September 16, 2014 | 2008 users online

Eye Shadow - Shiseido - Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by alissab

Great product - a must have!! I have this in the light pink shade (colour: H8 Bare Pink) and it is a great all-over base colour for my pale skin. I wear this EVERYDAY now...I am addicted! It has an awesom sheen, stays on ALL day, doesn't crease or smudge and looks amazing!! My other powder shadows layer easily on top of this. I apply with applicator supplied or my finger. As soon as it touches skin, it goes from a silky cream texture to a soft, fine and smooth creamy-powder that does not budge an inch!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by jamiefox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS IS A KEEPER!
And believe me, I'm the queen of the returns.
I have this in Spring Plum.
It's a very pretty shade which is pinkish plum, and reflects a wee bit of green.
It has a subtle shimmer which I like.
I know that sounds like an odd color, but it's very pretty.
I have to layer this color fairly thick or on me it appears too pink when applied with just a light swipe.
I like to bring out more of the plum and that requires some building.
It brings out the blue/green in my eyes nicely.
Unfortunately, it's the only shade that I can wear well in the line as I'm a mature woman who doesn't wear glitter, sparkly, or very shimmering eye shadow.
I WISH that they had more neutral shades like browns, greys, and a nice beige (highlight color) without so much glimmer.
I would buy a bunch more of these if they had some neutrals and less shimmer shades.
I LOVE this formula!
It goes on like a dream and no creasing.
Stays on all day on me, but I don't have oily lids.
Worth the price.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sarahjewellsharp

I love this eyeshadow. I go broke every time new colors come out. I am tempted to throw out every other shadow I own and go with only this. I own every color they have and can't wait for more. It stays on all day, it is easy to apply sheer or build for more color, it it amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by lunacita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After experiencing Hydro-Powders' magic ,I am in love.
This stuff is wonderful :) :) :)

My fave shades thus far:
spring plum
languid lagoon
white lights
lemon sugar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

While I consider this to be way too expensive for eyeshadow, it's really worth it (plus, when will I ever run out of this? There's a ton of product in the jar). I bought that sort of sea-green color (can't remember the name) and it's so pretty! I'm going to go back and get a few more in other colors, in fact. Perfect texture, smooth application. I have no idea if it lasts and doesn't crease, as I always use an eyelid primer, but it's a really great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 10:33:00 PM More reviews by MeredithK02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore hydro powders! I'd never tried cream eyeshadows until this spring, when I bought the new Laura Mercier creme eyeshadow duos. They creased horribly and I returned, thinking maybe cream shadows just wouldn't work for me. Then I kept hearing chatter about the hydro powders on the makeup board, and finally decided to go swatch them at Sephora. The texture is just amazing, it's like a thick mousse, which makes the color easy to move around on your eyelids. The best part, though, is the staying power. I wear these over UDPP, and they last all day. I can apply at 7am and come home at 10pm, and they still look fresh. For someone with oily lids, this is amazing! I now have most of the shades. I've swatched them all in store, and avoided goldlights, whitelights, spring tulle,and lemon sugar (not enough color payoff and more shimmer than I wanted). The bolder colors are great on their own, or as liners with a more neutral shadow. I've worn both aqua shimmer and violet visions as liners (they didn't budge), but they're also great on their own for a bolder look. I'd love if they added more colors each season.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by waterfreak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this by pure chance when perusing around the Shiseido counter. I first tried #H12, Lemon Sugar but it was too yellowish for my taste. I decided to try the Glistening Sand #H9 on the back on my hand. I didn't want to buy it right away because I wanted to test its "wearability". So I walked around the mall for a few hours and went to have lunch, forgetting that this was on the back of my hand. I washed my hands before lunch and then noticed afterwards that it was still there.....which was quite a surprise considering most eyeshadows would wash right off. It wasn't all gone, but I could still see a lot of it there. So, I imagined it would have great staying power once I used it for eyes as intended. I went ahead and bought it thinking "I hope this is as great as I'm epxecting for $23". Well, I wasn't disappointed. I had previously been using mineral powder eyeshadows and wasn't completely happy with the staying power, or lack thereof. This eyeshadow is great for me. I just love the sheen, the staying power and especially how it is a great base for other shadows I apply on top of it. This makes a lovely color for hilighting my brow bones as well. I just wish they made a brown color in this line, then I wouldn't have to put mineral eyeshadow on top of this, but I am still very happy with this and will definitely buy it again after I run out (which at this rate it looks like it'll be a while before I need more). My only beef is that I don't like the little pot and wish it came in a tube for hygenic reasons. I use a new sponge applicator every few days or so, so I feel like I'm wasting a lot of the product, but like I said before, it really goes a long way so I'm not that concerned about that in the long run.

