July 22, 2014 | 2088 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powersurge Eye Kohl

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Steph84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I gave the packaging quality a 3 for this because I always feel like you waste some product when you have to sharpen it--however, this sharpens a lot better than other pencils I've used. This is a great color (khaki/olive/brown) for redheads on days when you want the ease of using a pencil liner but you don't want anything too noticeable or stand out. The small glitter in this is not that noticeable and gives it a nice effect. You can definitely wear this everyday without a problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is very flattering on my brown eyes! The shimmery golden bronze coloq is very pretty

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 9:00:00 AM More reviews by oddinary

I usually wear liner on top only, so when it comes to using Powersurge, it's too light to define them but is great on the lower lashline on the other hand! I use this in my tear duct and lower lashline before I apply shadow there. The powerpoint helps it stick longer :)

Powersurge is a brassy gold that is quite a unique colour IMO :)
I have a swatch in my profile!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 10:27:00 PM More reviews by dogdaze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG liner. NC20, brown eyes & hair. This defines w/o harshness. I use it almost every day. UPDATE 2013: Still using Powersurge. It is the perfect e/l for top and bottom lids (mature lids). My eyes are hooded so it is not going to last all day but I have these pencils stashed everywhere for quick touchups. Will buy forever. Prob my favorite m/u product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2007 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ahappyplace

Powersurge eye kohl is the only eyeliner I bother to use on a regular basis. I'm very pale so black eyeliner looks very harsh on me. My other favorite eye kohl, Teddy, can even be a bit much. I love Powersurge because it's subtle but somehow makes my eyes pop. Normally gold shades and I do not get along very well due to my cool skintone, but this has enough of a taupey brown tone to work. I love the shimmer that comes out when I smudge the line a bit. My eyes are very dark brown, but this brings out a bit of hazel in them, LOVE that. My favorite thing about MAC eye kohls is that they are soft and don't pull on my eyelid when applying. I don't have a problem with them smudging or smearing as long as I use UDPP. I will repurchase Powersurge as long as MAC keeps making it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 10:12:00 AM More reviews by lovcatxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this eyeliner. Looks sooo good with my brown eyes. I would definately buy this again. It will probably last a long time though!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ChameliAsh

I only gave this 3 points because the color is too subtle on my skintone (Indian NC30) and doesn't really do anything that applying a gold eyeshadow along my lower lashline wouldn't do better. The quality is fantastic (just like all MAC eyeliners IMO) and the color is beautiful. It just doesn't stand out that much. I bought this looking for a subtle liner for my lower lashline. And it does its job, but I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by I_heart_me

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This pencil goes on nice and smooth. Colour works well on any eyecolour (I've got blue eyes, but I've tried it on all my friends and it looks equally lovely on all of 'em) and appropriate for day or evening. You could wear it alone or pair it with shadow. I agree with the other reviewer who said this pencil pairs well w/Tempting eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2007 2:29:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE 8/30/07 - As subtle as this is, it really does make my eyes look so big and bright. I don't really know how such a subtle kohl makes the difference, but it really, really does. I always get comments on how pretty my eyes look when I wear this. This is one of my top two favorite kohls now (Teddy being the other). FYI-I am NW20, almost black hair, very dark brown eyes. ORIGINAL POST: Powersurge is a beautiful kohl to always have on hand. It is the only color I have tried that I can use on my lower lash line that doesn't draw attention to my dark circles. Everyone has described the color well (bronzy, antiqued gold). I can't really see a huge difference between wearing this or just putting something like Naked Lunch eyeshadow on my lid, so the color is subtle...almost too subtle - this would be the only drawback. As for the PROS: 1) It can be used on the lower lash line without worries of making your under eye area look too dark. 2) It does add subtle definition and gives you a more defined eye. 3) I will use a highlighter pencil on my lower lash line sometimes to help take away some of my darkness in that area. This does the same thing! You could actually line your whole eye - a major taboo in many cases...but it works with this color. 4)This color would look AMAZING on those with darker skin tones. I am a bit pale (NW20), so it really blends into my skin...but someone who has a darker skin tone...this would look gorgeous! FYI - A MAC artist suggested this as a nice, natural, day look way to define my brown eyes (I have almost black hair and dark lashes and brows). 5) And finally, I have full on brown eyes...no green or gray...brown. Powersurge seems to bring out gold "reflection"s in my brown eyes...brings a bit of light to them. Powersurge has the same shimmer as Rosemary & Thyme (R&T is more olive green and is great for hazel or green eyes). While I think R&T is a beautiful color, it isn't anywhere near as practical as Powersurge for my brown eyes. I reach for Powersurge on a daily basis.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was expecting something with more bronze or brown tones to it, but I got something that was much lighter, with more taupe and green (?) tones. It's not a bad color, either, the color is just a bit light for my liking. The liner itself applies nicely and lasts, the texture wasn't too hard so it was easy to apply (but not the softest pencil I have used). I like MAC Eye Kohl's in general, but I don't think I will repurchase one in Powersurge.