October 24, 2014 | 1654 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser III

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by abril

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I broke out horribly since Xmas. Even under accutane, I still break out with painful cystic acne once in a while, which might take a month before it stops swelling. I started using this cleanser two weeks ago (I've been using neostrata AHA15 gel for some time). The most noticable difference it makes it that those huge spots take days to diminish instead of weeks, which is already a huge plus plus plus to me! I use it sort of as a 3 minute mask after cream makeup remover. I would recommend it to people with problematic, resistant skin like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by bijouxqueen

Great product, decent price. Works like Cetaphil on steroids. Recommended by my dermatologist. I switch between Level II and Level III, depending on how my skin feels. Don't waste your time on Level I.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by blondiegoodlooks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I highly recommend this cleanser. It is a bizarre combination of being both a gentle cleanser yet potent given its high glycolic acid content. I much prefer non-foaming cleansers (as should you), and this cleanser leaves my sensitive skin neither dry nor oily nor irritated. I have also noticed a slight improvement in the way my skin looks, something I can say about few cleansers on the market.

The AquaGlycolic, while cheaper, is less effective. The MD Forte at least tingles a bit when applied; I never got that feeling the with A.G.

I first wet my face thoroughly, dry it, and then apply the cleanser for a minute. I do not like having to dry my face before applying the cleanser. That, I'll admit. But until there's a better option, the MD Forte III will do.

I am curious about ordering the 30% one day as perhaps I could just use that on wet skin. Hmmmm. . .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by mukeshveles

I love MD products. I have olive skin, combination skin that can be sensitive to strong products. I am 29 years old and I ordered these products because I have some shallow ice pick acne scars. I had never used glycolic products before and started with MD Forte Skin rejuvenation 1 (got used to it after only two days) and then ordered skin Rejuv lotion 3 (after reading rejuv lotion 2 reviews - caused breakouts for many people). This makes my skin glow and feel smooth (I use it with Philosophys daily exfoliating cleanser - for use once a day). My skin is smooth but the scar are still visible in the sunlight. I wanted to use a glycolic peel, but living in a hot and humid place most of the year, I decided it is not a good idea and I am scared of getting raw skin and I understand you have to go through breakouts at first too. So, I believe in gradual resurfacing results. Anyway, I have been reading that MD Forte cleanser level 3 (30%) can only be ordered through their website (and you need a doctors code), all other websites the level 3 are 20% max! this is correct. After searching... you can find it on SKINWEST. I will use this along with the skin rejuv and give you an update later. UPDATE: I ordered the 20% (level 3 from most stores) and decided to start with this before I go on to 30%. I'm glad that I did because this is also quite strong for daily use (you may not notice it). UPDATE: I am now using cleanser 3 (30%) at night and cleanser 3 (20%) in the morning. My skin looks really good and I people are noticing it too. I don't have any wrinkles so switched from the 'rejuvination lotion 3' to the 'facial lotion 3' this is really good but I started once a day every other day as although this has the same acid as the rejuv lotion, it feels stronger on the skin. I follow with Clinique City Block SPF 25 in the day time. It is going to take a while to get results on my scars but it has helped my skin look fresher and lightens any hyperpigment marks. Also I find acne under the skin WILL come to the suface. I didn;t really have any spots before using this, but they were hiding under my skin for many many months. I should think once they have cleared this shoiuld keep my skin clear in the future. My other favouite cleanser is BOSCIA and I will switch to that to give my skin a break when it needs it. It's very gentle and cleanses well! the best I think.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2008 1:17:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure I have anything to add but wanted to just echo what everyone else seems to be saying about this product. It's good! I skipped the I and II but have been using strong AHA products on my skin for a long time. I have had no issues with the strength of the product. No redness. No peeling. No irritation at all. My skin is smoother and more radiant after using for just a short while. I also put it on dry skin and leave it on for a few minutes before removing. This stuff needs a pump!! I hate the screw top. Other than that I think this one's a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I must thank the ladies in the Skincare Board that recomended me this amazing cleanser. If I didn't landed there I would be still using bland and useless cleansers that remove and do nothing ! ♥ you girls !!

I am joining the Fan Club ! This is a remarkable Cleanser made for Resistent Skins.. You have no idea how hard it was to finally find a cleanser that was made for tough skins . I use it AM leave in for a few minutes and rins off in the shower.

Oh ! I must say that the Bottle is useless so I put it in a Pump Bottle of 50 ml. much better !

