New York Color 309B Sheer Red

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Castor Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ozokerite, Candelilla Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceresin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Beeswax, Lanolin Oil, PEG-4 Diheptanoate, Petrolatum, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Carnauba Wax, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Tin Oxide, Silica. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine

on 1/31/2011 10:13:00 PM

Best 99 cents I've ever spent. Beautiful cherry red color, but I think "Semi-Sheer Red" is a more accurate name; for reference, this is definitely a more intense and brighter red than Lipstick Queen Medieval. Smells exactly like Twizzlers and even though I usually hate scented makeup, I kinda love it. Great d/s find.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For referance i am an Mac NC30/revlon color stay medium beige...I was on the hunt for the perfect redlipstick..after watching beautybroadcast on youtube i seen her rave about this..and im so glad i went to walmart and found the last one..its the perfect shade for me..definetly isnt sheer.i put my nyx liner in redhot under it and put sheer red over..last for quite some time and no bleeding..for 1.99 i will be repurchasing again when or if i run out.

on 1/17/2011 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this based on mua reviewers and im glad i did. Im asian nc30 w yellow undertones. I wouldnt call it sheer but it takes a few swipes to make it a deeper red. On my lips, this looks prety close to MAC Dubonnet.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I LOVE red/plum lipsticks! I started out using the ColorSensational Lipsticks from Maybelline and I loved everything about them- except the texture. The smell made me a little nostalgic and the pigmentations were absolutely intense; they just ended up drying up my lips even with lip primer or lip balm under them. I loved on to the Colorburst Lipsticks from Revlon and found my HG plum lipstick in...well, plum. All I needed was a red lipstick and I'm set!

I was watching a couple of EmilyNoel's vlogs that included the NYC's Sheer Red Lipstick and I had to go try it on my own! The first try, I hated how sheer it was. But after a few more used, I loved the sheerness but I could always apply multiple times to build it up. I'm not a huge fan of the dull and clay-like smell it emits but I am an adament fan of its moisturizing capabilities. It is long lasting it's a reasonable price for such a high quality product.

I'm still in 11th grade but this lipstick doesn't appear to be overpowering or too flashy. I've gotten many compliments and I truly thank this product for them.

I will be repurchasing in the near future! I will also look into the other hues NYC supplies!

on 1/15/2011 1:29:00 PM

I had heard many good things about this lipstick and specific color, so I thought it would be nice to try for a first bright red for me. The moment I tried it though, I realized why it is so cheap. The quality of the formula is worth exactly how much you pay. No matter how moisturized or soft my lips were, the product broke up oddly on my lips and left weird streaks that just made my lips look awful. The color is okay and the smell is... odd. I haven't tried another one from this line since so I'm not sure if my lipstick was simply defective, but I would not recommend this to my friends. Also, the packaging is annoying because you cannot roll the lipstick down before capping it, and almost always end up nicking the lipstick.

on 12/31/2010 8:55:00 AM

The perfect sheer red! I wear it without lip pencil, adding a little gloss for winter time chapped lips! Yes, you can nick the lipstick if you aren't careful placing the top back on, bummer. Great color, great value.

on 12/28/2010 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

A beautiful, entry-level, cool-ish red if you're not used to wearing assertive colors on your lips. Even if you're tempted, don't wipe it off before wearing it out at least once, no matter how you think it looks. Grow a pair and try it. Doesn't look whorish or clownish on full lips because it's not an opaque, matte, bright red; catches light and makes thin lips look more full because it has a sheen to it. I wear it as an alternative to brighter, more concentrated reds that basically scream "this is my seduction makeup!!!" I put it on my mom, who refuses to wear red lipstick, and she looked fantastic. Red lipstick IS flattering to most women (why do you think it was the only lipstick universally worn during decades of hardship?), it's just that they won't take the plunge because they're afraid of looking too vampy. I am an avid fan of red lips and I wear many shades out - this is one I always feel comfortable wearing to work, even for a meeting with my boss. I put it on when I'm just running out for something and don't want any other makeup- it is an instant perk-up. Try it out and see what kind of reaction you get - most likely it will be flattering second glances and people staring trying to place what it is about you that is so appealing. It's not stop-sign red at all, nor is it a clear, sticky gloss. This is a really good style and consistency of lipstick to try if you've never worn red lips before, and may help you to venture into stronger reds. Heck, it's cheap enough that you can just give me the tube if you decide you don't like it. But be careful with the packaging because it's easy to mash the lippie with the cap when you put it back on.

on 12/24/2010 1:33:00 AM

This red is absolutely gorgeous. While searching for a nice red to wear this holiday season, I picked up two of the NYC 99 cent lipsticks, one in Retro Red and Sheer Red. I tried Retro Red first, thinking it would better suit my warm skintone since it's more of an orange red, but it looked way too bright and clownish. I wiped it off and tried on Sheer Red, and I immediately fell in love. It's a darker red with more of a berry tone. It's definitely a cooler red, while Retro Red is straight up ORANGE on me. :/ I usually pair this with Rimmel's lip liner in Ravish since it's pretty sheer on it's own, and the color is to die for. It looks awesome with some winged liner and falsies. You can't go wrong with this, and for 99 cents, what have you got to loose?

Can't wait to wear this tonight! (Christmas Eve)
Happy Holidays!

on 12/18/2010 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Great product! On my lips it's a lovely berryish-brickish red. I know that sounds weird but it's a perfect combination of both colors! I I bought this based on a recommendation on http://www.beautylish.com/t/vmvzs/the-perfect-red-lipstick. Check out this website if you're on a hunt of the perfect red lipstick (they have pictures). But of course I check the reviews here to make sure it's a good buy! And lo and behold this lipstick has the same great review so I bought it and loving it! For reference I'm NC 30, NARS Budapest, Asian light-medium w/ yellow undertones. Try this before trying other reds. Packaging is nothing much to look at but what do you expect for a 0.99 cents lipstick? LOL!

on 11/14/2010 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I got this on a whim since I wanted to get a red lipstick (I have none), it was less than a dollar, and I thought it'd be a good one to start says i figured it'd be sheer (due to being called "sheer red"). Well, it's definitely not sheer, it's very pigmented. Maybe they meant "sheer" as in "unmixed with anything else" not "sheer" as in "transparently thin". Well, apparently yes, they did. The red isn't really anything special, it's not a blue undertoned red.. didn't really look orangey either.. can't really describe the color.. it's just plain red. The finish was matte on me, which I liked. You could do worse for a buck, and this might work for some, but I don't see myself using this. Would not repurchase.

Recommended for Medium Skin