April 23, 2014 | 2035 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Twig

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by keim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Twig is a beautiful neutral color for us warmer skinned gals (nc35-37). I am in love with it. Also looks beautiful with MAC nymphette over it. Must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lipstickgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this already! I love Twig. It's not earth-shattering, but it works so well. It's the perfect everyday, MLBB color. I wear it when I want to look like me, but better. I never choose it at night, but it's great for work and weekends. A perfect neutral on me. I've bought several tubes over the years, and just used my "back to mac" trade in to get one! And I do love the stain formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by guyinds

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had this lipstick about a month. This is my new go to color. I am a NW35 and this color works great with my skin tone. Satin finish is nice because it can be worn anywhere: to work or out on the town. If u want something more flashy pick a similar color with a different finish or top it off with some clear gloss. Overall a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

This is my true neutral color. I mean, this color matches my natural lip color to a T, when I have it on, it evens out my natural color, and gives it a subtle shine. This is my soulmate lipstick. LOVE IT.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ChristiAnne1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually adore brownish lipsticks but this one just did not work for me. After I put it on I looked in the mirror and immediately felt transported back to the 90's. On me it turned a very icky brownish/reddish color that made me feel (and look...eek!) about 10 years older.I was hoping for a browny/pinky/neutral color but I don't think my mauvey pigmented lips can pull it off.
I do however, love the texture of it and the scent...just not the way it makes me look.
Gave it to my mom who absolutely adores it, and on her it looks amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by cyberkaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this shade. For some reason, it is perfect for my skin tone. I have been using it for over 10 years. I first heard about this shade after reading an article in one of the magazines about MAC's best selling lipsticks, and at the time, this shade was their best seller. I thought I would try it because I love the nude brownish pink toned lipsticks. I went to Nordstroms because they had a large selection of MAC products, and as soon as I tried it on, I loved it. I will continue to buy this shade as long as they carry it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Several of my friends used and raved about Twig lipstick so I decided to give it a try a few years ago. Definitely NOT my colour at all. Very unflattering, in fact. I need more colour to my face - more pink or plum or red. Twig just made me look tired and haggard - not what anyone is looking for in a lipstick. It's not really the fault of the lipstick; it's just not a flattering colour for me at all. I also find it very drying and dry looking on my lips, though a topping of a clear or almost clear lipgloss takes care of this and also makes the lipstick a bit more wearable/less unflattering for me (I tried it the other day again after quite some time and put on some gloss). I've had this a few years now and the tube basically looks unused because, well, I hardly ever use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This will the first lipstick shade I'll rebuy. I've had this many years, and it is wearable day and night. I'm NW-NC20. Colour is pink chocolate. Nars Pigalle is called pink chocolate but it has no pink, just brown. If I have to pick one shade of all the lipsticks I have tried, and call it universally flattering, twig would be it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by tylerhz

Nice color b I'm olive complected and I like this color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lipstick! I'm about an NC42 and have pigmented, full lips. The satin formula is pretty opaque and covers the uneven pigmentation of my lips so you just see the beautiful mauve color.
...
The satin finish offers a matte look, but it can be a little on the dry side, so I would recommend using a light layer of lip balm underneath this. Since it's a little drier, it doesn't rub off all over when I drink a glass of water. I hate glossy lip products because they're usually too sheer to offer much color and wear off too quickly. Plus, I feel like they emphasize my already fat lips.
...
This color brightens up my complexion perfectly. It's a mauve pink that isn't too bright or too brown. I even like the name "Twig" for this color. The color isn't exactly "young," but all the bright/glossy/glittery "young" stuff isn't working for me. I'm really glad it's in the permanent MAC product line and hope it's never discontinued!