December 21, 2014 | 1819 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Twig

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by RosieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

On my lips MAC Twig shows up as a pinky/mauve/brown color shade. The formula is very dry and tends to make my lips looked chapped when applied..(Maybe I got a bad tube, who knows) The only way I can make this lipstick work for me is if I use MAC Viva Glam V lipgloss on top. With gloss it looks nice MLBB..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 8:09:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I initially went to mac to try & perhaps buy Brave...however while @ the L/S section I pulled twig as well as brave...after tryn brave it did not work for my skintone moved on to TWIG & viola love @ 1st dab I dab it on becuz it looked dark in the tube but once it instantly brightened my face its the perfect rosy nude...I love this color it last a good while 4hrs W/O eatn & drinkn through a straw...my 2ndx wearn I applied it straight from the tube & that's when I encountered the curse of the satin "dryness" it feels dry on the lips which I took 1 lippie of 4 that but I will deal with that since it only happens when I swipe on instead of dab in all it was a good buy & if this tube is done I will def. Repurchase:)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by annie917

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm obviously in the minority but I hate this lipstick with a passion! I've got pale, freckly skin with blue eyes and blonde hair, and it comes out as a disgusting orangey brown on me. I also dislike the very drying formula - yuk!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by agyagy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this so much,flattering my nc40/42 skin tone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to lipstick it's pretty much the natural shade of my lips but better it stays on all day and I wear it everywhere work school social life everything!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by h20liliz

Love the pigmentation and lasting power. However, this lipstick is thick and can appear cakey if you swipe it across your entire lip. I've found that it works best if you dab the lipstick on and then smoosh your lips together to blend. This method will also help to preserve the amount used each time. My only reservation is the price. Revlon's Rose Velvet is a much better dupe. It is moisturising and a much more wearable color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Ellenmarieb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great lipstick! Looks good whether I am tan or pale and has a nice matte finish that isn't drying. I have been using this color for 13 years! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by hersupernature

Twig's finish is semi-matte and pretty flattering for any skintone; it's a mauvey-taupe in the tube but much more pink/red on your lips. I'm an NC15 with golden undertones and this is dark enough on my pigmented lips to appear as though I'm definitely wearing lipstick, so I'd classify it as a medium lipstick, maybe dark (we're not talking noir here, though). The finish dries down quite nicely and looks as if it were freshly applied if you continue to apply balm or gloss afterward, as it stains your lips a little. (Neither a pro or con for me.)

I've found this product is almost exactly identical to MAC Twig once on - If you're thinking of getting both, get one or the other!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by ReineRedWillow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands down my absolute favorite lipstick, and I wear it daily. I have been wearing this lipstick for about 10 years, and during that time I have bought countless cheaper lipsticks just to try to save the money because it is expensive, but every time I end up not using them and its just a waste of money. I think that the texture is very creamy and smooth, and it stays on really well. Other brands that I have tried to color match with this one have been disappointing, either too dry or not enough pigment. Bottom line is that I adore this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by psychdr

I'm on my second tube of this and absolutely love how versatile this color is. Great long-wearing formula and perfect for the office.