July 29, 2014 | 1666 users online

Masks - Oatmeal

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by josianel84

This is my HG HG HG product!!! ♥♥♥♥♥ I'm even contemplating getting "OATMEAL" tattooed on my heart!
I have some scars, an oily forehead and dry cheeks and cleaning my face with oatmeal morning and night has cleared up my complexion and I am not nearly as oily as I used to be. My complexion is perfect! Even my scars are so much less visible... I cant believe the power of oatmeal! Anti-inflammatory, cleanser, softener.. what else!!!!!! Thank Heavens for Oatmeal! :D

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have acne-prone, redness-prone skin, and I use oats to cleanse my face at least once a day. I just buy a bag of normal oats and tip a handful into a little bowl, then mix with warm water. I swish it around a bit to soften the oats and make the water milky. I just smooth this mixture over my face just as I would any other cleanser and wash away with warm water. It leaves my skin calmer, much less red, and helps dark spots to disappear. If I stop using oats for a while my skin really shows it's not happy!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

love using oatmeal! It helps my face feel so much more refreshed, and it calms down irritation. my face feels softer and brighter after using it. I absolutely love oatmeal for so many things, except eating

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by chinney

This is amazing! I used oatmeal alone in the morning. At night, I remove my make up using olive oil and wash my face with my hada labo cleanser, then i use oatmeal last to cleanse my face. It is soooooo good. I haven't gotten any new pimples AT ALL. I'm pimple prone almost every week i get new pimples. But ever since using oatmeal as a facial cleanser my skin has improved so much! You really gotta try it! Can't really see effects on it lightening scars though.

But anw, this is too good to be true for the price you pay. And i love the smell!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had previously given this a raving, lengthy review, but have since then decided to edit and take it down 3 stars.

If you have normal skin, this would be great. For everyone else, this stuff is good as a face mask or body scrub. It's still fantastic, it just doesn't keep acne at bay on the face. Why would it, though? It's Oatmeal, not Benzoyl Peroxide.

It's awesome, just not for acne prone skin. You could easily use this in the morning as a simple cleanser before moisturizing and make up, but make sure to use a heavy acne fighter at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you are struggling with acne try this. I wash in the morning with oatmeal and raw honey. tone with apple cider vinager and green tea. then I apply a light moisturizer with a couple drops of jojoba oil. at night I do the exact same thing except I use a cream cleanser to take off make up. if Im having trouble spots or my face is really clogged ill make a mask with aztec Indian healing clay. slowly but surely all my bumps are going away I have no oil on my face. just like another reviewer said I can wake up the next day forget to wash my face and by late afternoon look in the mirror and I still am oil free.. Im amazed..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by discoverylp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Background: I was infected with Staph Folliculitis ALL OVER my face. I thought that it was acne, but I was pitifully mistaken. Anyhow, I had such angry, red marks left over from all the pimples and the deep infection. My cheeks and chin were covered in these horrible marks of hyperpigmentation. Also, my skin was extremely sensitive, itchy, and painful to the touch.
---
Oatmeal Masks: I just mix organic honey and oats that I had made into a fine powder with a coffee grinder. I apply the oats liberally to my entire face. I tend to leave the mask on for at least 30 minutes but usually closer to an hour. When I first put the mask on, my skin is so red and irritated. When I take the mask down, my porcelain complexion is peeking through, the itchiness subsides, and the overall pain also subsides. I use oats to not only wash my face now but also as morning and nightly masks. It's honestly what has helped my skin remain calm and supple after this horrible experience. I will ALWAYS use oatmeal now! It's amazing and so nourishing. Plus, it's all natural so I don't need to worry about chemicals!
---
Tip: Use lemon juice on your face to lighten red marks. Lemon juice is a really reliable product for getting rid of redness due to its Vitamin C content. After 15+ minutes, rinse the lemon juice off with warm water. You'll notice that your face is a bit redder than usual just due to the nature of the acidity of the lemon juice. That's okay though because you can use the oatmeal mask straight away. Your marks will definitely fade and the oatmeal mask helps to calm any irritation that the lemon juice causes!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by laviniax3

