Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Age Defying - Liquid

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (5%) , Octinoxate (2%) Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane , Water (eau), Glycerin , Cyclomethicone , Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Diethylhexyl Carbonate , Niacinamide , Sodium Chloride , Acetyl Glucosamine , Talc , Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 , PEG-100 Stearate , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone , Dimethicone , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract , Disodiium EDTA , Panthenol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Benzyl Alcohol , Methicone , Aluminum Hydroxide , PEG-10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer , Methylparaben , Allantoin , Propylparaben , Ethylparaben , Fragrance Parfum , Iron Oxides

well, I like the bottle... oddly enough this seemed to make my skin actually look older as the day went on it seemed to settle into my pores and fine lines which i wasn't too happy about :(

This was the first foundation I ever used. I started wearing makeup when I was 15 and this was the first choice since my mother loved it.
This foundation can be deceiving. When you apply it in the morning you can actually achieve a flawless face and cover up acne and everything. Now, about an hour (2 at most) it starts oxidizing and fading. 3 hours later, you don't have any makeup on and look extremely greasy.
If you have oily skin this is defenetely not your choice since you will see it disappear before your eyes in no time.

on 7/16/2010 2:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

One of the worst DS foundations ever! I have dry skin so I was hoping this foundation would work. When I first applied the foundation it seemed really moisturizing which was a + for me. However, after wearing for a couple of hours my face was an oil slick which is a rare occurance for me. I tried with and without studio secrets primer and hated it! The only reason I gave it 1 lippie is because of the pump packaging and color match. Maybelline Instant age rewind eraser treatment is not the best but it is much better than this junk if you are looking for a moisturizing foundation. Plus Maybelline has a little more spf.

on 6/23/2010 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This turns out to be an excellent choice for my dry, mature skin. Great coverage, easy application and I don't notice any smell at all (I have allergies right now). I wish it had a higher SPF and the colors tend to be lighter than the same color in a different CG product. Classic Beige in one CGproduct is different from Classic Beige in another. But I like how even-toned my skin looks, so it's a keeper!

on 6/13/2010 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The pump was great but i hate the foundation!!!!!!!!IIt just dried the crap out of my skin and i have dry skin anyways but it made it worse!!!!!!!Plus it had fragrence in it which irritated my skin and made my skin burn, I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Im shocked it got 4 i give it a 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 5/31/2010 5:09:00 PM

Very orange. Would oxidize horribly.

on 5/15/2010 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This review is for the liquid in a pump. This product is a good color match for me. I love the pump--would love a squeezable tube more, but you can't have everything. It is made for a "mature" complexion, with the Olay stuff in it. Don't entertain any notion that it will cooperate with oily skin. It has a fruity/floral fragrance when applied, so be warned before you apply it.

It matches my skin tone, is easy to find in a pinch and has a 10 spf (broad spectrum I think), so it has a few things going for it. I'll update if I need to, but it's not a holy grail for me by any measure.

Edit: Will not purchase again--my face hasn't been this greasy looking and feeling since. . .well never! Not even during adolescence. Within a half hour of applying and setting with powder, I've got my own oil spill to contend with. I have rosacea which is controlled with metrogel, and most foundations at least provide some coverage of the residual redness, but not this, and I have found pimples that are definitely not rosacea related and can only be due to this foundation.

on 5/10/2010 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a cheaper alternative to the CG Simply Ageless foundation. Overall wasn't thrilled with this. The color variation for the same shade is a negative thing that I have noticed in CG foundations. I have used Classic Ivory 210 in a few different lines of CG foundations and each time the color varies noticeably despite being labeled as the same shad. That aside the product itself felt alright going on, didn't have quite as much coverage as I need (I would call this light to medium). Once set with powder it seemed okay but started getting almost oily, like it was seeping through the powder after a couple of hours. Based on that I decided to return it and just shell out for the better stuff. One good thing about the product I could say is that it did help the overall appearance of my skin, at least initially. This might be good for people with dryer skin, but I won't purchase again.

on 5/2/2010 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was getting bored with my Revlon Colorstay plus my lines around my eyes are starting to get to me. I just wanted to try something different. I used to use this before I discovered Colorstay. In fact, I used it for a couple of years at least. So I saw it on sale and wondered why I ever switched if I used it so long (it claims to take 5 years off you and that's exactly what I need!!). Ah, now I remember...okay...
Let me say, this is not a horrible foundation. However....
First) the colors are sooo hard to match, I'm an Early Tan in Colorstay (in the summer), I couldn't find anything close to this color. I ended up getting Soft Honey because it looked closest in the bottle to Early Tan. They didn't have the color I used in the past, so I swatched Soft Honey on my hand and it looked close. NOOO...it's awful on my face. I look like an Oompa Loompa! Way orange. Ick.
Second) it settles into every pore I have, leaving little orange dots on my face. Attractive huh? I'm just wondering that if I had the correct color (like what I used to use), if this would be better because I never remember it doing that before.
Third) I guess I'm spoiled by Colorstay but after about 3 hours it was "sticky." It was ok oil control, I didn't look oily, my face was just sticky.
What I do like about this stuff is the creamy feel when you put it on. Its easily blendable unlike Colorstay. And it did seem to soften the lines around my eyes. I thought about taking it back and trying another color, but I just don't think the pros outweigh the cons. I knew there was a reason I switched...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I really like this foundation, it's the best I've used yet. Not too yellow or pink, 135 medium light is perfect for me.
I have used their TruBlend whipped foundation and like it but this is better and the colors are the same.
It's thick and creamy so a little goes a long way; it's never cakey looking. It gives great coverage but yet looks natural. I just apply a little extra on blemishes. Is ok for my oily skin, no breakouts.
It has spf 10 and Olay ingredients, a nice bonus. I think it actually does take off 5 years from the look of skin as it claims. Will buy again when I run out but that will be awhile as I said before a little goes a long way.