January 31, 2015 | 1992 users online

Lips - NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I love the colour of this. It is a deep, cool toned red (crimson)....darker and deeper than an old favorite, MAC's Russian Red. I am a cool toned ppp. This is matte & slightly drying. I have had no problems with colour bleeding, but if you eat anything that is even remotely greasy (or add lipbalm) it will wear off...otherwise the lasting power is quite good! I think I do not love the big fat pencil format...too much waste when you sharpen for my liking - it does make lining the lips easier when freshly sharpened though. The lid wants to come off when it shouldn't. This was $30+tax CAD at Holt Renfrew. I will not repurchase as I have found better elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 7:57:00 AM More reviews by triciagullas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm an nc35, asian and this lipliner/lipstick works well for me from day to night. the matte effect is perfect as it won't bleed nor stain the teeth. works well with my chanel blush orchid rose for an understated elegance

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2006 7:55:00 PM More reviews by makeunder

They didn't have Transeurope Express available and so I bought this cause of the color is truly a scarlet red. This is truly drying to the lips, but it is a true matte. Love this color for my NC42 skin. I find I can change the hint of the red when I put a certain color gloss first and then top it with Cruella. It also helps from my lips from drying and it looks more creamy that way. I also love putting this on top of MAC's CCB. Would not repurchase cause I can just buy a red lipstick that doesn't need so much work and is creamier than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2006 10:58:00 AM More reviews by suzier

I ADORE this. I've struggled to find the exact perfect red for me, and this is it. I love a matte red with depth that is neither too pinky-blue nor too orangey-brick, and this fits the bill. I'll definitely buy it again and again until they (god forbid) quit making it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by CWAHED

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

True and beautiful red. I am a GGG - with fairly light skin and gold undertones. Red always disappoints me (or rather most reds) but this was marvelous. Fabulous pigment (Nars is famous for its staying power) and long lasting. fab lippie!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2006 3:58:00 PM More reviews by allureveil

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT: Pencil ended up being greasey, slippy - not matte -- and bled like crazy. Still looking for the right red that doesn't make me look like Better Davis in "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane." If this works for you, however, it's a gorgeous red. Have same gripe as others in that, for the price, there's no custom sharpener.