**Update- I have stopped using the sponge type applicator that came with this and have found that using my BE tapered eyeshadow brush dedicated solely to this eyeshadow works PERFECTLY! There is no waste at all, and I don't have to dip my fingers into the little pot, so I am now more than perfectly happy with the pot itself. And I can't believe how much easier it is to apply with this brush...try using this brush, it's stiff enough but not too hard and certainly not soft or flimsy- so you can get the shadow to go wherever you want it to go. and get into smaller spaces on your eyelid that your fingertip won't fit in.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by babybehn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these little pots! They are smooth and creamy, glide on and then stay for the day with little to no creasing. My only gripe is with the ultra-sparkly ones, which shed sparkles on my cheeks! These and MAC paint pots are my new everyday shadows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

General: I LOVE LOVE LOVE Hydro-Powders!!!
I originally wanted to buy Lancome's Colour Dose cream eye-shadow/base but they discontinued the entire line! *stomps feet* I've always wanted to try Shiseido's Hydro-Powders ever since it came out, so here I went last Friday to their counter and instantly adored the texture of these cream shadows and instead of intending to buy just one, I bought 2! The texture is softer and creamier (less thick) than Lancome's which on the other hand is more metallic and less sparkly than Shiseido's; either way I like both but Shiseido's gets an extra point for the adorable pot (Lancome had a cheap lil toothpaste-like tube). I liked it so much that 3 days later on Monday, I went back and wanted to get 3 more pots but they didn't have 2 colours that I wanted, so I just got one. I did put down my name for the next shipment of the missing colours; THIS IS HOW MUCH I LIKE THEM!!! lol

Packaging: Adorable! Fabulous! Also comes with a sponge applicator which I don't use (a synthetic brush with cream shadows works better imo); so I prefer to use my fingers which works great too! 6g/.21oz for 28$CAD+taxes.

So far I have these 3 (I will get more muhahahahaha! lol):
1. Languid Lagoon H10 - This was the first one that I got, it was LOVE at first sight and touch! lol The light blue colour is aqua-like with a bit green. Has pearly SHIMMER, NOT sparkles!
2. Bare Pink H8 - I got this thinking that it looked like Lancome's Bermuda Sunrise which I LOVE, but Shiseido's is much more pink and orange, kinda like coral. It's still good as an eyeshadow but I do find that anything orangey makes me look like I have blood-shot eyes or that I didn't sleep enough.... So instead, what's so versatile here is that it can be used as a CREAM BLUSHER!!! Awesome! lol Gives me a really nice glow on my cheeks! LOVE IT! Again has pearly shimmer, not sparkles.
3. Lemon Sugar H12 - I was having a hard time deciding between this and Glistening Sand H9 (see 4), but I bought this instead and now I'm thinking that I need to go back to get the other one too! lol Anyway Lemon Sugar is a light pearly yellow! It looks great as a highlight in the inner corner of your eyes, or on its own giving your lids a pop! It's not a scary dandelion yellow, but a very nice pastel light yellow! More metallic and pearly than shimmery imo, but definitely no sparkles.
4. Glistening Sand H9 - This wiil be my next purchase! It has a peachy - pale gold, metallic/pearly colour. I think this one is more like my search for Lancome's Bermuda Sunrise! lol
5. Tulle Rose H11 - I don't have this one and don't plan on buying it, but I'm writing it here because I remember it well when testing it at the counter. It looks light pink in the pot, but once you try it one, the pink is barely visible and all you get is MEGA SPARKLES! I guess you can all tell that I prefer metallic/pearly/shimmery than sparkles now lol. Thus AVOID at all costs if you do not like sparkles!
6. Violet Visions H6 - tried it at the counter. The bight royal purple with blue undertones is really quite dark so I personally don't like it because I prefer a wash of colour instead. It's still a pretty colour with a SHEEN, no shimmers and no sparkles here.
7. Clover Dew - H13 - very pretty light pastel green with metallic/pearly effect. Belongs with Languid Lagoon and Lemon Sugar as the 2008 Spring Collection. I may get this too...
8. Green Exotique H7 - Ughhh... it's much more green than Clover Dew; not pastel-like, darker, grassier, metallic/pearly. Since I don't really wear green eyeshadow (except this gorgeous metallic olive colour by MAC lol), I won't be getting it.
9. Aqua Shimmer H5 - More turquoise and darker than Lanquid Lagoon. Like, Violet Visions, this colour is darker, more intense, and has a SHEEN, not pearly/metallic/shimmery!
10. Goldlights H1 - I normally don't like sparkles, but here in this wash of gold colour they look really pretty together. I dunno how the sparkles will look on my eyes... So I' won't get it just to be on the safe side! lol

Alright that's all I remember now! *GO GET YOUR HYDRO-POWDERS NOW! lol*

continued >>

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by may_baby

I am STILL amazed and in love with this shadow. Just love it! It comes with an applicator but I just apply with my finger. This is the only shadow (cream or powder) that I can apply without using UDPP under and it doesn't crease. For a little sparkle, I use Rose Tulle underneath any other color. It goes on sheer for me but leaves a beautiful sparkle. A pot will last a very long time. Can't wait for new colors!