My skin feels so bright and so soft afterwards I have nothing else to add as everything has been said before in better words.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2008 7:21:00 AM More reviews by StarBright50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser! I skipped the 1 and 2 cleansers (not recommended) I just happen to have very tough leathery skin that is NOT sensitive. Which is why I got this. I wanted to get some results. I did! I can already see my skin is glowing. I must have had such a 'cement build-up on my skin.' my skin was sooo dull. Not anymore!! I can actually see the cell turnover results only after about 10 days. It really is remarkable. I use it every morning and on the evenings when it is my Retinoid night, (just to open and prep my skin for the rets) Because I use cleansing oil to remove SS. It is a creamy cleanser with a 20% Glycolic Acid compound. Rinses off well. It is a large bottle that will last a long time because you do not need very much. So, at around $27 it is a good deal. Here are the Ingredients:

Purified Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid (and) Ammonium Glycolate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is fantastic (my skin looks more radiant, brighter, even-toned, smaller pores). I switched to the III after using the II (didn't feel the II was strong enough for me but my skin tolerates acids well). My facialist even marveled ("your skin looks gorgeous, small pores") at how my skin looked after using this (she used to assist plastic surgeons and is well versed with lasers). Only negative is that when it's a windy, cold day (I live in NYC), my skin does not tolerate this III well and stings when I put it on. I just alternate my other cleansers (beloved Clarins foaming or my DHC Deep Cleansing Oil) around the MD Forte.

M.D. Forte is distributed by Allergan, a global specialty pharmaceutical company. One of Allergan's famous products is BOTOX. I personally am relieved that this product line has most of it's development money spent on research and product development (instead of marketing).

I am Korean, have combination skin (prone to plugged pores & occasional breakouts), 42 yrs old but most think I'm 28-32. My skin care products have to be effective b/c I've refused my whole life to wear skin make-up (foundation in any form). People say my skin is like porcelain but it has good and bad days like everyone else. I use: DHC, Natura Bisse, Jurlique, MD Forte, Clarins.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

You only need a quarter sized dollup of this cleanser. The bottle should last you about 2 months, so I think it's a good deal for such a wonderful cleanser.

Pros-Helps Cellular turnover happen faster, Gets rid of dead skin cells. Renews the top layer of skin and mostly...it can purge all your pores if you give it time. Since it renews skin, it's possible you may have an initial breakout with this product. It's purging stuff from your pores. I was a little discouraged at first when I used this because I could see all this white stuff under my skin. IT was blocked pores!!!! So I let this stuff do it's magic and my skin is finally clearing up very well. You do not need to manual exfoliate on the MD Forte line except to occasionally get rid of flakies.

Cons- this is an Acid, a strong one too. I do not recommend this for uber-sensitive types until you have started a lower dose of glycolics first. Ease yourself into them. I admit this stuff stung the first few times I used it. But what do you expect from acid!? Be wary of leaving it on your face around sensitive areas like the nasal folds. It can irritate.

How to Use: I started with lower concentrations first and built myself up to the number 3. I still use lotion 2 and glycare perfection for spots. I'm using this as an acne and an anti-aging treatment. It does work but I find that I have to go through some "purging" at first. The good thing is the pimples go away in a few days. Much faster than usual. You may get rough skin at first. I started using this only at night. I left it on my face for 5 minutes and then wiped with a cool cloth. that way you get the topical benefits of glycolics without over-doing it.

Glycolics are excellent for those that find that traditional acne meds don't work for them. SA's and BP does not work well on my hormonal acne. Hormonal acne and follicular acne sometimes go hand in hand and using AHA's may be the only way to go. I'm going to incorporate a 10% Mandelic Acid treatment in the next few weeks. It has anti-bacterial qualities which I think I can greatly benefit from.

If you get red and irritated form this, back off for a few days and then try again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Cherlee

I LOVE this cleanser! I have been using retin a for over a year and would still get the monthy hormonal acne..Since using this cleanser for the last few months my skin looks amazing! I have had 2 VERY tiny pimples that came up and went away practically over night and thats all.. I don't know where my pores went to either! They have shrunk to nothing.. I use the retin a every other night and this has also kept the peelies away..My skin looks even and has a glow to it now..
My husband needed to borrow my cleanser the other night and the next day as we were on our way somewhere I noticed how great his skin looked..His pores were gone and he had a healthy glow..I am going to stock up on this since hubby decided he loves it too!