April 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Masks - Oatmeal

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by laviniax3

Oatmeal is a miracle product. I've had acne since I was 11, and I'm 20 now. Over the years, I'd tried countless products - drugstore brands, prescription acne medication, natural face products. I even took Accutane for a while too. Nothing has helped heal my skin and acne like oatmeal has!
I've been using oatmeal as a facial cleanser for about 3 months now and I have the best skin I've ever had in my life. I have extremely oily skin (before, after about an hour my face would start getting oily, by the end of the day it would be shiny and I'd have a layer of grease on my skin) and NOTHING has ever been able to control my oil this amazingly. It doesn't even feel like I have oily skin anymore, I can go the entire day without washing my face (even if I forget to in the morning on those odd days) and my face will barely be shiny by the end of the day. I should also mention that I have extremely sensitive skin and my skin reacts badly to the majority of products I have used in the past. Oatmeal is so gentle and I haven't had a single problem. I still get break outs sometimes, but they're a lot smaller and less noticeable, go away way quicker and don't leave any marks. Also, I have quite a bit of scarring on my face from years of picking at my acne and that seems to be fading as well. My skin is bright, radiant, soft, smooth and so healthy looking! My skin seriously glows.
The way I use oatmeal is I pre-blend a pound of oats so it's a soft powder - this makes it a little easier on my drain pipes, makes the application a lot less messy, plus it makes the exfoliation easier and gentler. This is optional, but I also add a few teaspoons of cinnamon, nutmeg and dried orange peels (also finely blended) to the pound of blended oatmeal - these apparently have acne fighting properties, but also it makes the oatmeal mix smell like a delicious dessert. I use it in the morning, before I go to bed, and if I shower that day, I also apply it while I wait for conditioner to set in my hair. I take a teaspoon of the mixture in my palm, add a little bit of warm water to it so it forms a thick paste. I apply the paste to my face in a soft, circular motion so it gently exfoliates my skin, then I let it dry. It takes a few minutes or less to dry, depending on how thick you make your mixture (the more watery it is, the quicker it will dry). After it dries, I wash it off. Switching to oatmeal cleanser was probably the best thing I've ever done for my skin and I'm never going back!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by lala1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is great! My skin is acne prone but also flaky and sensitive. It reacts to scrubs but I need to use something or I am so scaly! I put a little water in a cup with a small amount of oatmeal (anything but coarse!) and leave it as I wash my face first with a gentle cleanser to remove make up, after when the oats are soft, I squish the water into one hand and rub the starchy water on my face, then I massage the oatmeal onto my face and exfoliate with it for a few minutes. Then I rinse well. My skin is really soft and less red, it is a great gentle scrub and I heard you can use it as a mask too. I don't know if it has helped with acne yet but it hasn't made me break out. I am going to try it in the bath as I think it would be great for dry elbows and knees, and it smells nice too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I am also hooked! I have washed my face many times with oats and I also made masks with it.
I didn't write a review up until now because when I washed my face or did the masks, my face was in a good state, no major problems ( blackheads, a bit of redness, dry skin, acne scars but really nothing major).
Two days ago I put some Guaiac butter on my face. Big mistake- it says on the label to incorporate it into a cream but I just put it like that.
Yesterday morning when I woke up, my face was looking terrible!! My face was red, it was burning and it was swollen but I had to get out of the house so I need a quick fix. First I cleaned my face with a manuka facial cleanser (the one from Living Nature), then I put a clay mask with chamomile flowers in it ( I put a chamomile tea bag with warm water and then I just ripped the tea bag) and then I made an oatmeal mask with chamomile flowers. I know it is not good to put your skin under stress when you have a problem like this but I needed a solution because I looked like I had an acid peel! After the oatmeal mask, my skin looked muuuch better. By lunch time, the redness was way down, my face wasn't burning anymore and skin was looking nice. This morning my skin is back on track. My point is that oatmeal is a saviour! And in combination with chamomile flowers it really really saved my skin! If you have an irritation like this, you can also put Tilia flowers ( make a tea)- it works wonder for stressed, irritated skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by graciesooah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oatmeal is absolutely fantastic for your skin. It take care of irritation, dryness(which I don't really care since I have oily skin), redness, inflammation, acne, and dullness. GO CHECK OUT BUBZBEAUTY OATMEAL CLEANSER ON YOUTUBE. I've been using oatmeal in the morning and night everyday for almost 2 months and it really does help. I have a before and after pic of myself 2 month before and now, and I can't believe the improvement!!!
I recommend you use non-flavoured oatmeal. Natural cleansers are the BEST!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Xianpu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started cleansing my face with oatmeal and it has done wonders for my skin! I put like half a teaspoon in a cup or the palm of my hand and then drip some WARM water into it with my fingers and then mush it around till its soft. I add a bit more water then mix it up more before getting the cup or my hand on top of my head and catch the drips on my forehead then work the drips into my whole face with my other hand as it drips down, I then take the pulp and use it to lightly exfoliate! I have been using it for 3 weeks and it is Definitely gentle enough for everyday use, leaves my skin so soft and supple everytime <3 Definitely my HG cleanser! make sure you have CLEAN hands when you do this though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by kisa321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FDGUSHFGJDS BEST THING EVER.
I cleanse with oatmeal every day and every night.
my acne is steadily diminishing.
this cleansing method gets very steady, clear results!
which is great because I'm very impatient.
I am SO GLAD that this is working so well because my acne is quite bad and i was considering getting those 60 dollar acne treatments that load chemicals onto your face.
this oatmeal genuinely nourishes and heals your face from acne. it's so wonderful.
To know how oatmeal cleansing is done, search "Bubz beauty oatmeal cleansing", and find her blog post about it.
you basically use the oatmeal as a face soap, day and night.
wet a handful of oats, and rub it all over your face. the oats will leave a silky residue on your face. Then you wash that off and pat your face dry.
Immediately after you have cleansed, all of your pimples will look more red than usual, but that fades within 5 minutes.
This cleansing method gives me such clear results. Also, I have dry skin, so those worried about this drying out your skin, it only drys it out a little tiny bit! If your trully concerned, just put a llittle moisturizer on afterwards and you'll be fine.
Most acne treatments dry out skin A LOT. This one only dries you out a tiny bit, and it is well worth the results.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by cathyz123

