Nature's Gate Oh What a Night

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Squalane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Fagus Sylvatica (Beech Tree) Bud Extract, Rosa Gallica (French Rose) Flower Extract*, Viola Tricolor (Pansy) Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract*, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract*, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Biotin, Thioctic Acid, Lecithin, Soy Isoflavones, Bisabolol, Stearic Acid, Myristyl Myristate, Myristyl Laurate, Polysorbate 60, Polysorbate 80, Mannitol, Carbomer, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Caramel, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. * Certified Organic Plant

on 3/4/2009 12:38:00 AM

This product is wonderful. Over Christmas time I went a little crazy with microdermabrasion and Retinol treatments and my skin FREAKED out like it never has before. It itched and burned me all day long and there were red patches all over it. I had done some serious damage. The pain was so bad that I was trying every cream I could get my hands on to stop the itching and burning... I tried so many organic, natural products to try and soothe my skin and this is the only one that did not cause any burning at all. Every other product- no matter how natural- caused the burning sensation, but not this one. Since my skin has recovered from the overkill of my unnecessary treatments I have continued to use this cream and I love what it does for my skin. It is much less oily during the day and smoother over all. It is pricey, but so are most good face creams. I bought my second jar today and am sure I will stick with this for a while!

on 12/10/2008 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I like this and it's better than average, but it's not so great that I'll stop trying other night creams. It absorbs quickly and isn't greasy, which is very nice. It keeps my dry skin moisturized all night but I don't wake up glowy or dewy or anything. It just kind of maintains my skin, without improving it. I have sensitive skin that is prone to various rashes/hives/breakouts and this hasn't triggered any such reaction. It has a smell that I can't really put a finger on - vaguely like apricot, but not that fruity. It's not overwhelming and it's not synthetic, and it fades quickly. The jar is kind of small, but a little cream seems to go a long way, so it's lasted longer than I would have thought. I've used up my jar and will repurchase, as it's a nice, reliable night cream, but I'll keep looking for HG.

on 11/23/2008 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

No complaints!

on 10/17/2008 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very impressed with this product. I have oily skin, but I still have dry flakes on my nose and my cheeks get dry in the winter. This cream has wonderfully light texture and it sinks in instantly. It does not make my oily areas oilier at all, in fact, it tends to keep them in check, and it makes dry skin areas velvet smooth. It seems to firm the skin as well. So far, no allergic reactions and I have sensitive skin. I used it both as night and day cream.

on 7/20/2008 11:45:00 PM

I'm not a big night cream person. I've always preferred to simplify my routines by using the same lotion morning and night. I'm finding that as I am getting older, my "normal" areas are getting drier though, and my daytime lotions aren't quite moisturizing enough for nighttime use.

I wasn't looking for a night cream, but I saw the reviews for this and decided to try it. I've been using it for a couple of months now, and I'm very happy with it. I used Philosophy HIAJ for ages, and it was OK, but I was never thrilled with it, for day or night. I recently switched to the Weleda Almond Cream, and while I love it for day, after using it for a while I felt it wasn't working well at night.

This leaves my skin so velvety and smooth, I can't get over it. it doesn't make my nose greasy (which was a problem with HIAJ), and the flakiness on the sides is much reduced.

I found this locally for $20, which is a total bargain. I'll definitely buy this again, and I think that I will try their day cream too, once I have finished my tube of Almond Cream.

on 5/11/2008 10:54:00 PM

I love this product. I have oily/combo skin that is prone to flair ups when I try new products. My skin is so oily that I have never been able to use a night cream before but this one is great. It dosen't break me out and It soaks in quickly leaving my skin smooth and clear by morning. It is a small jar and a bit expensive but a little goes a long way and it is a lot cheaper then most of the department store creams out there, plus it works better.

on 4/30/2008 5:25:00 PM

Nice natural moisturizer that calms my normal-to-dry skin. Requires a very small amount of product to moisturize entire face. I used day and night with good results; my skin appeared firmer and the slight irritation by my mouth and nose (dry local climate) was reduced. No obvious effect on my slight lines/wrinkles.

I absolutely love this night cream. I'm so happy that I've found a keeper! Like its daytime counterpart, it feels light but has amazing moisturizing capabilities. It leaves my skin soft and hydrated and clean feeling. It is expensive, but worth every penny (you can get it for $14 online). The only think I don't like is that the night cream comes in a 1 oz jar, and costs the same as the day cream, which comes in a 1.7 oz jar. Other than that, this stuff is amazing. It feels very lush and rich, yet it sinks right in and never feels heavy or greasy.

Also, my mom uses this as well (she's in her mid-50s) and loves it just as much as I do. So it seems to be universally great! I don't know what else to say besides that I will love and use this stuff forever!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin that needs a lot of moisture at night, but can't take heavy, oily products.

This moisturizer is possibly the best impulse buy I've ever made.

Initially, I wasn't sure it was even going to work. The cream felt so light and silky on my fingers, and I was used to needing really thick, gunky cream to satisfy my night-dry skin.

But after using it routinely, I've realized how sometimes thicker creams do not make for better creams.

What is amazing about this product is that it's so light. I feel like the moisturizers are finer, penetrate the skin better and are more effective than the other creams I've tried.

Not only that, for the results, the cream is relatively inexpensive. I expect to pay $50+ for results like this, from high-end brands. Paying only 20 dollars for my last jar felt like a great deal.

Since using this cream, I've also realized how sensitive my skin is. The other oily night creams only exacerbated the problems I was having. They either were clogging my pores or smothering them, because I was always breaking out. And when I didn't use rich creams, my skin was over-dry and breaking out from that.

Now, my skin is relatively supple and clear, just from the use of this product. I'd definitely recommend it to other sensitive skin individuals.

on 2/18/2007 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been all over MUA for the past 6 months in search of a moisturizer with NO PARABENS (if you don't know this, parabens absorb through your skin and can act as an estrogen in your body so if you are in my age category (mid-30's) this can cause real issues with hormone imbalance). I had a big problem with acne last summer and went on two prescriptions, against my better judgement and out of pure desperation. In the meantime I was desperate to find a good chemical free moisturizer. I tried straight Jojoba oil and straight Coconut oil since about November of 2006. This Nature's Gate product is definitely doing more for my skin and in only a few days. It appears to be a thick cream, but when you touch it there is not heavy feeling, it is light and airy. It goes on light and doesn't feel greasy. The scent is almost non-existent. You will be amazed at how your face looks after just one night. My pores are dramatically reduced.

Best of all, I have had a very dry, scaly patch of skin around the side of my nose since Thanksgiving time when I quit using my prescription topical acne meds (Differn and Evoclin). This patch has made putting on my mineral powder make-up a real task as not to look "crusty" around that area. I have used everything to help it including a tea tree oil cream from dessert essence, the coconut oil, and the jojoba oil (not all at once) over a period of time and none of them have reduced this redness and flaking like the Nature's Gate Oh What a Night. It cleared up this horrible patch in just 2 nights!!! I agree with others that it might seem pricy, but I think the jar is going to last for quite awhile and if you take the advice from another reviewer go to Luckyvitamin.com and you can but it for HALF PRICE!!! The packaging is a nice frosted jar with a screw cap and it comes with a spatula that looks a little like a boomerang so you can dip the product out without putting your fingers into the jar. I do believe this is my HG!!!

Popular Moisturizers