October 21, 2014 | 1392 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Twig

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by h20liliz

Love the pigmentation and lasting power. However, this lipstick is thick and can appear cakey if you swipe it across your entire lip. I've found that it works best if you dab the lipstick on and then smoosh your lips together to blend. This method will also help to preserve the amount used each time. My only reservation is the price. Revlon's Rose Velvet is a much better dupe. It is moisturising and a much more wearable color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Ellenmarieb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great lipstick! Looks good whether I am tan or pale and has a nice matte finish that isn't drying. I have been using this color for 13 years! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by hersupernature

Twig's finish is semi-matte and pretty flattering for any skintone; it's a mauvey-taupe in the tube but much more pink/red on your lips. I'm an NC15 with golden undertones and this is dark enough on my pigmented lips to appear as though I'm definitely wearing lipstick, so I'd classify it as a medium lipstick, maybe dark (we're not talking noir here, though). The finish dries down quite nicely and looks as if it were freshly applied if you continue to apply balm or gloss afterward, as it stains your lips a little. (Neither a pro or con for me.)

I've found this product is almost exactly identical to MAC Twig once on - If you're thinking of getting both, get one or the other!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by ReineRedWillow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands down my absolute favorite lipstick, and I wear it daily. I have been wearing this lipstick for about 10 years, and during that time I have bought countless cheaper lipsticks just to try to save the money because it is expensive, but every time I end up not using them and its just a waste of money. I think that the texture is very creamy and smooth, and it stays on really well. Other brands that I have tried to color match with this one have been disappointing, either too dry or not enough pigment. Bottom line is that I adore this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by psychdr

I'm on my second tube of this and absolutely love how versatile this color is. Great long-wearing formula and perfect for the office.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Tarheeloutwest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The color is a rosy kind of MLBB. I'm NC20ish with washed-out lips and Twig perks up my coloring without being too obvious. This was my first MAC lipstick and I really enjoy the creamy texture and the staying power. It cost $14.50 but it's worth it. First because I got to try it on in the store and second because I knew that if it didn't work I could take it back to Nordstrom. I will definitely go back to MAC for more colors.

I'm over buying lipstick at the drugstore! A good lipstick has to be a flattering color and it's so difficult to predict if a color will be flattering if you can't try it on. Maybe this is because my coloring is on the warm side rather than neutral or cool, I don't know. But I'm ashamed to admit how many tubes of Revlon and L'Oreal there are junking up my lipstick cubby. I've even resorted to mixing the too-plum ones with the too-brown ones in an old lip gloss pot. At least that way I get something out of the money I've spent!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by MiniMabs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favourite everyday lipstick. It's about 3 tones darker than my lips and just makes them look bigger and more defined. I put an Estee Lauder lip liner on in Spice (08) which is exact same shade, put this lipstick on with a brush and then a lipcote ontop. My lipstick stays on nearly all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by MrsGlamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by keim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Twig is a beautiful neutral color for us warmer skinned gals (nc35-37). I am in love with it. Also looks beautiful with MAC nymphette over it. Must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lipstickgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this already! I love Twig. It's not earth-shattering, but it works so well. It's the perfect everyday, MLBB color. I wear it when I want to look like me, but better. I never choose it at night, but it's great for work and weekends. A perfect neutral on me. I've bought several tubes over the years, and just used my "back to mac" trade in to get one! And I do love the stain formula.