July 30, 2014 | 1864 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by aragen2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This seems to work pretty good for me. I do not use the brush it comes with, I think it is useless. Over my concealer it does pretty well for covering things up. I find it doesn't look cakey if you don't put too much on. It stays on all day which is a plus because I have a very active job in a sometimes hot environment, and my face looks just the same as it did when I left the house.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by TaniitaTania

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was interested in the physicians formula mineral wear because it said its for those with acne prone skin and sensitive skin, i was previously using Neutrogena mineral sheers but i felt like that powder was not controlling my oily skin and it has glitter on it which is one of the main ingredients bismuth oxychloride it also doesn't say in the details that it was non comedogenic even though i didn't break out from it ,.,i decide to switch to a different powder and started researching and i was reading other products ingredients and was surprised because they where not good for the skin they had pore clogging ingredients ,when i saw physicians formula i liked the ingredient list , zinc and titanium oxide are great for acne prone skin and it doesn't have to many ingredients and i have light acne which means i sometimes get those annoying whiteheads ,it evens out my skin tone even though i feel that it has light coverage , it does help with my oily skin better then the neutrogena sheers ,even though its pricey for a drug brand it has so much product !! it has the double of any good powder i know ,can probably last you 4-5 months depending how much you use it , A concealer for red marks or pimples and this powder and your set for a nice complexion :)

EDIT: I notice it kind of oxidizes in some areas wear i put more product , but i solve it by just applying less product .

EDIT: I am goin to switch to Alima Pure Minerals because I just found out Physicans Formula Mineral powder has this Ingriedent called Lauryl Lysine which is really bad for sensitive acne prone skin it clogged pores I didn't know that !! I don't understand why company's put pore clogging ingriedents on Makeup that's for acne prone or sensitive skin !! -.- I'm soo glad I found out about this .

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by CravenBrittney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product for the past 6 years and up until 2 years ago I had no problems. However, I have spent the past 2 years with my face getting progressively worse and worse. I cried daily, I wouldn't let my own children see me without makeup. My husband and I were not intimate in the least bcz I felt disgusting. I went to the derm, I changed face washes, hair products, etc etc. and NOTHING made it better. Little did I know, it was this stupid makeup causing me misery!! Large painful cysts, whiteheads and tons of blackheads all over my cheeks and chin. I mean, 6 or 7 new ones a day. One day I counted 13 large pimples on ONE side of my face! My face was constantly oily, within an hour of wearing this make up I looked greasy and shiny and like I didn't bathe for a week. Not a good look.. And during the months I don't have a tan, even the lightest color turned orange on me within a few hours. The brush is horrible and may have been a factor in my acne, because its painful to use (maybe it aggravated me?) I have no idea what happened to cause such terrible acne for me, I imagine they changed their formula, I know they changed their packaging about 2 years or so ago, so maybe they altered their formula too? I don't know but using this product has been the biggest mistake of my life. I have huge scars and pitting as a result from the constant acne and tons of red marks. And even though my face is clearing up since I switched makeup, I still have to wear makeup because of the red marks. If you have oily skin, this make up is NOT for you. I have a feeling the increased oilyness from this makeup contributed to my acne as well as whatever the heck is in it that I am allergic to. If you are determined to use this, please do a patch test for a few days so you do not end up like me. I wasted 2 years of my life hating myself and now I have lots of damage (scar) control ahead of me. You only have one face, and you have to live with it forever. I have no idea if I will be able to remove the damage this product has done to me. :( I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Shiphrah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product !!!
My skin is very oily, somewhat sensitive, and I tend to break out... This hasn't broken me out once, and lasts a very long time on my skin, I do however have to touch up at least once throughout the day or blot with a blotting paper. Overall, I think this stuff is wonderful !! I have been using it for ages, as a setting powder and as foundation as well. The coverage is light to medium, but I find it to be very buildable, yet not cakey and I don't look really powdery. I will keep repurchasing for sure !!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by sarah202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The coverage I'd say is light-medium. I require medium to heavy coverage so I won't be re-purchasing. I bought this on vacation when I ran out of my Alima but most likely I'll be tossing the rest of my Physician's Formula because I don't see myself reaching for it over Alima. It was about $14 plus tax. I already tossed the brush that came with it since it was scratchy. It didn't last long on my oily skin.

The packaging is kind of bizarre but that was no problem - I simply transferred it into an old foundation container.

