E.L.F. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Pink Lemonade

Price: $

on 4/7/2007 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This product is just okay. It really is super sheer, doesn't give much color at all (although I have highly pigmented lips anyway). The twist-up applicator is annoying. I don't feel that this product did anything for me, but I just wanted to try it anyway. I got it in regular Pink Lemonade and the '06 version and couldn't really tell a difference between the two. I won't be buying this product again.

on 1/4/2007 12:36:00 PM

I have heard a lot about these products, but I have never seen them until I was in New York City having dinner with some friends and walked in to Price Wise discount and found a display of E.L.F..

I passed over the eye shadows, etc. and went straight to the lipsticks (I am a lipstick junkie) and I didn't have many colors to choose from, as most of them were sold-out (I guess a good sign!) I chose the Pink Lemonade color and a lip balm and I figured for $2, if they were horrible, it wasn't much of a financial loss.

I have to say that I was pretty impressed with this product. The color looked a little too shimmery and had that weird off-pink color (this was the only color left at the store that looked the least bit "normal" so that is why I picked it - and again, for one dollar, if it was horrific, no big deal) that a lot of cheaper brands tend to have, but the color that comes out of the tube is a nice warm pink. I paired it with the glorious MAC Spice lipliner that I lined and filled my lips in with; I thought Spice would tone down all that pink.

The texture is nice and smooth, not too goopy. The applicator is ok, but like another panelist mentioned, you have to twist it A LOT initially, and then quite a bit of product comes out, but the applicator feels nice and smooths the gloss out over your lips.

I would definitely try some of E.L.F.'s other products.

on 7/24/2006 4:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm more impressed by this than Clinique lip gloss (it is comparable to the sunshine color in their glosswear line). It has more staying power and isn't that sticky. I will totally buy again. Also, it does make my lips feel smoother.

on 5/7/2006 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I loved shimmery pink gloss.. Sticky, yes, but it stays on my lips for a long time! ( that is if i stop licking my lips) Packaging wise, it was pretty hard to twist it out. Had to keep on twisting. and when it finally appears, it will continue to leak out. Well, I need not twist it again for the next touch up!

But the top of the lipgloss came out after i've used it halfway.. Bought another one to replace it! =D Am eyeing the purple one...

on 2/9/2006 3:33:00 AM

Ok so these aren't $1 here in Australia but they are still cheap at $2.95 aud. I WAS a little sceptical but with free shipping I was more than keen to try this line out. Cute little lip pen with a sponge applicator - much like Stila Lip Glazes only a FRACTION of the price. The colour is a MLBB shade (on me - MMM) which is best described as a natural warm pink with very subtle gold glimmer. It feels nice and comfortable on lips, not at all sticky or tacky.

I am SO impressed. I have every make-up brand under the sun, Chanel, MAC, NARS, Stila and this is right up there with the best of them. If I had to make ONE complaint then I would say there needs to be more of a variety of colours!!
continued >>