i use oatmeal as a cleanser and it does an amazing job of soothing redness, leaving my skin feeling so soft and nourished, like i just soaked it in cream or something! i use this when i have active breakouts or redness and it smells amazing on your face especially in the morning!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by CuteMo

I use oatmeal more as a scrub/cleanser than a masque, but I love what it does either way! I just take the oats from the cupboard and mash them up in my hand, run a bit of water on them to get the "milky water" out (which is a great skin softener!), and then start rubbing! I haven't tried the oatmeal/honey masque yet, but as soon as I feel like getting the magic bullet down, I definitely will!

I usually exfoliate my skin with baking soda first, then follow with oatmeal, and moisturize with jojoba oil. For oily days, I use the oatmeal and then apply witch hazel (if my skin is feeling sensitive) or apple cider vinegar (if my skin is showing signs of acne).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is normal/combination, and not breakout-prone at all. However, I do have slightly uneven skintone on my cheeks, and some noticeable pores and redness around my nose. Often cleansers/exfoliants dry my skin out a lot, without showing any great benefits. However, whenever I use oatmeal as a face exfoliant, my skin feels smooth, radiant and healthy, and I feel like my skintone is less prone to redness. I use a small handful - maybe three/four tablespoons - in the shower (I never use it over the sink as it is very messy) anywhere from one to three times a week, no more than that just because it is a (albeit very mild) exfoliant. I make sure it's very saturated with water so that the oats are softened, squeeze out the excess liquid, and apply in circular motions all over my face, then rinse. Seriously, it makes my skin feel amazing.
I've also used oats a few times in facial masks, and they work well for that too.
I'd definitely recommend using oats as a facial cleanser to everyone. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oatmeal is a wonderful natural beauty product. I like to use it as an exfoliant, facial treatment mask, as well for baths. For baths - I take a handful of oatmeal and throw it into a coffee grinder until the oatmeal is fine. For exfoliating, I grind and mix it in with avocado and message the mix into my skin. You can leave it on and pack on some more for a facial mask. Organic Oatmeal would be better - less chemicals and such, more goodness. This is great for those with sensitive skin or if you're experiencing redness/irritation from other products or the climate. Oatmeal leaves my skin calmer and soothed. Love it.