Overall - It was a decent substitute during my trip but I don't see myself ever reaching for this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by AZPOCO

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the color and finish, but what strange packaging. It is so impossibly difficult to get at the powder. If you shake the container to the side, it's possible to get enough product to put on your brush, but an equal amount goes into the sink. The brush that is part of the container is worthless. But, the powder itself is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Darkeyedredhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product because a beloved (and more expensive) loose powder I'd used for 8 years stopped being produced. I have VERY SENSITIVE SKIN (redhead!), and have issues with oily-ness yet due to being over 40, am starting to get some crepey-ness on my forehead. I wanted something light, loose, good for my skin, would let it 'breathe', and in the color I needed ('Translucent Light'). The packaging is not the best; however, I just dumped the powder into the container of my 'other' beloved powder's empty container; and yes I agree the brush is worthless; so what I did was buy a poofy puff to apply the loose powder (you can get them at any drugstore, just a round white fluffy puff). I never use brushes, only the floofy puffs. The color looked darker than my other powder; however, but it works well on my skin (I have a sort of yellow pallor sometimes, yellowish-pink Irish skin!). The main thing I like about this powder is it's got a marvelous 'dewy' finish. My other powder left me totally MATTE; the rest of my body would glow and look dewy, but my face, totally matte. THIS solved that problem! It does NOT look oily, even after 6 to 8 hours of wear; it stays on, even through sweating (our temps topped 104 degrees and it did not sweat off). I only apply it ONCE in the morning using the puff, and VERY lightly. After cleansing and toning and using a very lightly tinted moisturizer with SPF 15, this goes on afterwards, just patting very lightly. It 'seals' the lotion and truly stays on, and does not cause any creases or anything that loose powders sometimes do. SO, if you want to give it a shot, I recommend pouring the powder into another container with a shaker-style top (this one has a shaker style but it is too small), and get yourself a fluffy puff to apply it with; apply it VERY sparingly; it truly does go a long way! I am 6 days into wearing it and have no issues with acne or clogging, and my skin as I said... sensitive and picky. I will buy again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by normy_normz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Awful packaging.... hopeless brush and the domed top is also less then ideal. As for the actual product itslef; the lightest colour was far too dark and gave a chalky orange finish that was far from natural. Not impressed

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by FrozenLips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: After using the powder foundation more and trying others, I came to the realization that this isn't as great of a product as I put it out to be. It actually provides just a sheer coverage; it doesn't give me that soft focus, full-coverage effect that another powder I been testing has. The staying power is kind of hard to determine, since when you put this on you don't notice a difference. The only thing I come to like about the product is probably the color, like I said below "Buff Beige" is a perfect NC15/NC20 shade with yellow undertones. I dislike the packaging as well. It comes in a bulky oval-shaped container that is not great for traveling at all.

This mineral powder foundation is surprisingly great! It has light to light-medium coverage. It has good lasting power for a powder foundation. The color I choose was "Buff Biege". I'm an NC20 and that color matches me great; it has yellow undertones. I did try "Sand Biege" prior to trying "Buff Biege" but that one had more pinker undertones. This doesn't have any shimmer, and doesn't make me look shiny, unlike the L'oreal Bare Naturale Mineral powder foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

This product makes me very sad, because it gave me the coverage and finish i wanted, but my skin did not seem to like it, because I broke out from it within the first 5 hours of usage. So for ratings, 5/5 for coverage and finish, as well as colour (i chose translucent medium and am nc20-25 in mac for reference), but only around a 2.5/5 for overall because It broke me out.
The price I paid for this, after taxes, was a little over $16. It seems pricey for a drug-store product, but you get 14g.

The packaging isnt the best, because it is quite bulky, but to me, the product is what counts. I think it may be the boron nitrite that messed up my skin (i'm not sure though, because i've never used a face product with this ingredient until now), but def i'm disapointed because after much searching I thought I had finally found my everyday foundation and powder.

The finishing is not completely matte, but not shinery or even dewy...i'd say something between matte and dewy, def a gorgeous finish. In terms of coverage, although I could still see my acne scars (without the use of my studio finish concealer or glamoflauge), it evened
out my skin and gave me a sort of airbrushed look (I applied it with my favorite brush, the ecotools bronzer brush). It did cake a tiny bit, but unless someone stares at you very closely, it is not noticeable.

I have combo oily/dry skin (oily t-zone, dry rest of the face) and as long as I moisturised, this powder did not stick to flakies or anything like that....ugh I wish it had worked for me. I will probably end up trying it again in a few days/weeks to make sure that it does break me out before I chuck this/give it away. It's a bit disappointing that PF would stated that it's "non-comedogenic" when it did break me and a few others out (I understand everyone's skin is different, but if it does break some people out, then it is not truly "non-comedogenic").

I still recommend this, but try it on a small area of your face first! Happy shopping :) (also, if you dont have the ecotools bronzer brush yet..GO GET THAT AT THE SAME TIME!!!!)