December 18, 2014 | 1692 users online

Eye Shadow - Shiseido - Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow (All)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not usually a fan of cream eyecolours I have to say, I find them messy to apply and they crease. My worst experience was with some of revlons so i've stayed away since then!!
I got this hydropower in a swap in the colour Gold. First thing that I notice about this is the amount of eyeshadow you get in the cute little jar! It will take forever to use!! This is just like the hydropower foundation in that it feels very wet but goes on very pigmented and dries to a smooth finish. The foundation used to be a HG before it was disc in the UK! :-(

This eyeshadow is VERY glittery, the glitters fall around my eyes as well which I don't mind on days out when I want that sparkling look in the sun - although for the everday look it might not be so good.
The staying power of these shadows is excellent even without primer and they last all day. I like the fact that they don't dry my eyelids out which powder can often do....they are easy to spread around and I have to say I would like more colours of these!

I would recommend these to anyone who wants a high performance cream eyeshadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by alissab

Great product - a must have!! I have this in the light pink shade (colour: H8 Bare Pink) and it is a great all-over base colour for my pale skin. I wear this EVERYDAY now...I am addicted! It has an awesom sheen, stays on ALL day, doesn't crease or smudge and looks amazing!! My other powder shadows layer easily on top of this. I apply with applicator supplied or my finger. As soon as it touches skin, it goes from a silky cream texture to a soft, fine and smooth creamy-powder that does not budge an inch!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by jamiefox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS IS A KEEPER!
And believe me, I'm the queen of the returns.
I have this in Spring Plum.
It's a very pretty shade which is pinkish plum, and reflects a wee bit of green.
It has a subtle shimmer which I like.
I know that sounds like an odd color, but it's very pretty.
I have to layer this color fairly thick or on me it appears too pink when applied with just a light swipe.
I like to bring out more of the plum and that requires some building.
It brings out the blue/green in my eyes nicely.
Unfortunately, it's the only shade that I can wear well in the line as I'm a mature woman who doesn't wear glitter, sparkly, or very shimmering eye shadow.
I WISH that they had more neutral shades like browns, greys, and a nice beige (highlight color) without so much glimmer.
I would buy a bunch more of these if they had some neutrals and less shimmer shades.
I LOVE this formula!
It goes on like a dream and no creasing.
Stays on all day on me, but I don't have oily lids.
Worth the price.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sarahjewellsharp

I love this eyeshadow. I go broke every time new colors come out. I am tempted to throw out every other shadow I own and go with only this. I own every color they have and can't wait for more. It stays on all day, it is easy to apply sheer or build for more color, it it amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by abbottcm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love cream eye shadows. I have it in Bare Pink, but I know there's a green and purple one that I just have to buy. The colors aren't overwhelming; they're very sheer, but buildable and definately blendable, so you can really make them as intense as you'd like. I only have one issue, and really its a minor one: I really don't like those little spongey applicators. Its kind of expected with eyeshadows, but especially for the amount you're spending, it'd be really nice to get some kind of brush applicator (not that I expect a really high quality one to come with it). The sponges suck and normal eyeshadow brushes just don't cut it with cream shadows. My easy solution: I lightly apply it with my ring finger. These shadows, though, are well worth the investment, even if you splurge on some brushes that can handle the creams.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by lunacita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After experiencing Hydro-Powders' magic ,I am in love.
This stuff is wonderful :) :) :)

My fave shades thus far:
spring plum
languid lagoon
white lights
lemon sugar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

While I consider this to be way too expensive for eyeshadow, it's really worth it (plus, when will I ever run out of this? There's a ton of product in the jar). I bought that sort of sea-green color (can't remember the name) and it's so pretty! I'm going to go back and get a few more in other colors, in fact. Perfect texture, smooth application. I have no idea if it lasts and doesn't crease, as I always use an eyelid primer, but it's a really great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by MeredithK02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore hydro powders! I'd never tried cream eyeshadows until this spring, when I bought the new Laura Mercier creme eyeshadow duos. They creased horribly and I returned, thinking maybe cream shadows just wouldn't work for me. Then I kept hearing chatter about the hydro powders on the makeup board, and finally decided to go swatch them at Sephora. The texture is just amazing, it's like a thick mousse, which makes the color easy to move around on your eyelids. The best part, though, is the staying power. I wear these over UDPP, and they last all day. I can apply at 7am and come home at 10pm, and they still look fresh. For someone with oily lids, this is amazing! I now have most of the shades. I've swatched them all in store, and avoided goldlights, whitelights, spring tulle,and lemon sugar (not enough color payoff and more shimmer than I wanted). The bolder colors are great on their own, or as liners with a more neutral shadow. I've worn both aqua shimmer and violet visions as liners (they didn't budge), but they're also great on their own for a bolder look. I'd love if they added more colors each season.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by waterfreak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this by pure chance when perusing around the Shiseido counter. I first tried #H12, Lemon Sugar but it was too yellowish for my taste. I decided to try the Glistening Sand #H9 on the back on my hand. I didn't want to buy it right away because I wanted to test its "wearability". So I walked around the mall for a few hours and went to have lunch, forgetting that this was on the back of my hand. I washed my hands before lunch and then noticed afterwards that it was still there.....which was quite a surprise considering most eyeshadows would wash right off. It wasn't all gone, but I could still see a lot of it there. So, I imagined it would have great staying power once I used it for eyes as intended. I went ahead and bought it thinking "I hope this is as great as I'm epxecting for $23". Well, I wasn't disappointed. I had previously been using mineral powder eyeshadows and wasn't completely happy with the staying power, or lack thereof. This eyeshadow is great for me. I just love the sheen, the staying power and especially how it is a great base for other shadows I apply on top of it. This makes a lovely color for hilighting my brow bones as well. I just wish they made a brown color in this line, then I wouldn't have to put mineral eyeshadow on top of this, but I am still very happy with this and will definitely buy it again after I run out (which at this rate it looks like it'll be a while before I need more). My only beef is that I don't like the little pot and wish it came in a tube for hygenic reasons. I use a new sponge applicator every few days or so, so I feel like I'm wasting a lot of the product, but like I said before, it really goes a long way so I'm not that concerned about that in the long run.

**Update- I have stopped using the sponge type applicator that came with this and have found that using my BE tapered eyeshadow brush dedicated solely to this eyeshadow works PERFECTLY! There is no waste at all, and I don't have to dip my fingers into the little pot, so I am now more than perfectly happy with the pot itself. And I can't believe how much easier it is to apply with this brush...try using this brush, it's stiff enough but not too hard and certainly not soft or flimsy- so you can get the shadow to go wherever you want it to go. and get into smaller spaces on your eyelid that your fingertip won't fit in.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by babybehn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these little pots! They are smooth and creamy, glide on and then stay for the day with little to no creasing. My only gripe is with the ultra-sparkly ones, which shed sparkles on my cheeks! These and MAC paint pots are my new everyday shadows!