Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 12/3/2012 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I loved this powder it was my first time using this & i happen to be at walmart & they didnt sell the powder i usaully use witch is the true match neutrogena so i juss picked up this powder it doesnt come in many shades i just had got the ( medium ) the bad about this the dust that comes out when you open the package i hated the brush but i was kinda iffy about the color when i had put this on my face it felt like nothing was on it blends in VERRY well w/ my face . I love it & gives me just enough coverage :) May think about re-purchasing

on 11/24/2012 10:14:00 AM

Not positive about the shades as I bought the wrong one, but this product really works in making your face look poreless, smooth, and not as cakey. A great powder, will buy again.

on 11/20/2012 3:29:00 PM

This has a very slight shimmer to it depending on which loose powder in their Talc free that you buy so I use it as a hi-light vs an all over powder. Now if I'm wanting to look more "dewy" I'll use it all over but I'll use a very small amount. Less is more!

All in all I like this but use it sparingly! It will make a mess or go on too thick if you don't pay attention to your surroundings/application.

Use a bigger fluffy brush and all if well for all over application :)

on 11/6/2012 4:30:00 PM

I bought the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Correcting kit which came with the concealer, highlighter, correcting powder and mineral loose powder(for on;y $15). The first time I used the product I hated it, my skin looked patchy. Because I have red skin and acne, I need more coverage. So now my routine goes like this: concealer, highlighter, then I put on Garnier's BB Cream, then the correcting powder and finally the loose powder. I love the way my skin looks! Beautiful coverage and not one of these products have broken my face out! The only complaint I have are the brushes that come with the powders...they are not worth a dime, invest in some better brushes & the product will work fine.

on 11/4/2012 11:35:00 PM

I LOVE THIS STUFF I AM SURPRISED BY THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS. THIS IS MY FAVORITE FACE POWDER. I HAVE TRIED MANY AND I ALWAYS GO BACK TO SPENDING THE MONEY ON THIS. makes it look as if i do not have face powder on, VERY natural look. does NOT make me break out. FAVORITE, LOVE IT. have been using this for about 2 years now? or almost 2 years something like that :)

on 10/19/2012 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product completely broke me out, and I cannot believe that I only just realized it now that this product was the reason why my skin texture completely roughened, I broke out massively, and my skin was itchy. The color of this product is pretty nice, but the repercussions are terrible. I cannot believe how much scarring and hyper pigmentation I have due to this product. Ughhh, it's awful.

on 10/7/2012 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This seems to work pretty good for me. I do not use the brush it comes with, I think it is useless. Over my concealer it does pretty well for covering things up. I find it doesn't look cakey if you don't put too much on. It stays on all day which is a plus because I have a very active job in a sometimes hot environment, and my face looks just the same as it did when I left the house.

on 10/5/2012 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was interested in the physicians formula mineral wear because it said its for those with acne prone skin and sensitive skin, i was previously using Neutrogena mineral sheers but i felt like that powder was not controlling my oily skin and it has glitter on it which is one of the main ingredients bismuth oxychloride it also doesn't say in the details that it was non comedogenic even though i didn't break out from it ,.,i decide to switch to a different powder and started researching and i was reading other products ingredients and was surprised because they where not good for the skin they had pore clogging ingredients ,when i saw physicians formula i liked the ingredient list , zinc and titanium oxide are great for acne prone skin and it doesn't have to many ingredients and i have light acne which means i sometimes get those annoying whiteheads ,it evens out my skin tone even though i feel that it has light coverage , it does help with my oily skin better then the neutrogena sheers ,even though its pricey for a drug brand it has so much product !! it has the double of any good powder i know ,can probably last you 4-5 months depending how much you use it , A concealer for red marks or pimples and this powder and your set for a nice complexion :)

EDIT: I notice it kind of oxidizes in some areas wear i put more product , but i solve it by just applying less product .

EDIT: I am goin to switch to Alima Pure Minerals because I just found out Physicans Formula Mineral powder has this Ingriedent called Lauryl Lysine which is really bad for sensitive acne prone skin it clogged pores I didn't know that !! I don't understand why company's put pore clogging ingriedents on Makeup that's for acne prone or sensitive skin !! -.- I'm soo glad I found out about this .

I have used this product for the past 6 years and up until 2 years ago I had no problems. However, I have spent the past 2 years with my face getting progressively worse and worse. I cried daily, I wouldn't let my own children see me without makeup. My husband and I were not intimate in the least bcz I felt disgusting. I went to the derm, I changed face washes, hair products, etc etc. and NOTHING made it better. Little did I know, it was this stupid makeup causing me misery!! Large painful cysts, whiteheads and tons of blackheads all over my cheeks and chin. I mean, 6 or 7 new ones a day. One day I counted 13 large pimples on ONE side of my face! My face was constantly oily, within an hour of wearing this make up I looked greasy and shiny and like I didn't bathe for a week. Not a good look.. And during the months I don't have a tan, even the lightest color turned orange on me within a few hours. The brush is horrible and may have been a factor in my acne, because its painful to use (maybe it aggravated me?) I have no idea what happened to cause such terrible acne for me, I imagine they changed their formula, I know they changed their packaging about 2 years or so ago, so maybe they altered their formula too? I don't know but using this product has been the biggest mistake of my life. I have huge scars and pitting as a result from the constant acne and tons of red marks. And even though my face is clearing up since I switched makeup, I still have to wear makeup because of the red marks. If you have oily skin, this make up is NOT for you. I have a feeling the increased oilyness from this makeup contributed to my acne as well as whatever the heck is in it that I am allergic to. If you are determined to use this, please do a patch test for a few days so you do not end up like me. I wasted 2 years of my life hating myself and now I have lots of damage (scar) control ahead of me. You only have one face, and you have to live with it forever. I have no idea if I will be able to remove the damage this product has done to me. :( I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy.

on 8/27/2012 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this product !!!
My skin is very oily, somewhat sensitive, and I tend to break out... This hasn't broken me out once, and lasts a very long time on my skin, I do however have to touch up at least once throughout the day or blot with a blotting paper. Overall, I think this stuff is wonderful !! I have been using it for ages, as a setting powder and as foundation as well. The coverage is light to medium, but I find it to be very buildable, yet not cakey and I don't look really powdery. I will keep repurchasing for sure !!