July 26, 2014 | 1000 users online

Foundations - Urban Decay - Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by LadyVelvet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product does a decent job. Covers well and easy to blend, the feel is light. I would prefer more of a color range and the attached puff is meh. I removed it and apply the foundation with a brush which makes the outcome less cakey. It works well as a summer foundation for me. I'll probably not buy again because it's pricey and nothing super special about it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by krissy247

I have been a fan of BE minerals for the last 4-5 years, but decided it was time to try something new. I read the reviews of Urban Decay's mineral foundation and I can't rave enough of how wonderful my face looks! It does cover extremely well- and does not "highlight" wrinkles/flaws like BE does or get cakey. The colors are great and a little goes a long way! I also do not use a primer, I have found no need to if you use a light moisturizer prior to application. I reccomend you try this out if you are deciding if a mineral foundation is right for you, or you are wanting to see if thier is something out there other than BE.

UPDATE: After trying this out for the last several months, I lowered my ratings. This has made my skin break out ( I NEVER breakout) and does not cover as nicely as what I orgionally thought! BE came up with a 'MATTE' finish and covers and looks amazing! My skin never broke out with BE so back to them I go! It also does not highlight my flaws like the origional mineral foundation does.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by remmy

I've been using this foundation for the past few months, and I love it! The coverage can be light to medium depending on how much you apply. It evens out my skin tone and helps cover up blemishes. It works great when I used it over my Pur Minerals correcting primer. My skin is acne-prone, and this foundation doesn't cause me to break out. It looks natural and feels really light. The packaging looks cute but it's not very convenient. I just open it and use a big powder brush to apply. I bought Trance and Hallucination and mix the two to get the perfect shade for my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i had a makeover at the urban decay counter and the lady used this to set the UD foundation. after that she put on the baked bronzer, and my skin has never looked this flawless and with such a glow. i think the combination of the mineral powder and bronzer made my skin glow like this, but i'm sure seperately it would be pretty good, too.
i'm sorry that i can't review this as a foundation, but if you have it and don't like it, you should use it as a setting powder cause it is the BOMB!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by dw4518

Do not fall for the pretty packaging. I broke out after just one day of using this.

I watched a video on youtube, about using the water test to see whether a mineral foundation is good or not. Basically you pour some foundation on top of a glass of water- if it's high quality mineral foundation it will float on top. I tried it and this foundation sank to the bottom

The video:

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sdora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This thing broke me out just after using it twice. Bought this bec of rave reviews but did not work for me. Not enough coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by christyx325

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product! This is the mineral powder I keep going back to. I've tried a lot from BE, Laura Mercier (a good one but too expensive!) to all drug store brands, but just keep coming back to this one. It really does live up to its name....it gives me that "surreal" skin look and I break out a lot too. My acne is hormonal and this doesn't make it any worse. It gives me flawless coverage and a flawless soft look. I recommend it all the time to my friends, family and coworkers!

PROS- great coverage, great colors (i alter between supernova and dream), gives a surreal, soft and dreamy look. Does not cake nor give you a dry patchy look.

CONS - the packaging of coarse! some people may like the sponge puff if they don't like the use of loose powder (which i believe is the reason behind the packaging). But I simply just take out the powder and put it into another loose powder container. One I like is the Laura Mercier - since it was too expensive to use normally, I replaced it with my beloved Urban Decay mineral makeup. The Laura Mercier packaging is great....thats the other reason why the products are so expensive - great products and great packaging. But Urban Decay is great enough yet pocket friendly! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ragazza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first purchase of mineral makeup and I love it !! Let me begin by saying I don't have any major skin problems and I wear foundation to even out my skin tone and to get a flawless finish. This foundation provides light to medium coverage and I don't detect any scent. I ditched the packaging and poured the contents into my Clarins loose powder container (which I thoroughly washed and dried). I use a kabuki brush and the results are just beautiful. Would I buy this again? You bet :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by murphy817

Well, I generally like powder mmu best as my foundation. I've tried some he and ds versions. I saw some good reviews of this on the sephora site so I went to the store to try it. I wasn't happy with the color choices. Again with these mu companies and their yellow tones! I picked supernova because it best describes my color.
EDIT: I took off 2 lippies for two reasons. I wasn't using this foundation everyday-I have 3 I rotate thoughout the week for different looks. However, I started to use this one on a regular basis because it was so fast and easy with no blending needed. The main reason why I demoted this product is that I began to breakout bad w/ clogged pores and white bumps. At night, I had to skip my normal cream/serum ritual and instead smear on acne medication to clear up the mess. The second issue was the color. The color was too orangy for me, almost looking like a bronzer. The description said light/medium and I compared it to my Lorac light/medium and it was like night and day! I was sad to toss this because it felt nice to wear and gave light coverage that looked flawless.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ClarityRose

The packaging...sucks. Well, it does keep powder well, but the included applicator is intrusive and doesn't leave any space to shake off powder if you do decide to use your own brush. basically, it's a powder compartment with a screw-on puff and a lid. The puff has a foam insert that has 3 big holes in it that align with the holes in the sifter, and the whole thing is then covered by a stretchy fabric that resembles the surface of a real puff. I found that powder barely gets through, and when it does, a stippling action is needed to apply, which leads to powder eeeeverywhereeee.

The product itself, which I bought in the universal shade, is finely milled. VERY finely milled. So much so, it gives the illusion of clumps.

It applies smoothly and stays on.

The universal powder, however, doesn't offer much coverage and is very yellow. I would suggest using it as a finishing powder to help correct those slightly off-tint foundations.