August 23, 2014 | 1102 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by ancci312

I so wanted to love this product! As my profile says, I should have paid attention to the other reviews on this site with my skin type as it seems the brush exacerbated my acne prone skin.
In the beginning - my skin was quite bumpy with many spots all over my cheeks, splotchy marks on the cheeks, while other areas were not much of an issue. (Oddly, my t-zone is not the problem area, my cheeks are - this I hear is a hormonal issue)
In total, I used this product for 42 days, morning and night, as directed, with my own cleansers (I use Australian Bodycare Tea Tree Skin Wash and rotate it with Obagi Clenziderm's face wash) giving it at least a full month to see how my face would handle it. I will say that it did get rid of a lot of bumps on my skin and initially I was floored with what I was seeing. Over time, however, I found it really dried my skin out and left my skin looking strange... I can't explain it fully. Also, I ended up having HUGE whiteheads on areas I never do like around my mouth (how gross to be talking to someone with a pea-sized whitehead on the corner of it), and it ended up spreading the bacteria onto other areas of my face giving me acne on places I RARELY break out on. For example, my temples were completely clear as was my chin and the surrounding area of my nose and upper lip and jawline, and today, 42 days later, there are still acne on my temples that are in clusters - which is an indicator of the bacteria having spread. Initially, my skin looked smooth but it was strange - I started getting blackheads where I have never had them before (I should mention, I don't get blackheads on my face, besides that of my nose), and I still have red marks from leftover acne.
To summarize, I think this brush is fantastic for those who don't have acne, or acne prone skin. For those of us that do, I hope my review helps because the brush does and will spread your p.acnes bacteria to other sides of your face, ladies and gents. (at least it did to me) Sephora has a fabulous return policy, and I was able to return this brush, no problem. Once I get the acne under control and am looking for something to give me a nice polish at the end of the day, I think I may re-purchase this baby, however, at this time, it's a pricey gadget to sit in my drawer, unused.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by spoonleg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best investments you can make in your beauty regime! As another reviewer stated, it has encouraged me to wash my face more! I have only had mine for a couple of months, purchased at the recommendation of my aesthatician based on my skin type (oily, large pores, blackheads.) I also bought all of the different face washes and have been trying them out. So far my favorite is the creamy (nourishing?) one in the orange bottle. I use the sensitive skin brush currently. I have not tried the body brush or body polish- though I did buy them. I found a great price on the Clarisonic Pro from amazon. I take it with me when traveling, which is great. My only complaint is that it automatically shuts off after two minutes, and sometimes I want another 30 seconds or so to be sure I get nice and clean/exfoliated. Not a big deal, I just turn it back on. LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by azaleadeez

I didn't notice that this actually helped control my oily skin until I was without it for the last two weeks. So yeah this brush does give me less oily skin and less blackheads. However it's ridiculous that it broke down on me twice within a year. For this price I would expect better quality control. The first time it broke down I managed to get a new one through the warranty; this time, it's still pending and if there are no more exchanges for it, I'm not sure if I'd repurchase a new one though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the Clarisonic Pro system from qvc.com, it came with 3 face brushes and a body brush. It also came with the clarisonic face and body washes in travel and full sizes. I use Philosophy products for my face so I didn't try the clarisonic face wash. I have dry skin, I don't have a problem with break outs but I am in my mid 30s now and I am getting fine lines. The clarisonic cleans my face without drying it out. I think using the philosophy which has worked for me for years helps as well. I tried the clarisonic body polish scrub on my elbows and feet and it made them very soft and smooth without irritating my skin. I try to use that stupid Pedi Egg and it tears up my feet. The pro system was $225 but I feel like it was worth the money. If something works then I don't mind paying extra. I had been using the Olay brush and the clarisonic blew it out of the water. There's no comparison.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by reyez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received the Clarisonic Pro as a Christmas present from my hubby. I've used it every day since and think its fantastic!

I have combination skin with some dry patches between my eyes, under my chin and under my nose, but an oily T-zone. I have used the cleanser that came with the Clarisonic as well as others. I usually just change cleanser depending on how my skin is as well as brush head. I tend to use the brush head for sensitive skin with the clarisonic gentle cleanser, and if my skin feels 'drier' then a more nourishing cleanser. My skin has become a lot less flaky and I've noticed less black heads over my nose!

I rarely use the body brush attachment (maybe twice a week if that) and find I only need to charge it once a week(ish) maybe even longer. It generally lives in the shower.

I love the timer on the pro model - tells you when to change 'zones' on your face. Kind of like an electric toothbrush telling you to brush another quadrant.

My husband bought me the Mia which I use for travel - but he uses the Mia himself as an everyday brush!

Fantastic product! I highly recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Im not going to go into a huge rant on this. This was simply just a mistake for me and a huge waste of money. I couldn't find a decent skin cleanser to use this with so it wouldn't dry out my skin, the cleanser they give you sucks, no matter what brush i used they all were too much for my skin and dried it out. The battery always seems low and runs out fast, the settings/timers are confusing and annoying, the body brush is too rough, didn't improve my skin in any kinds of way......*sigh* i Im glad this is a HG skin saver for most but not for me.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by xlitlbitx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was using the derma new brush for a while since is was much cheaper than the clarisonic and didn't want to spend the money on it as we all know its expensive and thought that the results would all be the same as I'm sure other think that way to. Anyways one of my good friends found a really good deal on the pro and I said what the heck I will get one as I still was interested in it and thought that I may not get this deal again.
I started using it 2x's a day and it was to much for my skin, should of known better than to jump in. It irritated my skin so I gave it break and then started using it just at night and saw a great deal of difference in my skin, it was clean, soft and glowy. Much more different than the other brush I was using. It came with the sensitive brush and saw that they had diffent ones so I tried the deep pore brush since I work in a dirty assembly plant and I have oily/acne skin. It did much better. I am still using it and still loving it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 7:46:00 AM More reviews by sixbluemooses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have acne-prone super oily skin and this has done wonders for my blackheads and large pores. My acne is mostly gone due to antibiotics, but I usually get small pimples still.

I did go through a huge breakout when I first used this, but it was a once off. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and no signs of break outs! :)

My skin was also quite sensitive to it at first so I only used it once every two days in the shower. That seems to be enough for my skin so I'm happy with that.

Blackheads on my nose and cheeks have reduced significantly and i'm also noticing the really deep ones that i've had for years that are coming to the surface and disappearing.

Love love love this product - but I wouldn't use it as often as it recommends!

UPDATE:
I'm still loving this brush! but definitely can't use it every day!
I use it every second night and follow it with my lancome genefique serum and a good moisturiser
No massive break outs if I miss out a day, but I can tell the difference! My skin is much much smoother

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by shar037

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this on and off for the last 2 years.
Originally I used it twice a day, with the sensitive brush, and my skin looked amazing.
But then I started getting dry patches and even a broken capillary. Both classic signs of trauma to skin.
I took a long break and have begun using it again.
This time only once a day or every other day...so far so good. Fingers crossed!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE MY CLARISONIC PRO! I truly believe that this product in combination with my acne cleanser has kept my skin oil & acne free. I love how exfoliated and smooth my skin feels after using this both in the morning and at night. I try not to over exfoliate my skin, but have found that using my pro is okay twice a day since it is a different kind of exfoliating..I am not tugging at my skin with a rough scrub everyday when using this..
Also, I am starting to see that some of my acne scars are fading over..not sure if this is because I have been using Meladerm, but I do think it is probably a combination of both products. So if you have oily, acne prone skin and are looking for something that will deep clean and exfoliate without tugging at your skin every day look no further! This is the product for you!