Oatmeal is a miracle product. I've had acne since I was 11, and I'm 20 now. Over the years, I'd tried countless products - drugstore brands, prescription acne medication, natural face products. I even took Accutane for a while too. Nothing has helped heal my skin and acne like oatmeal has!
I've been using oatmeal as a facial cleanser for about 3 months now and I have the best skin I've ever had in my life. I have extremely oily skin (before, after about an hour my face would start getting oily, by the end of the day it would be shiny and I'd have a layer of grease on my skin) and NOTHING has ever been able to control my oil this amazingly. It doesn't even feel like I have oily skin anymore, I can go the entire day without washing my face (even if I forget to in the morning on those odd days) and my face will barely be shiny by the end of the day. I should also mention that I have extremely sensitive skin and my skin reacts badly to the majority of products I have used in the past. Oatmeal is so gentle and I haven't had a single problem. I still get break outs sometimes, but they're a lot smaller and less noticeable, go away way quicker and don't leave any marks. Also, I have quite a bit of scarring on my face from years of picking at my acne and that seems to be fading as well. My skin is bright, radiant, soft, smooth and so healthy looking! My skin seriously glows.
The way I use oatmeal is I pre-blend a pound of oats so it's a soft powder - this makes it a little easier on my drain pipes, makes the application a lot less messy, plus it makes the exfoliation easier and gentler. This is optional, but I also add a few teaspoons of cinnamon, nutmeg and dried orange peels (also finely blended) to the pound of blended oatmeal - these apparently have acne fighting properties, but also it makes the oatmeal mix smell like a delicious dessert. I use it in the morning, before I go to bed, and if I shower that day, I also apply it while I wait for conditioner to set in my hair. I take a teaspoon of the mixture in my palm, add a little bit of warm water to it so it forms a thick paste. I apply the paste to my face in a soft, circular motion so it gently exfoliates my skin, then I let it dry. It takes a few minutes or less to dry, depending on how thick you make your mixture (the more watery it is, the quicker it will dry). After it dries, I wash it off. Switching to oatmeal cleanser was probably the best thing I've ever done for my skin and I'm never going back!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by lala1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is great! My skin is acne prone but also flaky and sensitive. It reacts to scrubs but I need to use something or I am so scaly! I put a little water in a cup with a small amount of oatmeal (anything but coarse!) and leave it as I wash my face first with a gentle cleanser to remove make up, after when the oats are soft, I squish the water into one hand and rub the starchy water on my face, then I massage the oatmeal onto my face and exfoliate with it for a few minutes. Then I rinse well. My skin is really soft and less red, it is a great gentle scrub and I heard you can use it as a mask too. I don't know if it has helped with acne yet but it hasn't made me break out. I am going to try it in the bath as I think it would be great for dry elbows and knees, and it smells nice too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I have washed my face many times with oats and I also made masks with it. I do not use it everyday because it dries my skin and it makes it peel. I do use a face mask every 2 weeks or so and wash my face from time to time.

I didn't write a review up until now because when I washed my face or did the masks, my face was in a good state, no major problems ( blackheads, a bit of redness, dry skin, acne scars but really nothing major).

Two days ago I put some Guaiac butter on my face. Big mistake- it says on the label to incorporate it into a cream but I just put it like that.
Yesterday morning when I woke up, my face was looking terrible!! My face was red, it was burning and it was swollen but I had to get out of the house so I need a quick fix. First I cleaned my face with a manuka facial cleanser (the one from Living Nature), then I put a clay mask with chamomile flowers in it ( I put a chamomile tea bag with warm water and then I just ripped the tea bag) and then I made an oatmeal mask with chamomile flowers.
I know it is not good to put your skin under stress when you have a problem like this but I needed a solution because I looked like I had an acid peel! After the oatmeal mask, my skin looked muuuch better. By lunch time, the redness was way down, my face wasn't burning anymore and skin was looking nice. This morning my skin is back on track. My point is that oatmeal is a saviour! And in combination with chamomile flowers it really really saved my skin!
If you have an irritation like this, you can also put Tilia flowers ( make a tea)- it works wonder for stressed, irritated skin!