's long lasting, doesn't dry out and applies smoothly. I have Espresso, Caviar Ink and just bought Black Ink. Beautiful rich black and perfect for a cat eye. Love that it dries to a matte black.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by efts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product. The only gel eyeliner that doesn't smudge on me when I tightline. Its a bit drier than other gel liners though and it isn't as black, but the staying power makes it all worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by peepeepod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I needed to replace my MAC gel eyeliner in Blacktrack and couldnt get to a MAC counter so I tried this, instead. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I think its better than MAC by far. First of all, the color is still very BLACK but in a more mature, sexy, kind of way and less like a harsh drag queen MAC kind of way. I can even make a thick line without looking like I'm impersonating an Egyptian. This gives me a sexy cat eye but yet mature and demure. The quality is very high end and it doesnt wipe off or get runny. Im looking forward to graduating to Bobbie Brown products, for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by agigitygoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very pigmented but smudge like crazy, even on my waterline :/ and when it dried i revive it with some hydrating eye drop, it still smudge, but i find that the eye drop make it last longer, so u could try that method. I tink this eyeliner would be good with dry eyelids :>

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by zuzunu

this product irritates my eyes, and is not easy to apply. i need a LOT of cotton swabs and a LOT of makeup remover to get it off, or make touchups. the worst is my eyes are often red and itchy after applying

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

This smudges on my waterline but stays put on the actual eyelid even though I have monolids and blink quite alot. It is very creamy though, and applies beautifully without tugging and skipping.

Colour is quite intense, and is really a black. It is a tad shiny, not shimmery but not matte either.

The transferring from my waterline to the bottom of my eye is ok, it's not very noticable.

I find that this flakes if I try to layer more product over the original line i've drawn. And this is quite hard to use if you don't get a very dense brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

When I first bought this I thought it was inferior to Mac's Fluidliner in Black Out, because it wasn't as dark. However, it is amazing that it stays on the whole day without any smudging. Even in humid weather the liner stays put. The consistency is creamy and easy to apply. I feel like gel liners take longer to apply than other forms, but they pay off is great. Its definitely worth the money if you have eyes that easily smear liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by birdlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a bit wary of getting this after reading some reviews on here about smudging etc as that's a huge issue for me. Liner has to stay put all day from the time I apply it cos I don't want to worry about touching up all day. Thankfully this eyeliner truly stays on, I am absolutely in love with it! I have a bit of a hooded lid so most eyeliners tend to smudge within hours and flake on me, this is what happened with my revlon color stay eyeliner even with priming. I also don't like liquid eyeliners cos I find them too runny and hard to get a straight line. They also dry fast and some cake when you go over them when dry such as the revlon liquid one I have which also flakes. The Bobbi brown eyeliner is AMAZING I honestly had no idea what black eyeliner really is till I put on this one. It is really really black and the consistency is amazing, it is also easy to work with. It's super hot today, I've been doing a lot of walking and sweating consequently, my eyelids are also oily and this eyeliner is still as perfect as ever!! It's seriously the best.

Edit: after purchasing it and trying to apply it myself, I'm finding it impossible to get it to look like how it did when the makeup artist applied it :( I have the right brush and everything but no luck so far. Also, it does smudge easily if you have oily lids and don't prime. I used the long wear cream shadow as a base the last time. Therefore I don't think this is much better than Mac fluid line and seeing that is much cheaper, I'll be getting that next time. I think fluid line is also more creamy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by carm3nsandi3go

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Black Ink and Sepia Ink and I love them both! This goes on nicely and stays put. I bought these as a kit which included a mini eyeliner brush but it's really crappy and I hate it. I use a sephora eyeliner brush instead and it works great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was the very first gel liner that I ever started using. At the time I thought this was out-of-this-world, but having tried the Clinique cream liner I definitely notice a difference. The BB one is very thick and dry, it doesn't glide along the skin very smoothly and it smudges a bit throughout the day. This one also, due to it's drier consistency, dries out in the pot a whole lot quicker. Since my Clinique liner has 5 grams in it and the Bobbi Brown only 3 I don't think I would repurchase this one again. Having said that, this is actually very good - it has great pigmentation (very black!) and does last as long as I need it to, however it's just not as good as others.