April 19, 2014 | 1689 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

This smudges on my waterline but stays put on the actual eyelid even though I have monolids and blink quite alot. It is very creamy though, and applies beautifully without tugging and skipping.

Colour is quite intense, and is really a black. It is a tad shiny, not shimmery but not matte either.

The transferring from my waterline to the bottom of my eye is ok, it's not very noticable.

I find that this flakes if I try to layer more product over the original line i've drawn. And this is quite hard to use if you don't get a very dense brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

When I first bought this I thought it was inferior to Mac's Fluidliner in Black Out, because it wasn't as dark. However, it is amazing that it stays on the whole day without any smudging. Even in humid weather the liner stays put. The consistency is creamy and easy to apply. I feel like gel liners take longer to apply than other forms, but they pay off is great. Its definitely worth the money if you have eyes that easily smear liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by birdlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a bit wary of getting this after reading some reviews on here about smudging etc as that's a huge issue for me. Liner has to stay put all day from the time I apply it cos I don't want to worry about touching up all day. Thankfully this eyeliner truly stays on, I am absolutely in love with it! I have a bit of a hooded lid so most eyeliners tend to smudge within hours and flake on me, this is what happened with my revlon color stay eyeliner even with priming. I also don't like liquid eyeliners cos I find them too runny and hard to get a straight line. They also dry fast and some cake when you go over them when dry such as the revlon liquid one I have which also flakes. The Bobbi brown eyeliner is AMAZING I honestly had no idea what black eyeliner really is till I put on this one. It is really really black and the consistency is amazing, it is also easy to work with. It's super hot today, I've been doing a lot of walking and sweating consequently, my eyelids are also oily and this eyeliner is still as perfect as ever!! It's seriously the best.

Edit: after purchasing it and trying to apply it myself, I'm finding it impossible to get it to look like how it did when the makeup artist applied it :( I have the right brush and everything but no luck so far. Also, it does smudge easily if you have oily lids and don't prime. I used the long wear cream shadow as a base the last time. Therefore I don't think this is much better than Mac fluid line and seeing that is much cheaper, I'll be getting that next time. I think fluid line is also more creamy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by carm3nsandi3go

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Black Ink and Sepia Ink and I love them both! This goes on nicely and stays put. I bought these as a kit which included a mini eyeliner brush but it's really crappy and I hate it. I use a sephora eyeliner brush instead and it works great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 4:13:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was the very first gel liner that I ever started using. At the time I thought this was out-of-this-world, but having tried the Clinique cream liner I definitely notice a difference. The BB one is very thick and dry, it doesn't glide along the skin very smoothly and it smudges a bit throughout the day. This one also, due to it's drier consistency, dries out in the pot a whole lot quicker. Since my Clinique liner has 5 grams in it and the Bobbi Brown only 3 I don't think I would repurchase this one again. Having said that, this is actually very good - it has great pigmentation (very black!) and does last as long as I need it to, however it's just not as good as others.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

LOVE LOVE LOVE. It is long lasting, good color payoff and easy to apply. Lasts a long time, also. I would recommend buying the Bobbi brush with it too, it really does help with applying. Great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i expected a lot more from this. the hype was that it had good staying powder and pigmentation. but my maybelline gel liner beats bobbi brown's by far. i did a test where i swatched all the gel liners i own on my hand and went to sleep with it. bobbi brown had the worst pigmentation and staying powder. which sucks because people rave about it so much. and i thought the formula was pretty dry too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by FierceIncluded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to try this liner considering all the hype I'd heard about it. Did it measure up? In a sense yes AND no. Everything I've heard was true, staying power, pigmentation, it was all fabulous. BUT! It was SO long wearing it was drying to my eyelids. (I have normal/non oily lids) The product was OK on application but dried and made my lids so dry! I tried putting some UDPP under it even if I wasn't wearing an shadow, which helped somewhat, but still can't use it. Maybe if I had oily lids I'd have better luck =(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by dbisbano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is pretty much as great as everyone says it is. But at $22 for the 0.1 ounce jar, it works out to $220 an ounce. You only get about a teaspoon of product! It does go on very smoothly and stay on nice and clean. Excellent product even if it is a lot for the amount you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by fofamoyane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mine came with an applicator brush together with Sephia pot. It was a good deal. It's easy to apply and the color stays on the whole time (until you remove it with with a make-up remover). The only issue that I have with it is when it gets a bit humid, the liner gets smudged. Nonetheless, it's still a great product.

The pots last very long even if its for daily use.