July 28, 2014 | 2119 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Milk of Magnesia

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by peanutbuttrlove

I love this stuff! The trick is to apply a small amount let it completely dry and then apply monistat anti chafing gel right on top. My super oily t zone is no longer an oily mess! Ive tried just about everything to control oil and this thankfully has finally worked!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by geminiles6

I have to say the din't work for me

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by arosica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I don't just put it on my face like others, I put about 1/2 a teaspoon in the palm of my hand, mix it with a pea size amount of the Monistat anti chafe gel, and spread it out on my face. It is an awesome makeup primer and doesn't leave the dryness/chalkiness that the milk of magnesia does alone.

What I really love Milk of Magnesia for is an eye shadow primer!!!!!!!!!!! I take a qtip, dip it in the bottle, rub on my eyelid. I then use my fingertip to spread out the milk of magnesia, dab it in, and let it dry. My eyeshadow blends well, stays in place ALL DAY, and never creases at all! Perfection!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 4:52:00 AM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Okay I have really super oily skin and this helps to control oil! I have never tried any other foundation primer before so maybe my review is a little biased. But why change a good thing, right? Yes, at least when it comes to this. I bought the gerneric brand (Top Care) and not the Phillips so I am not for sure if it makes a difference or not. I apply this product with a wet cosmetic sponge and apply a thick layer to my face (b/c skin is so so oily) then I stipple it into the skin. After it dries it does leave some white streaking. But I just buff it away with my kabuki brush. So its no big problem. But I will never apply my makeup ever again without this product. The day before yesterday I was away from home and didn't have it with me and had to apply my makeup without and I got oily within half an hour. But yesterday I applied my makeup with this and my makeup stayed on all day. And I must add that yesterday I spent most of the day outside in the 97 degree heat and my makeup do not crease or get oily. Well of course I sweated haha. But my makeup stayed. If the Milk of Magnesia can do this it is truely an amazing product. This is a must have in my makeup application and I will continue to repurchase this product! My HG foundation primer!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by summersblush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily but dehydrated skin. Usually my makeup seems to slide off my face a few hours into the night and my t-zone is always shiny in pictures. After hearing about MoM's oil controlling abilities, I gave it a try. The first time I used it, my face was in matte heaven. I went through a whole night of dancing without a single sheet of blotting paper! I thought I had found the answer to my oilies. However, it seemed every subsequent use of this my face stayed matte for less time.

I've tried not moisturizing before MoM, moisturinzing then using a primer before MoM, and only using a primer before MoM. All to no avail. My face was not terribly oily when I had this on, but I wasn't able to experience the same result as that first time. Also, my face was becoming really dry. Whenever I applied my foundation after MoM, I was able to see patches of dry spots on my skin. Despite this, I am not totally turned off by this product, maybe I'll try it again in the future.

How I use MoM:
After washing face, I use a toner. Remember to shake the bottle of MoM VERY well then use a cotton ball or finger tips to spread a thin layer of MoM on face. Let dry for 2-3 minutes and apply foundation/ makeup.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by bbarry75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

didn't work for me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by CrochetDiva23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never thought that I'd be writing a review about how a laxative has changed my appearance.

But here it is.

I got turned on to this via YouTube. There were several videos with woman after woman talking about how this product has helped them win the battle against oily skin ruining their makeup.

They weren't lying.

Let me tell you. I have been using this for three weeks now. And I simply love it. My makeup, which used to fall victim to shine within an hour or two, now goes flawless for about 7 hours. No blotting, powdering. Nothing.

This product is, "the truth."

When you get this, be sure NOT to get the flavored ones. Stick to the original formula.

Each morning after cleaning your face and following your sunscreen/moisturizer, ad a sheer bit of this on your T-Zone. Let it dry, then apply your primer. Follow it with your foundation. Be careful not to use too much. If it turns white and cakey then you have used too much. Just dab a teeny bit of water on that area and blend it into your face.

Trust me when I say, we've had a recent heatwave here, and my makeup has not budged.

It's been eight hours with makeup on today and it still looks awesome, if I do say so myself.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ToniD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had given up all hope. Ever since I could remember I have had a problem with oily skin.
I was 3mths away from my wedding day and was having oily skin nightmares. I asked a question on the MUA discussion blogs and someone recommended this to me, I was like really?? So I went on youtube and saw some how to videos and decided to give it a try!

It works wonders!! It didnt work for me alone, I have to use a primer with this and I am oil free at lest 6 to 8 hours which is a lot concidering I would have a face full of oil within 30 mins of applying my make up!!

its worth a try!! It helped me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by angela239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin.I use this before I put a little powder on and my face doesnt get oily too much at all.I also notice that is helps shrink the pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by poivre27

I don't have super oily skin, but I have a definite shine on my nose after only a few hours of wearing makeup. I read the raves here on MUA so I decided to give it a go since other mattifiers aren't really helpful. For a few days I applied it in different ways (under moisturizer, over moisturizer, varying levels of product). It did not keep me matte for longer than 3-4 hours. Last week, I was going to a party so I decided to use it all over my face instead of just my t-zone area. It really didn't do much.

A couple days later I broke out like a mofo. My skin had been clear for at least 5 months (AMAZING for an acne-prone girl like me) but I screwed it up in only a couple of days. I had red spots all over my face that almost looked like hives. My skin wasn't smooth any more, it was bumpy and itchy. Took me about a day to realize it was the MOM. Now I'm worried about how long it'll take me to recover from this reaction and whether scars will remain.

NEVER AGAIN. I will only reach for this shiz when I can't poop.